BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

A few things reading only the OP and none of the other comments in this thread:

Just days ago, I made a post saying "mark my words. BBF will leave and he'll make a spectacle of it". Funny how it's only days later ...

He can go, imo. 99% won't care less. With that said, I think his criticisms are very valid. It's obvious he hates being in the band. He's said plenty in the past year or so. He got the notoriety that he was looking for by joining GNR because his own material didn't appeal to enough for him to find his own notable success. I hope this isn't just more of his idle threats and continuous complaints, but he does nothing about. It will only make him look more of a spineless attention seeker.

Also, I found it mildly amusing how he compared the quantity of his own material to Guns. Unfortunately for him, it's about quality for most.

Not sure but I don't recall Ron saying he can't get a response for weeks before?

Re-read the interview:

-Asked if there are any plans for GUNS N' ROSES to do anything in the near future, Thal said: "Good question. I've been asking them about plans for a couple of weeks now; I'm waiting for answers. I don't know. I'm guessing If I had to guess, I would think that next year we're gonna do something. But I haven't had any response to my communication, so I don't know."

Does that answer your question gunsguy? Management for "Guns N' Roses", isn't communicating with their lead guitar player. Who has a solo career of his own, regardless of success.

Edited by ARBeast

Not sure but I don't recall Ron saying he can't get a response for weeks before?

Re-read the interview:

-Asked if there are any plans for GUNS N' ROSES to do anything in the near future, Thal said: "Good question. I've been asking them about plans for a couple of weeks now; I'm waiting for answers. I don't know. I'm guessing If I had to guess, I would think that next year we're gonna do something. But I haven't had any response to my communication, so I don't know."

Does that answer your question gunsguy? Management for "Guns N' Roses", isn't communicating with their lead guitar player. Who has a solo career of his own, regardless of success.

I meant before today I don't recall him ever saying that BEFORE. He has said things before but I have never heard him say that he cant get a response for weeks.

They're probably trying to drive him out anyways.

If he wrote any songs and sent them to Axl as potential Nu Guns material, I could strongly see this being the case.

It's almost like Gilby's situation, "I knew I was out when the paychecks stopped". BBF: "I knew it was over when they wouldn't return my calls.

Edited by Kush

Re-read the interview:

I meant before today I don't recall him ever saying that BEFORE. He has said things before but I have never heard him say that he cant get a response for weeks.

Oh well you could have mentioned "previous interviews" instead of "before"...But thank you, I apologize. I'm a fucking worthless little dumbass who doesn't deserve to be posting, sorry.

Re-read the interview:

tweet him up, didn't he wish you a happy birthday? find out what's the deal. maybe you can get an exclusive interview?

Re-read the interview:

Oh well you could have mentioned "previous interviews" instead of "before"...But thank you, I apologize. I'm a fucking worthless little dumbass who doesn't deserve to be posting, sorry.

um ok, no one said that?! my bad should a worded it better

As one of the few remaining things I still find interesting about this band... I'd be devastated to see Ron go.

He shoots straighter than a lot of people here give him credit for - I don't see him 'manipulating' the media, I see him telling it like it is. :shrugs:

Telling it like it is is one thing, and that's great, I believe everything he's saying and I don't doubt him one bit, but I don't think he's handling this very well at all. In my experience playing in bands, if theres a problem and I'm unhappy, I'll discuss it with my band mates in private and go from there, if I think about leaving the band I tell them before anybody else and go quietly with no fuss. NEVER would I blab about it in public to other people, no matter how shitty it is, especially if I'm still a part of the band and I have any desire to make things work. Not only is it extremely unprofessional, its poor character and it's childish. Obviously I'm nowhere close to the level Ron and GNR are at but I think the same principles apply. It's not like he's accomplishing anything, he's not telling us anything we don't already know, he's just exhibiting his shitty attitude and further perpetuating the negative image of his band, if he really cares about the band being successful it is not something he should be doing.

I hate the way the band is managed, it really has become a joke, but Ron is not helping matters here, I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.

I think BBF is trying to stir shit up to gain some visibility. He wants his departure to be noted. That will bring more media interest than if he were to release 'Abnormal 2'.

I don't deny that GNR's management are total uneducated morons who are not competent to hold the positions that they do. It's pure shitty of them to not respond to the band's 13th lead guitarist. With that said, I do see BBF trying to capitalize on this opportunity by being this straight shooter that he is. Not gonna lie, it would be cool if he was the first employee to do kind of a "tell-all", though.

I'm sure the guy can tell some "GNR" stories that would paint this band in an even uglier light that it already is. And I can see him being just the guy to "tell it like it is" for the right publishing deal. The book could be called 'Abnormal, but Not A Complete Moron.

