BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Axl is a true artist. A not very productive one, though, but that's not uncommon. I would rather he wasn't very productive than he released crap albums.

Wonder how this will play out. Can't say I don't understand Bumbles, though. Hope things turn out good for him.

But he did release a crap album.. so a big loogy right between your eyes dripping down across your nose and over your lips for even suggesting that Axl is a true "artist." He used to be a recording artist ..he used to be a going phenomenon... but lately hes kind of another has been nobody just playing at that dude that shredded the scene back in the day...

hes only as good as his last game and the last game I saw him do was pretend it was 1987- 1992...with a few "new songs thrown in for kicks and giggles.

just giggin you Soul Monster about the loogy...

Edited by rockerman

Very few people seem to be taking bumble's story at face value.

He has a history of blowing steam occasionally and being a bit of a drama queen,

Axl is a true artist. A not very productive one, though, but that's not uncommon. I would rather he wasn't very productive than he released crap albums.

Wonder how this will play out. Can't say I don't understand Bumbles, though. Hope things turn out good for him.

But he did release a crap album.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it isn't art.

Good point.

Duff blamed the managers and hangers-on for being the source of much of the conflict between the members of guns back in the day. And I think we can see how the 'holding the name to ransom' story leaves a huge question mark over goldstein's role, particularly as he was one of the few people with direct access to Axl and was effectively speaking on his behalf.

I wonder how much the middle men have a role to play here. Or - key question - what there is to gain from withholding this sort of info from Axl.

• Like 1

Can we just agree about two things for once,

- Ron is the only person in this absurd band to act like an independent human being and not a Stepford Wife; he is consequentially the only one whose views are similar to the fans and should be applauded in this aspect.

- Ron does do these types of, disgruntled musician, border-on-line quitting, interviews periodically yet always remains, a member of nugnr. We have to accept them in a, 'boy crying wolf' manner. It can presumably only be money why he remains and it therefore does not put him in the best light.

Personally I feel Ron is quite canny about these things, i.e. he knows what he is doing and how these comments will send the forums into spasms. I am starting to wonder if he is, playing a hand here, in relation to his war with Team Brazil. I also feel it would be better for both parties if he quit the band.

Edited by DieselDaisy

If #1 is true, don't you think it'd be better for us if he stayed in the band and kept representing the fans?

No because it is interfering with his solo career (and by extension, his personal life), and, it is not Ron's role in the band to be 'designated fan friendly bandmember'. I would never ask anyone to remain in an unhappy band just for the sake of voicing their grievances to the fans.

It seems to me to be an unworkable situation. Still, he always clings on there like a limpet so the money must be tremendous.

If #1 is true, don't you think it'd be better for us if he stayed in the band and kept representing the fans?

Ron quitting is only good for him if everyone just keeps on losing from here unto eternity. Best case scenario is of course Ron actually pushing through some new music for us.

I'd think it's not just the money he's staying for, but the potential; the potential to write music for Guns N' Roses. He expresses his frustration because he's never getting to fulfill that potential.

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1

In all honesty, I'm trying to be somewhat unbiased because I think Ron Thal is phoney, insincere, and his music sucks. But GNR management are uneducated assholes too, and I'm sure it's no picnic being associated with Axl or any of his people outside the paycheck it provides.

Keep in mind, BBF joined a band that he was never a fan of. Did so to gain exposure for himself. Is aware that he wasn't Axl's first choice for a guitar player - and probably knows damn well that Axl likes him as little as he likes Axl. So sue me, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for a man that put this supposed successful solo career on the back-burner so he could cover Slash's licks in a GNR tribute band for the past 7+ years.

I have heard several people, who are familiar with Thal, state that this guy isn't exactly how he comes off to the fanbase (Poor Mr. Nice Guy who loves the fans). We've personally got to watch him flip shit at fans who called him out for being in the band for the exact reasons that he really is ($$). Let's also not forget how he's insulted our intelligence more than once by coming here to play damage control. "I was just teasing him, guys." Yeah, dude. Sure you were.

Plus, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way how Ron implied that GNR is holding him back. Now, he may have had opportunities to do some small club tours, but nothing that was as lucrative financially as playing in GNR. Plus, no one is breaking his arm to stay. If he's got these gigs booked and Axl decides to perform another SA nostalgia tour, is it Axl's fault that BBF is willing to drop this amazing solo venture of his to run off with Axl and cover Slash''s licks every time? C'mon ..

THANK YOU

Yes, TB and Axl are awful at running a rock band, but Ron is so full of shit it isn't even funny. Deep down, I'm sure he really just wants to play guitar in a popular rock band that is also somewhat active, and who can blame him? But this repetitive outspokeness and empty "I mean business" shit is beyond old. If this guy has any of the integrity he wants us to believe he has he would have left this band and continued on his own years ago.

But its a tough paycheck to walk away from, and for all of his complaining and shit stirring the money is more important. So he'll keep playing the victim for us and the cycle continues, where will it end?

• Like 1

Perhaps Ron isn't being informed of plans because Axl wants those plans kept super quiet until they're finalised.

Also a bit gutted that whatever was planed for January and February has been canned.

Perhaps there's more to the new album rumours than we think...

Richard Fortus : yeah GnR was supposed to tour but we had booked the Dead Daisies tour before so they couldn't go without me. They had to reschedule.

Ron : I booked a tour, then had to cancel it because of GnR who ended up cancelling anyway because of the Dead Daisies. Then had managed, not without trouble, to book a tour again and now GnR is about to tour again right in the middle of my tour ? WTF ??

What a mess....

