BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Bumble made up with management because he got a bollocking, DJ tweeted "don't bite the hand that feeds" and fans are sick of his pity me approach to then back track, again, the following day. When will this man learn. :no:

Maybe he is trying to get fired/released from contract.

Bumble made up with management because he got a bollocking, DJ tweeted "don't bite the hand that feeds" and fans are sick of his pity me approach to then back track, again, the following day. When will this man learn. :no:

Maybe mate, I think it's a possibility.

I'm more in the camp that he uses fans for sympathy to promote himself as the good guy whilst using the GNR brand image. And you know what, regardless of your views of Axl/Management - Bumble would be driving around NYC right now playing small bars and paying his mortgage like the rest of us if Axl hadn't picked him up, fact. DJ's tweet was perfect, imo.

• Like 1

I'm more in the camp that he uses fans for sympathy to promote himself as the good guy whilst using the GNR brand image. And you know what, regardless of your views of Axl/Management - Bumble would be driving around NYC right now playing small bars and paying his mortgage like the rest of us if Axl hadn't picked him up, fact. DJ's tweet was perfect, imo.

Yup pretty much.

Oh, absolutely. He's used the past year to posture himself as the hero/victim in every interview I can recall. I'm just shocked Axl's letting him get away with it, seeing as he's basically playing the same game Slash did using the media in 95/96 and so on.

Makes you wonder exactly how much Team Brazil shelters him from what's going on...

I think GNR should start looking for guitarist in other places.

Solo guitarist are great, but most of the time are not "band players", they have a more technical approach to composing/playing that is not fitted for every situation.

We just have to look at history, most of these guys just stick around for a couple of years, and then they do what they like, happened with Steve Vai (alcatrazz/white snake/roth), Yngwie Malmsteen (steeler/alcatrazz), Satriani (deep purple), they just feel more comfortable doing their own stuff and actually have better output than in "big bands". Look at chicken foot, it's and OK album, but nothing like a band where the stuff should be "the sum of the pieces is better than the pieces itself".

Axl should look for good guitarist in rock bands that are good composers, not in solo guitarist stuff that can shred the fuck out in the virtual slash competition.

• Like 1

And you know what, regardless of your views of Axl/Management - Bumble would be driving around NYC right now playing small bars and paying his mortgage like the rest of us if Axl hadn't picked him up, fact. DJ's tweet was perfect, imo.

Personally I'd prefer to be driving around NYC playing small bars and paying my mortgage as opposed to the scenario he describes. I don't deny having lots of money is a good thing, but at what cost, really? At least if he were able to work on songs etc with this band, together... but maybe it is time for a new band for our Bumble. I agree he should not moan, and then tow the line over & over. Everything said however, it will take some guts to walk away.

I feel like I'm the only one defending Bumblefoot here. Bumblefoot actually has the guts to speak out about axl. He actually lets the fans know what's going on. Unlike Ashba, Fortus, or whoever else who talk about them recording all kinds of music so they don't lose attention, bumblefoot tells it as it is.

The reality is Axl probably hasn't wrote a damn song in years, and the band hasn't recorded anything new with axl's vocals in quite a while. All bumblefoot leaving is going to do is leave us waiting LONGER for a new album while we're stuck with ASHBA and who knows who on lead guitar. At this point, I don't see any self respecting guitarist joining GnR. If Bumble leaves axl will probably try to get Finck or Bucket back, which I doubt either will do with ZERO signs of new music. We'll be stuck with Ashba as lead and fortus will be in the background or Ashba and Santa Claus or who knows who. Axl is on good terms with Duff and Izzy, I could see him wanting one of them to return if bumble left, but I don't think they would want to without a full on reunion.

I would rather have Finck, Bucket, Bumble, Fortus, and Tobias all be the guitarist than have ashba as lead.

• Like 1