Manets Interviews Gilby Clarke

ManetsBR

Good interview! The last question IMO was the best. Asking about Axl's relationship w/ Gilby and how it all went about with those two sharing a stage in 2000.

It's something that has been discussed time and time again on this forum and never got answered.

Nice job, Manets!!!

very good interview, good questions, well done guys

I always thought Gilby and Axl were (are?) on good terms

but what about Duff - how could he write an autobiography (by himself, not have sb write for him, like Slash for example) when everybody who was nearby at that time confirms how fucked up he was and how Duff can't remember shit now...hmmm...

Edited by Liquor & Whores

"It's his band, he's free to do what he wants"

+1 for Gilby

"If it was an Axl Rose album, it would be a great Fucking album. As a Guns N' Roses record, it's a good album"

He basically said, again, that Axl shouldn't call his band "Guns N' Roses". Sure he admitted he's welcome to do what he wants with it, but that's legally decided and Axl is legally allowed to do what he wants with it.I mean, what do you think he means by saying "well it's a great album, but it's worse because it's called GNR instead of a solo album". So the material itself isn't being judged, or is it?

It doesn't make it right, and it sure as hell doesn't make it ok. And it doesn't mean anyone has to agree with it, since apparently those who are sane don't seem to.

Edited by ARBeast

Thanks a lot Mannets. You guys did a great job. :headbang:

So Duff was the one who was really fucked up during the UYI Tour. And they all remember things in a different way. I think Matt has said the same thing.

So for him CD is great Axl album but just a good GN´R album

Great interview Manets and some great questions...Love Gilby as he seems so honest and genuine..........I know you had limited time but still wish you had asked him about the first Snakepit album as I think Gilby would have given you his honest opinion on what happened back then.........maybe next time.................