Hey Jude VS Don't Cry

Ace Nova

Hey Jude VS Don't Cry  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Hear that? That was written and recorded by 15 year old boys, in a record yourself booth…and i think it's better than anything i've ever heard out of Guns n Roses, it's just enchanting, the vocal melodies, the lyrics, the harmonising, the fact that its a fucking ballad, what the fuck are 15 yr old boys doing writing a ballad?!?!

They are the absolute fuckin' mutts nuts and nobody will ever touch them, not ever. As far as a band like Guns n Roses, they don't even have the raw talent in them to write songs like that, Axl Rose is something that doesn't have the nerve to commit to his music, it's why it takes him 15 years to release an album, despite what bullshit we might blah ourselves into thinking as a result of reading this forum too much, The Beatles were bold as brass fuckin' titans, comparing them to bands like Guns n Roses just isn't fair. The Stones? Maybe…and they still blast em out of the water.

you put forward a good argument. i'm impressed, is that george, the third guy?

Georgie Parisole on the left, Winston Legthigh in the middle and Paul McCharmley on the right :)

Georgie Parisole on the left, Winston Legthigh in the middle and Paul McCharmley on the right :)

bravo for the infantile stab at comedy

[on further inspection i can see the song credit on the single's label. my bad <_< ]

Edited by maXx

I voted Don't Cry, but not because I am a die hard GnR fan, which I'm not. It's just that I can still listen to Don't cry these days, even after 21 years and I still love it. It still does it for me. But I cannot listen to Hey Jude anymore without being bored out of mind. I did go through a very long Beatles phase years ago. I'd listen to them on a daily basis, but I think I listened to Hey Jude one time too many. It's… I don't now…

Edited by TombRaider

Guest Len B'stard

Even when i was REALLY into GnR Don't Cry was a bit...of a meh song. I always prefered the original version too. i guess i got into GnR when i was quite young so the bad boys of rock thing was what kinda drew me in. I think it was a great thing too cuz although they were these bad boys of rock they had tonsa soft songs and ballads and crap and they kinda pulled them off whilst still looking cool, was probably really healthy for the evolution of my musical taste actually. Although in those early days i never really liked the softer songs but what was great was the guitar work cuz no matter how fannyish it sounded (you tend to think like that when you're 10 or 11 :lol:) the guitar work just always lifted it. Slash was always kinda my thing, what drew me to GnR anyway really.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jude is overrated as shit

Even if it was, Don't Cry is shit.

Even some of my friends that absolutely hate it, really dig Slash's solo and outro leads. The quality is there guitar wise. That's the redeeming quality of the song for many, and it elevates the song from being shit for them imo.

Personally I think it's a great song. Important too. Got the band signed so that's cool.

• 3 months later...