Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

I don't think it's right. I would personally want to kill any former girffriend of mine who would ever do something like this to me - and I'm nobody (lol).

Maybe Axl doesn't give a damn but I guess he won't enjoy this kind of shit.

To get things worse, seems like there are pieces of poetry and others that were never released or copyrighted. Not sure if she can't do that.

Any lawyers in here? Any possibility to sue a person like Erin Everly for what's she's doing if she doesn't get an "ok" from Axl ?

I guess I can sell a picture of myself. But if there's a famous person with me.. can I as well without permission? And to get things worse, can I sell a pic of a famous person just because I took the pic? Where's the rights of privacy?

I don't know. Even though she might not be worth to receive one damn cent from the money she wants... if I had the money I might be there just to get everything from her hands and handle it to someone Axl trusts and that's it, gone, the end, period.

Shame.

I don't think it's right. I would personally want to kill any former girffriend of mine who would ever do something like this to me - and I'm nobody (lol).

To get things worse, seems like there are pieces of poetry and others that were never released or copyrighted. Not sure if she can't do that.

Any lawyers in here? Any possibility to sue a person like Erin Everly for what's she's doing if she doesn't get an "ok" from Axl ?

I guess I can sell a picture of myself. But if there's a famous person with me.. can I as well without permission? And to get things worse, can I sell a pic of a famous person just because I took the pic? Where's the rights of privacy?

I don't know. Even though she might not be worth to receive one damn cent from the money she wants... if I had the money I might be there just to get everything from her hands and handle it to someone Axl trusts and that's it, gone, the end, period.

Shame.

Do you really think TMZ or the National Enquirer are getting signed released forms from those they hound?

I'm not a lawyer, but it doesn't take one to know that If these items are truly are the property of Erin Everly then they are hers to sell. These would be considered gifts to Erin by Axl, and as such she would be within her right to do with them as she pleases. Any claim by Axl that they are still his property would fail in court.

Also consider that they have been in Erin's possession for decades and you see the legal obstacles that would face Axl were he try to reclaim them or block their sale. Since Axl has not (at least to anyone's knowledge here) made any attempt to recoup these items over this time period, it's unlike he has any valid claim to them now.

Axl's free to comment to the fans about discouraging them from buying it, if he feels that strongly about it.

That would likely bring more attention the auctions. Unless this gets picked up by a major media outlet or somehow goes viral (both of which I doubt, but could still happen), the only people who are going to know about it are a few hundred people who still insanely follow this band (yes, I include myself into that group :P)

I'm not a lawyer, but it doesn't take one to know that If these items are truly are the property of Erin Everly then they are hers to sell. These would be considered gifts to Erin by Axl, and as such she would be within her right to do with them as she pleases. Any claim by Axl that they are still his property would fail in court.

Also consider that they have been in Erin's possession for decades and you see the legal obstacles that would face Axl were he try to reclaim them or block their sale. Since Axl has not (at least to anyone's knowledge here) made any attempt to recoup these items over this time period, it's unlike he has any valid claim to them now.

Exactly. There's nothing Axl can do about it, maybe he doesn't care at all.

Shame.

Do you really think TMZ or the National Enquirer are getting signed released forms from those they hound?

Axl's free to comment to the fans about discouraging them from buying it, if he feels that strongly about it.

That would likely bring more attention the auctions. Unless this gets picked up by a major media outlet or somehow goes viral (both of which I doubt, but could still happen), the only people who are going to know about it are a few hundred people who still insanely follow this band (yes, I include myself into that group :P)

Well maybe somebody tries to block this thing let's see. Unless Axl knows about it and doens't give a shit (I personally don't believe in it) I hope she doesn't get a dime. Anyway you're right about not bringing more attention to it.

If you owned something that you didn't want anymore, you knew it was worth money, don't act like you'd just throw or give it away. If you would, you'd be dumb.

I guess the lesson is to not give away things that you don't want people seeing.

To sell one or another piece of memorabilia is one thing. To sell personal letters without the other part's knowledge and this person's "ok" is one whole different animal. This is so low.