Oh and it looks like Richard is way more valued than Ron is.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Ron Ron Ron *shakes head* -- mind it's been a few weeks since he had a bit of attention. No offence hardly anyone had even heard of him until Axl asked him to join GNR, I suspect his life is significantly better as a consequence aswell. He plays the media BIG TIME (re sympathy) and I'm amazed half of you just don't see it. To be honest, every time he opens his mouth I loose a little bit more respect for him.Walk the walk bumble! I mean if it's a bad and frustrating as you describe it and have done for several months and years. Leave! Take the GNR logo off your tour posters and advertising and rock the world as a solo artist. No? No, didn't think so.

The guy scheduled his own tour. Then he is told by management to cancelled because GN´R had plans for December and January. Then he is told those plans are cancelled. Well that´s Axl being Axl. And Ron just got fed up and pissed off. And he should be. This is not the way the band should run business. Today is a yes, tomorrow is a no WTF??? Ron made it public. He is not a happy camper maybe he never really was. He was in for the money. All the hired guys are there for the money and their own publicity.
Oh please!Ron manipulates the press big time and honestly at the moment, I'd be hard pressed finding anything he says as completely accurate but hey, that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled I theirs no problem :)Like I said, if he's that frustrated and fed but he's more than able to walk away. Take the GNR logo off all his advertising -- "2014 hot source bumble foot tour" I'm sure it would be a box office hit world wide.
I don´t deny he is using the media. But he has to do it because he can´t get a quick and straight answer from the management. If he is asking for an answer they should give it to him. Otherwise it looks they don´t respect the guy and they don´t give a fuck about him. If he feels that way then he has to call their attention. Personally I´m a fan of the old band. So I don´t care if Ron stays or not. But it seems Axl doesn´t care either about the band he fought so hard to build. Axl is the one with the problem here
Says who? You!?Just because it's printed or Ron said it doesn't mean its accurate -- honestly, I think he manipulates the GNR name massively. Like I keep saying; if he's that fucked off then leave but no, we get interview after interview after interview about how poor and frustrating it is to be in the band. It's like a co worker at work going on and on and on and on and you think 'Jesus, either say something and find a new job and stop with all the talk'
oh please!It's obvious that he wants some song credits on the next album, so he will wait till the next album...btw if the reporters asked him about this type of questions at least he STILL answers what's on his mind...besides this i can agree with you that he should stop using GNR to promote his stuffI just find it hilarious like you reacted like an Axl nutswinger this time, lol

Axl nut swinger? Great retort, you got me!

Looks like you've completely missed my point, congrats.

As one of the few remaining things I still find interesting about this band... I'd be devastated to see Ron go.

He shoots straighter than a lot of people here give him credit for - I don't see him 'manipulating' the media, I see him telling it like it is. :shrugs:

He's using the media to manipulate the fans and get more money and other perks out of his involvement with GNR. I can't believe you don't see it. We're talking about a guy who uses his association with GNR as a means to hawk hot sauce.

Spot on Randy!

Notice how the interviewer didn't even fucking ask "What's up with Guns?"

BBF just goes off on this unsolicited rant: "I'm saying it here first, folks" as if the world gives a shit.

He won't leave GNR. He's just talking shit, blowing off steam, whatever. He'll never get to play to 1/2 the people or make 1/2 the money outside of Guns. It's one thing to be served a shit sandwich, but another to order one and then complain.

100% agreed.

Richard Fortus : yeah GnR was supposed to tour but we had booked the Dead Daisies tour before so they couldn't go without me. They had to reschedule.

Ron : I booked a tour, then had to cancel it because of GnR who ended up cancelling anyway because of the Dead Daisies. Then had managed, not without trouble, to book a tour again and now GnR is about to tour again right in the middle of my tour ? WTF ??

What a mess....

Oh and it looks like Richard is way more valued than Ron is.

It looks like that for Richard The Dead Daisies are more important than GN´R. And it looks like that Axl just found a great excuse to do nothing.

It looks like that for Richard The Dead Daisies are more important than GN´R. And it looks like that Axl just found a great excuse to do nothing.

And rightfully so. As an artist and a muscian I would think having the oportunity to do something new and creative would trump playing other people's music nonstop.

I have heard several people, who are familiar with Thal, state that this guy isn't exactly how he comes off to the fanbase (Poor Mr. Nice Guy who loves the fans). We've personally got to watch him flip shit at fans who called him out for being in the band for the exact reasons that he really is ($$). Let's also not forget how he's insulted our intelligence more than once by coming here to play damage control. "I was just teasing him, guys." Yeah, dude. Sure you were.

Really? Do you look and not at people who attack you personally just because they're in a forum of a band you're in? You're an hypocrite. Axl attacked some fans personally. Oh, he's so evil, he should be so thankful to the fans who gave him everything... he's a bad, bad man. Hypocrite. That's what you are - hypocrite. Reach any human being acting aggressively and expect the same from the person. Reach the same people like another normal human being and he'll be nice to you.

Oh, you are a fucking liar too. I got to know *MANY* people that know Ron personally and *MANY* people that got to know his friends and people that are familiar to him. No-fucking-body - other than one or two fake GnR-MSL-wannabe insiders - ever said a bad word about him - and you gotta admire people that spend so much time creating fake backgrounds (like if Ron didn't like Guns, as if they were his personal friends before) and fantasies about people they don't like - mind you, these same people stalk and even attack even his family members just because he replaced a guitarist that left almost 20 years ago. These are insane people, just like you trying to play the 'I know people familiar to him' role. I am calling you out as it is - you're a liar, just like your allegedly friends.

To all of you - feel free to PM him or whoever you'd like and tell anyone I said this.

Oh, and I really hope he leaves Guns. Too much retards that will never let it go, that will never walk past a lineup change even if the very people involved already moved on. If at least Axl and his management were productive he'd have a reason to stay, but no, not even that.