Edited by Kush

I usually don't post in these kind of topics because so many "seem" to get so defensive sometimes...but something about this particular BBF topic has a sour taste about it...however he did say it would get worked out...what that means still remains up in the air though?

The band really should release a new song on iTunes, like a new cover or something just to test the current market, Like the neil young cover or the acdc cover

You hear so many people say they don't buy music anymore, we'll that is pure bullshit.

Not everyone is wearing a black patch over one eye.

Many still buy music (on iTunes) for the quality and the accessibility.

Alright, go ahead and lambast me......now, go.

I don't get people saying that he's doing this for attention or for sympathy etc...

He's not Slash leaving in 1996 to the dismay of the public. He's a replacement of a replacement of a replacement and I doubt he gets so much as a second glance from most people in the general public after they read an article like this. The only people giving him attention are those of us on the forums so I highly doubt he has an "ulterior motives" in doing interviews like this. I think he is just telling it like it is.

• Like 1

Ill give it to Axl...hes briliant..Write a half a dozen songs that make the top 20...hit it hard while your still young... and then coast along for the rest of your life on those songs. Use your people like they were toys...

i want to Spit in the face of the next fucker that says "oh Axls a true artist" he has his hired hands.. uses them like pool boys and gardeners..sells you all the idea that GNR is still around, alive and relevant and you lick it up like its wet pussy!

is there really any excuse why there isnt 5 albums out by now? is there really any excuse why there isnt more GNR than ever was???

If Ron cant get a hold of the big plan its probably because dysfunctional has no plan. And all you Slash haters should change your tune.. because this is WHY the others decided to go their seperate ways... its called Axls Work Ethic or the lack there of.

• Like 4

Ill give it to Axl...hes briliant..Write a half a dozen songs that make the top 20...hit it hard while your still young... and then coast along for the rest of your life on those songs. Use your people like they were toys...

i want to Spit in the face of the next fucker that says "oh Axls a true artist" he has his hired hands.. uses them like pool boys and gardeners..sells you all the idea that GNR is still around, alive and relevant and you lick it up like its wet pussy!

is there really any excuse why there isnt 5 albums out by now? is there really any excuse why there isnt more GNR than ever was???

If Ron cant get a hold of the big plan its probably because dysfunctional has no plan. And all you Slash haters should change your tune.. because this is WHY the others decided to go their seperate ways... its called Axls Work Ethic or the lack there of.

I guess that's Buckethead and Slash quit, because they are artists, that like creating new material and performing it live. Axl on the other hand, it's all ego trip, and reality is, he seems to struggle living up to his past and hasn't penned a hit in years. Didn't Izzy pen the hits anyway?

Take a look at HTDGTH, they may as well call that place the Dead Zone..

Edited by vaida

Notice how the interviewer didn't even fucking ask "What's up with Guns?"

BBF just goes off on this unsolicited rant: "I'm saying it here first, folks" as if the world gives a shit.

He won't leave GNR. He's just talking shit, blowing off steam, whatever. He'll never get to play to 1/2 the people or make 1/2 the money outside of Guns. It's one thing to be served a shit sandwich, but another to order one and then complain.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I'm trying to be somewhat unbiased because I think Ron Thal is phoney, insincere, and his music sucks. But GNR management are uneducated assholes too, and I'm sure it's no picnic being associated with Axl or any of his people outside the paycheck it provides.

Keep in mind, BBF joined a band that he was never a fan of. Did so to gain exposure for himself. Is aware that he wasn't Axl's first choice for a guitar player - and probably knows damn well that Axl likes him as little as he likes Axl. So sue me, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for a man that put this supposed successful solo career on the back-burner so he could cover Slash's licks in a GNR tribute band for the past 7+ years.

I have heard several people, who are familiar with Thal, state that this guy isn't exactly how he comes off to the fanbase (Poor Mr. Nice Guy who loves the fans). We've personally got to watch him flip shit at fans who called him out for being in the band for the exact reasons that he really is ($$). Let's also not forget how he's insulted our intelligence more than once by coming here to play damage control. "I was just teasing him, guys." Yeah, dude. Sure you were.

Plus, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way how Ron implied that GNR is holding him back. Now, he may have had opportunities to do some small club tours, but nothing that was as lucrative financially as playing in GNR. Plus, no one is breaking his arm to stay. If he's got these gigs booked and Axl decides to perform another SA nostalgia tour, is it Axl's fault that BBF is willing to drop this amazing solo venture of his to run off with Axl and cover Slash''s licks every time? C'mon ..

• Like 1