If you owned something that you didn't want anymore, you knew it was worth money, don't act like you'd just throw or give it away. If you would, you'd be dumb.

I guess the lesson is to not give away things that you don't want people seeing.

To sell one or another piece of memorabilia is one thing. To sell personal letters without the other part's knowledge and this person's "ok" is one whole different animal. This is so low.

So you think she would have got the 'ok?" lol

No way in hell would he have agreed to it. Most likely the no would have been out of spite on a lot of the items.

Karma is a bitch. Or so they say.

So you think she would have got the 'ok?" lol

No way in hell would he have agreed to it. Most likely the no would have been out of spite on a lot of the items.

Karma is a bitch. Or so they say.

If she didn't get the 'ok' (for the letters/video) then she shouldn't be releasing them. No one in complaining about the memorabilia.

One last reminder:

This thread isn't meant for everyone to insult each other events that none of us were present for.

Then maybe the trolls should be banned? Seems simple.

Like why the hell is Nosaj Thing back for example?

There is a place to ask such questions; the Ask Admin thread.

I'm going to close this topic for at least a little while so the mod team can review keeping it open if everyone can stay on topic.

Back open -- guys, rather than picking fights and standing on each side of the fence (ie - pick any thread pro Axl or pro slash etc and fill in exactly which members will pick a fight with each other = boring!) try and debate and discuss you know..... Like adults?

Ta :)

The defense of spousal abuse in this thread is disgusting.

Axl admitted in court that he physically assaulted Erin. What more proof do you need?

She said he did. He said he did. And numerous witnesses have said that they saw Axl become violent with Erin and Stephanie.

Axl paid both of these women a combined 1.4 million dollars to drop their cases against him.

What more evidence do you need?

But as to the actual topic.

The insults thrown out at Erin in this topic are 100 times worse than the things said about Axl. The Axl fanboys need to follow their own advice.

Does anybody know if Axl has been involved at all in Erin's decision to sell these items? Or is everybody just making assumptions that he hasn't?

Is the money going to charity?

If it turns out that Axl said he didn't care if Erin sold the items, and if the money is going to charity............will the Axl fanboys on here come in and apologize for all the hateful and digusting things they have said about Erin?

The court case is not even close to what this topic is about. It'd be great if the top portion of the above post was the last.

As for the second half; no one knows anything and it's all just speculation. I stand by my "Price of Fame" argument though either way.

Back open -- guys, rather than picking fights and standing on each side of the fence (ie - pick any thread pro Axl or pro slash etc and fill in exactly which members will pick a fight with each other = boring!) try and debate and discuss you know..... Like adults?

Ta :)

Thank you sir. It gets a little frustrating to see threads get locked simply because a couple of people start arguing, or a letter of the alphabet starts typing ludicrous gibberish.

Clearly this thread is worthy of discussion, nicely handled.

The defense of spousal abuse in this thread is disgusting.

Axl admitted in court that he physically assaulted Erin. What more proof do you need?

She said he did. He said he did. And numerous witnesses have said that they saw Axl become violent with Erin and Stephanie.

Axl paid both of these women a combined 1.4 million dollars to drop their cases against him.

What more evidence do you need?

But as to the actual topic.

The insults thrown out at Erin in this topic are 100 times worse than the things said about Axl. The Axl fanboys need to follow their own advice.

Does anybody know if Axl has been involved at all in Erin's decision to sell these items? Or is everybody just making assumptions that he hasn't?

Is the money going to charity?

If it turns out that Axl said he didn't care if Erin sold the items, and if the money is going to charity............will the Axl fanboys on here come in and apologize for all the hateful and digusting things they have said about Erin?

Thanks Groghan for pointing out what should be obvious to everyone here. Some of our posters just need any excuse to try to make Axl their BFF. Sorry to crush that dream people, but the GNR camp only needs one Jarmo. :(

• Like 1

You can say what you want about Erin or Axl, but who would seriously buy some of these items, especially the love letters and Childhood photos. Those people would obviously have some issues. Which begs the question, why would you not give Axl back his pictures?

• Like 1