Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

What if Erin Everly is warchild?

and be able to ban several peoples youtube accounts?

no, i think Erin got waaaay much fun to do than sinking this low, like the lunatic Axl fan internet cupcakes

For example: selling Axl 25 years old panties for a few bucks...

Edited by Crash Diet

Well first off, ALL THE MODS Highvoltage, UK, Russ etc. have got to be loving this. Can't speak for you guys or anyone but myself, This is a great discussion and I've had no problem reading thoroughly through the thread. All sides have made good points, except the one about this not supposed to be a topic...lol this is in no way worse than half of Randy's topics. But anyways, MY TWO CENTS:

It's weird. Erin attending a GNR show two years ago suggested an element of reconciliation.

Yet now she seems perfectly willing to humiliate Axl in a way never experienced before. It's quite a ruthless move on her part.

I don't see how she could wake up one day and think "I'm going to leak love letters and make Axl out to be a monster". She already did that regardless of what actually happened. This is an attempt to make cash, simple as that. I don't see how you can argue that point. Regardless of why, she wants to make cash. She's got to be in need, as she's had over 20 years to release this shit.

We're also talking about love letters written by a guy who's still emotionally wrecked by things that happened in his past :lol:

I think few of us realize how big an impact this will have on Axl. Given that she was his first love, I'd imagine he still harbors a degree of feelings for her.

If she is in financial strife, you could possibly empathize with auctioning the Jungle shirt etc. But intimate items like letters and lawsuits suggest a more vindictive agenda.

Agreed. The love letters/breakup letters are the things that bother me. PPrivate, but in her possession. Then again, if you have an email account, even those aren't private. A company i.e. Google owns it and can do what they want. If you upload pics to Facebook, Facebook owns the pics. They can do what they want if they wanted to. And I don't know if she was his first love, there's another chicks face on his arm that I think he fell in love with first but, could be wrong.

It's her stuff, she's entitled to do what she wants with it. Axl used her and their life for songs and videos. Not getting the uproar here.

Ultimately yeah. But old love letters I have from ex girlfriends I threw away. I feel like there'd be no point to selling them, do you want to read my personal thoughts? She wants to make a buck. I think that's the part that bothers people. She's mooching for cash just like team Brazil is mooching by being Axl's managers and claiming that they're "qualified".

Please don't be this person. I do not post anymore, Erin is humiliating Axl, UK Subs wants a channel with Guns. I was only offering advice

Do you think by implementing a ban on this topic GNR management will suddenly change their perception of MyGNR? There have been many gestures of good will and that has never been reciprocated by GNR management.

Nope. Regardless of what the mods want, and I know they've deleted posts/topics and what not to try to be more supportive of the band. They do it because this is a PRO GNR forum directed to the band, including the current incarnation. The band is the band whether anyone likes it or not. I feel they're cover artists until they release new music, but that's me. The mods want to make this a place where the band members feel comfortable to come in and post if they wanted to. They may want to avoid lawsuits too. Can't speak for them but I do think they want to make this a fan friendly zone and make it clear that Axl is welcome and shouldn't feel like he's going to get beat up if he, for example, ever wanted to post. I think if Dj came in here for a chat he'd get trolled. I found a Bumblefoot chat from in here from a year and a half ago? And he got attacked for stuff he didn't really have coming.

The band will do what the band wants to do. Axl will do what he wants to do. He feels he doesn't owe anybody, so he'll do what he wants when he wants. We could turn this place into HTGTH and notice he doesn't go in there too often, does he? The mods are great and they do their job, my point is simply that kissing Axl's ass won't get a plug or autograph. Some posters think so, though.

Honestly the only thing I find surprising in all of this is that she didn't attempt to do this sooner.

It's a bit low for my tastes. But I don't think there's really anything Axl can legally do about it. Kinda makes it even funnier since the official gnr twitter flaunted her presence at a show in 2011 :lol:.

Exactly what I was talking about before as to how the soap opera aspect to this "guns n roses" operation is all we got left to keep us entertained.

Just another hilarious episode of "Days of Our Axl".

To be fair, this was completely out of Axl's hands. Wonder if he knows about it yet.

unless he's been sleeping i"m guessing he's been made aware.

Notice Volcano is all of a sudden nowhere to be found in this thread? Where's Brain? Unless I'm missing something those guys are probably fernando and jarmo reporting what's going on to their boss.

Not trolling, but I would be curious to hear what Marc Canter thinks of this.

Idk, I'm not to the point of hating Erin for this. On the same tocan, it just seems unnecessary and like a cash grab on her part.

I did assume that things between her and Axl were good since the pics of her at a recent GNR show were posted on their official page, but then again, she didn't go backstage. Lord knows the last time she even spoke to Axl, and doing something like this surely can't sit well with Axl. I call the guy Mickey Mouse and it ain't sitting that well with me so..

Some of you that are gettting your panties all in a bunch are also responsible for posts like : Do you think Axl Shaves his balls? I mean if that type of post isnt "too personal" whats the difference in this material?

Granted I think some of the more intimate letters and the things that are sensitive should be sent back to Axl for no other reason than it gets archived and catalogued along with all the other memorbilia . Genesis of GNR type of stuff that is relevant.

its like looking on a carwreck...theres things that are none of my business to know between them and it doesnt add anything but sadness to an already sad and pitiful situation. SCOM has a very special memory for me and Erin being the inspiration for that is cool.

