BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Guest cbgnr666

He's been pretty unhappy the whole time he's been in the band I think based on his various posts and interviews.Some happy days,but alot of unhappy days.

Edited by cbgnr666

Cool article.

On Ron's comment about people living hand to mouth, not wanting the shows to start 3 hours late...I've got to say, seems like he's saying in a world where people aren't so stressed and stretched, he's ok with a little chaos at a rock show...I would say, why treat people differently because of an unfortunate situation, let people escape to that world where that shit doesn't matter, it's a rock n fn roll show :-) reality is that shit might matter, but how about letting the 'show' just happen like a rock n roll show should.

If people stop going because of it, they stop going....and then rock n roll will truly be dead.

What a load of utter garbage. How 'rock n roll' would it be to miss work the next day and get fired because Axl can't get up on stage on time.

Working in an office isn't very rock n roll. Neither is getting the bus home or paying a babysitter. It's called normal life, and the people who lead it (us) have spent our very un-rock n roll salaries on the albums that put Axl in that big house on the hill.

I don't recall anyone turning down my cash because it wasn't cool enough. Get fucked.

• Like 1

I had a feeling that the next time GNR went on tour some members would be changed.

All the current members seem to be in other bands or working with other musicians and the original lineup never did that. They were GNR 100%. It doesn't seem this way with this current lineup and that's sad.

I guess Axl would have the last say, but honestly, I would hope he would want to keep the current lineup. Seeing them 3 times I saw the fun all the guys were having and they played well together. It would suck to have to see new members now.

You know what's funny, is I've seen interviews with Bumble and DJ and they praise working with Axl and being in GNR, so what's the real story?

If they are just musicians that Axl works with, then yeah, can't blame them for leaving or doing something else, but then Axl should just say he's a solo act or call the band Axl Rose's GNR. That' might make us understand that it is just a back up band and Axl is GNR.

Maybe Axl doesn't want GNR to be like it was with the original members. Maybe he's been there and done that and doesn't want to get close to his band members anymore?

DJ is the one who is always saying how close he and Axl are, but I never hear Axl stating it about him or anyone else in the band.

Guess again time will tell.

I'm going to bookmark this thread and bring it up every time someone dares to argue GnR isn't a bunch of hired hands.Yeah people, a real band of brothers right here! Conquering the world on their own terms!

Dude, cut it out!

I'm sure Robert Trujillo has to wait weeks to hear back from James's maid for Metallica updates all the time. This is a perfectly normal occurrence throughout the industry. Rest assured.

To me it's really odd that people are blaming Ron for this.

It's not like this is the first example of miscommunication in GNR. Remember when Axl didn't know they booked a tour? Just how many people have left the band? For how many years was Axl a recluse from his own friends? Notice how Duff didn't get wet when he walked in on "Axl's shower" in london? How Axl wasn't told about his trunk tv interview until just before?

This sort of thing has been going on since the end of the UYI tour. Since Beta took control of handling Axl's personal affairs - only the messages that are chosen to go to Axl go to Axl. Not sure why beta does this - some would say for her own interests - others would say it's for Axl - to protect him from getting upset with the day to day bullshit in the music business. I wouldn't know which. In recent years TB have taken over management of the band - but really they've been managing Axl for decades.

All I'm saying is there's dozens of miscommunication issues associated with almost every member who has left the band previously. It's not like ron is the first person to experience this sort of thing.

• Like 2

I just tweeted Bumblefoot asking if he's heard back from Team Brazil yet in regard to his ultimatum.

whats your twitter name? Can't find it

Don't worry. If he responds, I'll let everyone know.

What u say?

I just sent him well wishes on behalf of the fanbase. Nothing that you should feel compelled to protect him from.

I just tweeted Bumblefoot asking if he's heard back from Team Brazil yet in regard to his ultimatum.

What u say?

I just sent him well wishes on behalf of the fanbase. Nothing that you should feel compelled to protect him from.

No need to protect him but you don't speak for the fan base,

BBA's well wishes:

@BBA_GNR: @bumblefoot Any luck on hearing back from TB yet in regard to your ultimatum? "If it's GNR or my life, I'm leaving". The fans vote leave!

• Like 3

It's not like this is the first example of miscommunication in GNR. Remember when Axl didn't know they booked a tour? Just how many people have left the band? For how many years was Axl a recluse from his own friends? Notice how Duff didn't get wet when he walked in on "Axl's shower" in london? How Axl wasn't told about his trunk tv interview until just before?

This sort of thing has been going on since the end of the UYI tour. Since Beta took control of handling Axl's personal affairs - only the messages that are chosen to go to Axl go to Axl. Not sure why beta does this - some would say for her own interests - others would say it's for Axl - to protect him from getting upset with the day to day bullshit in the music business. I wouldn't know which. In recent years TB have taken over management of the band - but really they've been managing Axl for decades.

All I'm saying is there's dozens of miscommunication issues associated with almost every member who has left the band previously. It's not like ron is the first person to experience this sort of thing.

I think people are more concerned with Ron trying to manipulate our perception of things by venting to the media & knowing the effect it'll have.

That shower comment is creeping me out a little. Why would duff get in the shower with Axl?? You know someone can be taking a shower and you don't have to physically check by getting in there with them, right? What goes on in your house??

I think people are more concerned with Ron trying to manipulate our perception of things by venting to the media & knowing the effect it'll have.

That shower comment is creeping me out a little. Why would duff get in the shower with Axl?? You know someone can be taking a shower and you don't have to physically check by getting in there with them, right? What goes on in your house??

I guess my point is I don't believe Ron is manipulating our perception of anything considering the types of things he appears to be upset about also seem to have occurred to dozens of people associated with Axl.

It's hard to believe it is Ron when it's happened over and over.

As for Duff and the shower. Duff told a story of when he reconnected with Axl in london a few years back. I don't have it handy but to paraphrase. He went into Axl' s suite to say hello. Beta tried to block him and told him that Axl was unavailable because he has in the shower. Duff simply responded "It's ok, I've seen him naked before" and barged right in. Guess what? Axl wasn't nude or in the shower.

It's a little story. But when you consider that almost all of Axl's communications are run through Beta as that filter you wonder the degree to which she is involved in miscommunication. Very often Axl seems to say he has unaware of something to the last minute or he gives reasons he believes people did things that are entirely different to what they seem to say. I don't think it's a coincidence.

What u say?

No need to protect him but you don't speak for the fan base,

I don't have to speak for the fanbase. If you take the majority's responses in this thread, the majority of the fanbase did, in fact, vote that they'd prefer that he leave as opposed to stay.

I can forward him a link to this thread topic with the responses if it would help prove to him that what I said is true.

It's so noble how you feel compelled to protect a group of musicians that think of you as nothing more than an overly crazed fan who won't leave them alone.

Edited by Kush