BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Once again, I think Jarmo misses the point.

Bumblefoot's problem isn't that he has to cancel shows/tour/plans because GNR's schedule pre-empts his own. His issue, as I read it, is when he's forced to canceled his own plans for GNR and then have GNR cancel their own plans. Likewise, it must be very difficult to plan his own tour if he can't get any guarantees from GNR's management.

If it were just him having to cancel his plans because GNR were offered an amazing opportunity to play somewhere or a promoter gave them a healthy contract to tour it would be one thing. But I think it goes beyond that.

Jarmo serves this band what purpose again?

Lol not attacking, just jealous I couldn't be a leach to Axl like that.

I think that Ron needs to hang loose. Maybe he doesnt know the history of the band or Axls attitude to recording. Axl it seems to me doesnt just want to crank out music. Each record he said something different. On CD he had the money to really explore each song. CD for me is GNR because its so wound up in what happened in the late 90s. Outside of that its kind of a wilderness. Ron to write 20 instrumentals but Axl still has to find words then might even want to rework the idea to suit the lyrics?

thats why CD II seems to be more likely. Its the same place. A new record about what Axl went through after CD was released with a new style will take years.

Also how much farther can they take the tapestries. SOD just seems like the ultimate, honed, nuanced tapestry.

Maybe Ron could help in that way to be that pyrotechnical. Stuff like Shacklers is a very tight weave.

The eternal GNR question, where do we go now?

It might take a long time but Axl will deliver, Ron just has to chill.

Are the media and everyone really ready for a new GNR album? are they really that desperate or excited?

• Like 1

I am sure in the past Bumbles tours have been cancelled do to GNR with plans to fire back up and then only a few weeks or months later GNR cancels, I would almost bet that GNR managment/Axl have told Bumble it won't happen again when he went to them pissed off. But it is still happening.

We have no clue how many times this has happened.

I really paints Ron in a bad light when he cancels a Bumblefoot tour to work with GNR's during that time and he is shit on by Management or Axl by them cancelling then Ron is left with alot of explaining to do with his promoters, venues and most of all his fans which he really works hard to be accessable to them. Do you think management or Axl is going to step up and say to the people Ron has to answer to and say it was our fault. Not gomg to happen.

I really feel for the guy. He WANTS to be a part of GNR, he also want a small solo side job that he really enjoys.

I no GNR are paying him well, he got so much exposure being in GNR which helped his own fan base to get larger. But at what cost.

I hope he never leaves Guns but I understand if he does.

How really give a rats ass what contract he signed!!!! He should be in the loop about everything GNR related and if GNR can't be more transparent with there plans what do you expect him to do. It's a no brainer leave GNR and have a FUN solo job!!!!

Bumblecunt / Cuntlefoot :lol:

He needs to shutup, because honestly it makes him look very unprofessional. If he wants to leave, then leave. If he's just being an asshole trying to use leverage on TB/Axl then hopefully they don't fall for that shit.

ohh thats the last thing GNR needs is to come off as unproffessional....can you count the ways that GNR epically fails at being "professional" ??? I can think of 5 immediately

• Like 1

Unless those guys are on a monthly retainer..they have no royalties to ride on. More than likely they are paid to play... Its not like they are holed up in a rehearsal hall with baited breath waiting to get the jam on.

How could anyone diss a fella who wants to go earn some cash and tour his music just to keep his chops up? Oh thats right nuGNR fans...these are Axls cabana boys at his beck and call when his muse comes around to visit...that is.

Unless those guys are on a monthly retainer..they have no royalties to ride on. More than likely they are paid to play... Its not like they are holed up in a rehearsal hall with baited breath waiting to get the jam on.

How could anyone diss a fella who wants to go earn some cash and tour his music just to keep his chops up? Oh thats right nuGNR fans...these are Axls cabana boys at his beck and call when his muse comes around to visit...that is.

Nothing wrong with him wanting to earn his cash and tour his music like you said, but that's the issue here - the impression from him is that he's committed to producing and recording and being creative, yet he publicly airs his dissatisfaction with GNR's lack of movement and how it affects his solo activities.. if he's so committed to his music, there's nothing stopping him walking away from GNR.. I appreciate the financial reward being part of the GNR machine, but he needs to stop the contradictions, talking about making a choice for the rest of his life, how difficult it is to plan ahead because of the unreliability with GNR tour commitments, how hard it is for him to gain backing for his solo shows because of his connection to GNR.... yet it's another day, another poster promoting a solo appearance with a big GNR logo to boast.

