Is "Axl Rose" a character created by Bill Bailey to amuse himself?

ITG

Think about it.

Look at Alice Cooper. He lived Alice Cooper for years but then went back to being Vincent Fournier. Maybe Axl's been trolling people for 30 years for his own entertainment.

Seriously, why would you change your name to the name of your band instead of the other way around? Making people wait for concerts. Outrageous demands. Maybe the audience is there (as Kurt Cobain used to say) to entertain the performer. Could he be trolling people for 25 years?

Think about it.

Look at Alice Cooper. He lived Alice Cooper for years but then went back to being Vincent Fournier. Maybe Axl's been trolling people for 30 years for his own entertainment.

Seriously, why would you change your name to the name of your band instead of the other way around? Making people wait for concerts. Outrageous demands. Maybe the audience is there (as Kurt Cobain used to say) to entertain the performer. Could he be trolling people for 25 years?

Interesting theory actually. Not to derail, but did I miss something about Alice Cooper? Hasn't he always gone by Alice Cooper professionally?

Think about it.

Axl changed his name because he was pissed off that his family lied to him about his true identity. So he went from Bailey to Rose. But being Bill or William still bothers him because his family was crap, including his biological father. And he hated everything about his hometown and the kind of life he had growing up. So yeah, he was once in this band Axl. So he took that name. He wanted a new identity. Kinda like being born again. He was having a new life in L.A.

Think about it.

Oh I see. So because you're mad at him for carrying on with the GnR name, he's now been trolling you for 30 years?

He was never in a band called "Axl Rose." He was in a band called "Axl." Try to brush up on your GnR history.

So let me see if I understand this... because he changed his name, makes people wait for concerts, makes "outrageous demands", he has been trolling people for 25 years? Or is it 30?

Edited by metaforcesaber

The band was Axl. But he didn't know his surname was Rose until his late teens. So that name thing makes sense.

This is from IMDB:

Was born William Bruce Rose, but when his parents split his mother changed his name to William Bruce Bailey, taking his step-father's last name. Axl claims that when he was 17 he learned of his real father and changed it back to William Bruce Rose, but this is disputed. One of Rose's first music managers in L.A. claims that in the early 1980s Rose was still legally William Bailey.

Axel, right? But I don't think he came up with Axl because of that. I mean, that makes sense, but Axl was the band's name. I don't know if he's the one who came up with it, and even if it was, I don't think he had the intention of using it as his name, rather than just as his current band name.

Edited by ManetsBR

You can run from that which is behind you

You can run from that which is beside you

but you can never run from that which is

inside you...just a thought....

akin to you can take the boy out of indiana but you cannot take idiana out of the boy...

Axl was the name of a high school band that Axl was in, Axl was a cool name... Hollywood is fake and full of fake people with fake names...

It serves a purpose and a cause . "Billy" on lead vocals doesnt punch you in the head quite like "Ax"l on lead vocals....

The band was Axl. But he didn't know his surname was Rose until his late teens. So that name thing makes sense.

This is from IMDB:

Was born William Bruce Rose, but when his parents split his mother changed his name to William Bruce Bailey, taking his step-father's last name. Axl claims that when he was 17 he learned of his real father and changed it back to William Bruce Rose, but this is disputed. One of Rose's first music managers in L.A. claims that in the early 1980s Rose was still legally William Bailey.

Yes, he legally changed his name when they signed with Geffen. When they were given their first check he couldn´t cash it because in the check his name was Axl but in his I.D. was William Bailey. He didn´t want to be William Bailey ever gain. I read this Slash or Duff book.