Perhaps its a signal to Axl that she too has gotten over him and feels no need to have anything associated with that era of her life anymore. Its a catharisis.. a funeral for the past that lets one be free to move into the future. Holding on these things was in essenece holding onto Axl in some way. Some of it could have been burned though...out of self respect if not for anything else.

Who knows maybe the proceedes go to a battered womens shelter??... and Axl defenders/deniers make note...its not just physically harming a woman thats considered battering there is the mental and emotional abuse as well. " Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will break my heart"

The facination with this is almost has a vindictive feeling to it... like AHA!!we knew he was an asshole and this proves it kind of thing.

I say burn the lot of it and let the past stay the past..there is nothing in those letters that adds anything positive to the story. I dont wanna know it cuz knowing IT wont change a damn thing.... but there was a time...

The more I think about this auction, the more vile it becomes. Selling those personal letters is just sick. What a douchebag. Can girls be douchebags?

What causes you more anger?

Axl beating Erin up

Or

Or Erin selling her own personal items?

I'm sorry, but she's not just selling her items. She also sells Axl's medical ID bracelets, his hospital bracelet, photos from when he was a little kid at home, and more of his personal belongings. I really don't understand why she kept those items if she hated him so much. It somehow doesn't fit in. I think it's a little weird, Still, keeping them is up to her, but selling them seems rather tasteless to me.

• Like 2

But again, surely the legal system should protect the character of a public figure? Letters of this nature usually only surface posthumously.

I haven't looked through them, but from what's been posted so far, it's very very tame next to what could have been released and what's already been made available to the public. I doubt anything here is going to upset Axl at this stage of his life.

Erin was always a big spender, but the second ex-hubby was pretty rich and this stuff money-wise will bring in peanuts. It might be she's more interested in getting Axl's attention. Interesting.

As someone said Axl is overly sensitive and easily hurt. I hope he's not depressed right now as this could destroy him. Hope he has good people around him to help if he's badly affected. It kinda seemed on last tour and Jimmy Kimmel that he was in best place he's ever been and was moving on. Doncha think this is gonna drag up old memories for him? No matter what he did and it was wrong there's no need to sell this personal letters. If you want to let go of stuff do it privately. It's really vindictive and she's obviusly trying to get at him but why 20 years later? Why now!

Has anyone messaged Marc Canter to ask him his opinion on why she might be doing this now? He would have good insight. He knows her well and has chatted with the fans many times on this board. Marc if you're there please message! :)

Edited by Janis

It would be cool, if, for a certain amount of money, she'd be willing to do a 15 minute video chat with a fan where she vividly describes what she felt as Steven (or other) shot her with that lethal dose of heroin that night in the late 80s. Or how her friend giving her a shitload of klonopin made her wig the fuck out.

Maybe even more interesting than Axl's love letters.

As someone said Axl is overly sensitive and easily hurt. I hope he's not depressed right now as this could destroy him. Hope he has good people around him to help if he's badly affected. It kinda seemed on last tour and Jimmy Kimmel that he was in best place he's ever been and was moving on. Doncha think this is gonna drag up old memories for him? No matter what he did and it was wrong there's no need to sell this personal letters. If you want to let go of stuff do it privately. It's really vindictive and she's obviusly trying to get at him but why 20 years later? Why now!

She's selling really benign stuff, in this case I honestly don't think he'll care. He'll appreciate that there's nothing too bad here. Although I'd love to see what's in the stepfather letter.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Why people think she is low on cash. Didn't she marry a millionaire real estate magnate?

Architecture, real estate, yup, but they're divorced, and Erin is used to burning through a lot of money, so maybe she is low on cash, but this just isn't going to bring in a lot. But then again, she can't really cut a book deal, at least not without a ghost writer, she's dyslexic, won't be writing one herself. Maybe this is her equivalent?

Can anyone read the letter from his stepfather? Can't make it out.

If anybody can come up with even a few words here and there, I might be able to tell what the references are. (eg: I know about Stephen's New Day Donut Shop, etc).

It may be a subtle attempt at extortion.

"Do you want them going public, bitch? If not, you're going to pay for them."

Doubt that's the case, anybody doing the math will know Axl doesn't have any money.

There's 2 things on there I didn't see the point of auctioning - the preliminary police report because that's public record, and his dad's letter, which probably should have just been sent to his sister to do what she wanted with it.

Some interesting auction items, the Rolling Stones pool table looked like it would be fun to have.

This. it's partly covered isn't it unlike the others unfortunately

I was able to read most of the front page, in the catalog view you can enlarge it. Pretty creepy if you ask me. It's addressed to all three children. Some religious references in there, pretty wordy and controlled, you can definitely see this man raised Axl.

This. it's partly covered isn't it unlike the others unfortunately

I was able to read most of the front page, in the catalog view you can enlarge it. Pretty creepy if you ask me. It's addressed to all three children. Some religious references in there, pretty wordy and controlled, you can definitely see this man raised Axl.

Thanks, I don't have a good eye (or computer screen) for deciphering it. I thought that's what it would be. I could see a few words about Amy's gift for healing (and she did go to nursing school), etc.. if you can private message even a bit of a transcript, even some random lines, I'll trade some other stuff for it.

Edited by snooze72

Did any of you idiots who are trashing Erin actually read what Julien's Auctions is fuckin' about?

I quote:

Julien's Auctions works with our celebrity clients and the entertainment industry to create auctions that benefit their charity interests.

Oh shit! Looks like she's really desperate for the money!

__

On topic: I'm glad I'll be able to bid on some of those items. I support Erin for doing this.

Troccoli fuck off, you can't beat me.

• Like 1