Edited by rhiad85

Nothing wrong with him wanting to earn his cash and tour his music like you said, but that's the issue here - the impression from him is that he's committed to producing and recording and being creative, yet he publicly airs his dissatisfaction with GNR's lack of movement and how it affects his solo activities.. if he's so committed to his music, there's nothing stopping him walking away from GNR.. I appreciate the financial reward being part of the GNR machine, but he needs to stop the contradictions, talking about making a choice for the rest of his life, how difficult it is to plan ahead because of the unreliability with GNR tour commitments, how hard it is for him to gain backing for his solo shows because of his connection to GNR.... yet it's another day, another poster promoting a solo appearance with a big GNR logo to boast.

Perhaps ...thats a spin on it that every single one of the new guys signed on to ride for the brand GNR for personal gain...imagine that...whoring yourselves out to a job for a paycheck...hmmm unheard of. Oh no theres no selifish personal agenda to want to play in teh vaunted GNR, theres nothing for the ego to be attached to on that job. No way its a spontanious charity driven pursuit for everyone concerned...including Team Brazil.

Its called windows of oppourtunity ..theres not much demand for middle aged rockers to make their bank , particularly in the US..if he was able to go out on a mini solo tour for say a month and pull in 25,000 to 50,000 vs waiting by the phone waiting for his day job to show up and use his services. cool. im all for it... but a musician that is content to jam in his garage and showcase his talent to the mirror is going to get burned out. Goddam in my time I know at least 5 really great and talented guitarists that rock thier basement but dont have the balls to get out there and do shit.

Obviously Axl must have changed his tune because he got his tits in a twist over the old band dedicating themselves to pursuits other than GNR back in the day... and now...it seems to be the reverse is true. What was it he called it "psuedo studio musian work ethic?"

It baffles me why any professional muscian would sacrafice the YEARS off of a vital career to be content to wait around for something to change... it must be a huge paycheck for them. It could be a contract so strong and valid that it makes it almost impossible to walk away. THere is such a contract that makes it close to impossible to walk away from. Either the payoff promise was vast -as in being able to play and utilize creative talents that could be huge..for Thal it would have been the followups to CD supposed trilogy, satisfaction that he was part of the ressurection of the GNR brand that surpassed the originals numbers, a place in history , to work with Axl and a group of highly talented people and yes MOOLAH. So what if he "uses" the association with GNR? Every fucker associated with GNR leverages that name to some strategic advantage in some manner or way. Wearing a GNR t shirt declares that you invested in GNR and thats your brand choice...thats associating with GNR

Edited by rockerman

Ron just said on live radio that management reached out to him and they were "wonderful". He ain't going anywhere :)

Haha fucking brilliant!!

Dear oh dear Ron. Hopefully now some of you will see this for exactly what it is -- that is until next time Ron does his next interview.

Ron just said on live radio that management reached out to him and they were "wonderful". He ain't going anywhere :)

So unless someone starts a rebellion in the media management doesn´t give a fuck. It shouldn´t be that way, specially with band members.

Haha fucking brilliant!!

Dear oh dear Ron. Hopefully now some of you will see this for exactly what it is -- that is until next time Ron does his next interview.

This fucking guy...

Haha fucking brilliant!!

Still though, either Ron's an asshole and playing sad games, Team Brazil are (incompetent) assholes playing sad games or all of them are assholes playing sad games. In all of those cases, GnR fans lose. :( None of those options would make anybody feel any better about Guns n' Roses. Edited by username

Haha fucking brilliant!!

Still though, either Ron's an asshole and playing sad games, Team Brazil are (incompetent) assholes playing sad games or all of them are assholes playing sad games. In all of those cases, GnR fans lose. :( None of those options would make anybody feel any better about Guns n' Roses.

You're not wrong. :shrugs:

Haha fucking brilliant!!

Still though, either Ron's an asshole and playing sad games, Team Brazil are (incompetent) assholes playing sad games or all of them are assholes playing sad games. In all of those cases, GnR fans lose. :( None of those options would make anybody feel any better about Guns n' Roses.

Agreed guys. It sucks!

Saw through it as we've seen it too many times.

Haha fucking brilliant!!

Agreed guys. It sucks!

Saw through it as we've seen it too many times.

Yup. But it's just a bummer. It's not exactly the greatest time to be a GnR fan. They were touring but Axl's voice was hit and miss. They have a management team but they're horribly incompetent. They have a stable band but no music is being released. There's no information other than mixed messages from bandmembers who obviously don't know anything. DJ Ashba is in the band. And then, on top of all they frustration that they SHOULD be able to operate as a normal band now, we all get drama like this instead of a record. In a way it seems like they've fixed a lot of the things that didn't work pre-CD and they got the album off their chest. Yet the result is the same. A big fat load of nothing.
  • Like 1

Haha fucking brilliant!!

That's the game

Sad sad game

Mad game

Sad game