BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

As one of the few remaining things I still find interesting about this band... I'd be devastated to see Ron go.

He shoots straighter than a lot of people here give him credit for - I don't see him 'manipulating' the media, I see him telling it like it is. :shrugs:

Telling it like it is is one thing, and that's great, I believe everything he's saying and I don't doubt him one bit, but I don't think he's handling this very well at all. In my experience playing in bands, if theres a problem and I'm unhappy, I'll discuss it with my band mates in private and go from there, if I think about leaving the band I tell them before anybody else and go quietly with no fuss. NEVER would I blab about it in public to other people, no matter how shitty it is, especially if I'm still a part of the band and I have any desire to make things work. Not only is it extremely unprofessional, its poor character and it's childish. Obviously I'm nowhere close to the level Ron and GNR are at but I think the same principles apply. It's not like he's accomplishing anything, he's not telling us anything we don't already know, he's just exhibiting his shitty attitude and further perpetuating the negative image of his band, if he really cares about the band being successful it is not something he should be doing.

I hate the way the band is managed, it really has become a joke, but Ron is not helping matters here, I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.

Edited by sweetness

As one of the few remaining things I still find interesting about this band... I'd be devastated to see Ron go.

He shoots straighter than a lot of people here give him credit for - I don't see him 'manipulating' the media, I see him telling it like it is. :shrugs:

He's using the media to manipulate the fans and get more money and other perks out of his involvement with GNR. I can't believe you don't see it. We're talking about a guy who uses his association with GNR as a means to hawk hot sauce.

Edited by Randy Lahey
  • Like 1

Ron has got some great points the planning is terrible and slow

While we sit here waiting for the DVD/bluray, Topps Cards and the new album that may never see the light of day

Imagine planning your life around GNR when you don't even know GNR's plans

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Ron is a great dude. I'd be bummed to see him go, but there's always solo tours and Blowout NYC I guess.

If you think about it from Bumble's perspective it's an impossible situation.

On one hand - in theory getting into a famous band like GNR is an incredible opportunity of a lifetime - he's played bigger shows, and got a ton of exposure and so on - it would be madness to throw that away.

On the other hand - we all know things don't go as they should in GNR land. In his time in the band Ron has apparently experienced bullying, a seven year wait to write songs with the band, what seemed like a fairly in compassionate response from management to him sustaining a debilitating and life changing injury, and now it seems management's actions are causing him to have to damage his own professional reputation and they don't even have the courtesy to communicate with him when he reaches out.

I know people are saying he shouldn't go public with this stuff, but really, the insanity is that the management structure is so bad that a lead guitarist would need to go to the press to get some kind of response from management. I think Ron is amazingly talented, but his solo career was relatively modest prior to GNR simply due to virtuoso guitar skills being somewhat of a niche market - that he would be put in a situation where it seemed the most sensible thing to do to protect his personal reputation would be to return to that and leave the world of GNR fame behind says volumes about exactly how poorly this organisation is run.

Ask any up and coming want to be musician if they would quit a famous band - that it's becoming a legitimate choice for Ron says more about the band than it does about Ron.

This. Seriously, it's his life, not ours. If he feels he needs to call Team Brazil out publicly, as they're apparently unresponsvise to his efforts to contact them personally, it's honestly his prerogative. All he's trying to do is figure out if he can move on with his life (or not). The way this shit show has been running since Axl allowed Beta & her children to worm their way into the "management" position, who could blame him? Certainly not me.

Telling it like it is is one thing, and that's great, I believe everything he's saying and I don't doubt him one bit, but I don't think he's handling this very well at all. In my experience playing in bands, if theres a problem and I'm unhappy, I'll discuss it with my band mates in private and go from there, if I think about leaving the band I tell them before anybody else and go quietly with no fuss. NEVER would I blab about it in public to other people, no matter how shitty it is, especially if I'm still a part of the band and I have any desire to make things work. Not only is it extremely unprofessional, its poor character and it's childish. Obviously I'm nowhere close to the level Ron and GNR are at but I think the same principles apply. It's not like he's accomplishing anything, he's not telling us anything we don't already know, he's just exhibiting his shitty attitude and further perpetuating the negative image of his band, if he really cares about the band being successful it is not something he should be doing.

I hate the way the band is managed, it really has become a joke, but Ron is not helping matters here, I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.

I agree the management of GnR is a joke, but I think it's good he speaks out against them.... They're incompetent and inexperienced. Beta is a house keeper with no experience.

Would you want someone with no experience Flying a plane? Driving a fully loaded Mack Truck? Managing your finances?

Regardless of how gnr is being run today, this is ALL his fault.. if he's truly left feeling screwed over with having to cancel solo shows, putting his solo life on hold and waiting on recording a new gnr album then he has nobody but himself to blame.. he's had seven years to sort his situation out, it's obvious and understandable.. if he's so frustrated by gnr management, and how it's run then he could easily leave.. i think he probably has a love/hate situation with the money he gets from gnr though..

The most hilarious part of all this is the people saying Ron should quit and focus on his solo career. He makes far more as Axl's employee than he ever did or ever will as BBF the solo guitarist.

No, but he's being honest. You wanna hate on the guy for telling it like it is? I understand some feel he should keep it in house and not go public, but he said himself he's contacted management and they won't respond. Clearly he doesn't even have Axl's number, or he texted/called and Axl won't respond.

He could make more of a name by sticking with guns, sure, but what if they never release anything again? That'll still be worse? Nothing personal, but then we're gonna read posters like randy lahey bitch and moan that he's a sellout and in it for the money/paycheck and ruining slash's legacy etc. All bullshit.

I'm still confused why he just doesn't go straight to Axl with his problem.

LOL. I believe he's tried. He went to team brazil and you clearly have to go through them to get to axl. Ask Slash. They're not responding. IDK, honestly, what would you do if you were in his shoes?

Regardless of how gnr is being run today, this is ALL his fault.. if he's truly left feeling screwed over with having to cancel solo shows, putting his solo life on hold and waiting on recording a new gnr album then he has nobody but himself to blame.. he's had seven years to sort his situation out, it's obvious and understandable.. if he's so frustrated by gnr management, and how it's run then he could easily leave.. i think he probably has a love/hate situation with the money he gets from gnr though..

Im sure anyone would feel the same way. He's in one of the biggest bands of history. He knows Axl has a huge name, he knows axl has a good lineup now, he knows a new record could make them all crap loads of money, and he knows that nothing is going to happen and that pisses him off. Axl has a great lineup of musicians, the most stable lineup he has had in years, and yet he refuses to release anything. Bumblefoot knows the band is sitting on a money pool, and only axl has the key but refuses to use it.

Ron has been saying the same thing for years now.

I get the impression that Ron wants GNR to succeed and that he wants to be a part of it in terms of releasing new material and doing new and fresh stuff. Maybe that hope is what stops him from actually following through on these threats?

It would take some real balls to walk out on this band because it is essentially a paycheck for playing the same songs and not doing much else. But as a person who I feel wants to be a part of ongoing creative projects he is probably waaaayy unsatisfied. Like he said, when he actually does do shows that feature new and creative stuff he is involved with GNR always ends up being a conflict of schedules

So it is a matter of staying onboard for money and the potential of releasing new material in the next decade vs. going out and doing your own thing. I don't blame him for trying to stick it out although nowadays it looks like it was all for nothing

Edited by WhazUp