Hey Jude VS Don't Cry

Ace Nova

Hey Jude VS Don't Cry  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard
Gotta say that I'd probably rather listen to Rocket Queen on loop than Revolution 9 if I'm honest.

That ain't a song, thats a glorified skit, thats Lennon being petulant basically like 'why can't i just bung a load of racket on an album, it's art damn you little people!' :lol: It's fuckin' priceless conceptually though cuz it gives you ideas which are quite arty farty and pointless unless you're a musician but valuable on that level.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps can suck a dick.

LOVE that song!

I agree with this, 90% of the time. But in a desert island scenario, I'd rather have don't cry.
On a desert island don't cry would get on my fuckin' tits :lol: Axl fannying on about some tart, fuck that, gimme the nice reassuring uplifting message and feel of Hey Jude, i'd go fuckin' crackers listening to don't cry on a loop on a desert island, sobbing into my 1042nd coconut, the rain beating down on me, ugh, i'd commit suicide to it. With Hey Jude they'd find me in the middle of the Island lookin' out onto the ocean, crossed legged swaying side to side like Lord Krishna going NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NA-NA, NANA NA-NAAAAAA :D
Although i'm fairly certain Lord Krishna never went NA na nana na naaaaa :unsure:
  • Like 1

I've read enough about your taste to know not to take you seriously. :lol:

Just cuz I don't take some dead French poof serously on the concept of life, the universe and everything doesn't mean I should be disregarded! :lol:

The only thing you take seriously is the number of seconds until your next cheeseburger, you wannabe-American chunker.

• Like 1

Just cuz I don't take some dead French poof serously on the concept of life, the universe and everything doesn't mean I should be disregarded! :lol:

The only thing you take seriously is the number of seconds until your next cheeseburger, you wannabe-American chunker.

I was about to get all offended by that until I remembered what I'd had for lunch the past two days! :lol: Seriously this was the menu from yesterday and the burger I ordered. It didn't even have a fuckin' bun cuz instead it was two deep fried chunks of Mac and Cheese. :lol::drool:

null_zpsff3af360.jpg

null_zps755dc0c8.jpg

The worst Beatles songs in the world beat anything GnR ever created, I firmly believe that.

A perfect example of why Beatles fans are renowned for their douchebaggery.
Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

I'm all for a spirited discussion when both parties disagree, but name calling? Come on now.

Edited by Mike420

Guest Len B'stard

The worst Beatles songs in the world beat anything GnR ever created, I firmly believe that.

A perfect example of why Beatles fans are renowned for their douchebaggery.

Sorry but i firmly believe that and i think i could argue it down to the last note of music, some things are just that good. There are very few bands that I believe to have a flawless discography, The Beatles are one of em. The Sex Pistols are the only other (and they only had the one album plus a bunch of b sides so they get a bit of an easier run of it :lol:)

If it were possible to quantify all the things that make a band great, to fulfil all the possibilities of what can be done through popular music, The Beatles far exceed the pack and always have done, they are/were the very definition of prodigious. It is freakishly unnatural what they did and the way they did it, and this is outside of the phenomenon and the screaming girls and the worldwide popularity and deifying, i'm talking about the actual creative act and the high quality and watermark of what those songs were doing musically, melodiously, coming from where they did, it is nothing short of phenomenal. Beyond phenomenal.

The douchebaggery that you speak of is more acutely assigned, it's more to do with people who that they were Gods and could do no wrong and were perfect in every way, which isn't what i'm saying, in their own way (and some more than others) they were all four of them massive cunts, they would often chat a load of shit, they were highly incompetent even, in certain avenues and in others, downright malicious, spiteful, devious and dishonest.

But the product, the music, what they put down on record, that is without flaw and i'll stand by that til my dying day and i feel I can argue it, specifically and precisely, song by song throughout their entire catalogue.

So call it douchebaggery, call it what you want but it ain't bragging to call Floyd Mayweather 45-0, it's just a fact, it is what it is…in the same way, and you can write this in stone and quote me into the next century on this, you will never see another band like The Beatles, never, not ever, it simply cannot happen again, will not happen again, The Beatles were like the big bang of popular music, there's just no arguing with it.

Hear that? That was written and recorded by 15 year old boys, in a record yourself booth…and i think it's better than anything i've ever heard out of Guns n Roses, it's just enchanting, the vocal melodies, the lyrics, the harmonising, the fact that its a fucking ballad, what the fuck are 15 yr old boys doing writing a ballad?!?!

They are the absolute fuckin' mutts nuts and nobody will ever touch them, not ever. As far as a band like Guns n Roses, they don't even have the raw talent in them to write songs like that, Axl Rose is something that doesn't have the nerve to commit to his music, it's why it takes him 15 years to release an album, despite what bullshit we might blah ourselves into thinking as a result of reading this forum too much, The Beatles were bold as brass fuckin' titans, comparing them to bands like Guns n Roses just isn't fair. The Stones? Maybe…and they still blast em out of the water.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Hey Jude was written for John's son Julian.

Awesome song. Anything The Beatles wrote and recorded was amazing. They were just that good.

Love Don't Cry too.

I don't think we should even try to choose between songs. I lived through the release of both songs and both songs mean something to me.

• Like 1

Just saw this...comedy gold.... :lol:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

See, I'd take that over Hey Jude any day of the week. :shrugs:

While my guitar gently weeps is one of my favorite Beatles songs! :lol:

(I also think, Hey Jude is better)

Edited by MBRose

Hear that? That was written and recorded by 15 year old boys, in a record yourself booth…and i think it's better than anything i've ever heard out of Guns n Roses, it's just enchanting, the vocal melodies, the lyrics, the harmonising, the fact that its a fucking ballad, what the fuck are 15 yr old boys doing writing a ballad?!?!

They are the absolute fuckin' mutts nuts and nobody will ever touch them, not ever. As far as a band like Guns n Roses, they don't even have the raw talent in them to write songs like that, Axl Rose is something that doesn't have the nerve to commit to his music, it's why it takes him 15 years to release an album, despite what bullshit we might blah ourselves into thinking as a result of reading this forum too much, The Beatles were bold as brass fuckin' titans, comparing them to bands like Guns n Roses just isn't fair. The Stones? Maybe…and they still blast em out of the water.

you put forward a good argument. i'm impressed, is that george, the third guy?

Gotta say that I'd probably rather listen to Rocket Queen on loop than Revolution 9 if I'm honest.

That ain't a song, thats a glorified skit, thats Lennon being petulant basically like 'why can't i just bung a load of racket on an album, it's art damn you little people!' :lol: It's fuckin' priceless conceptually though cuz it gives you ideas which are quite arty farty and pointless unless you're a musician but valuable on that level.

LOVE that song!

I agree with this, 90% of the time. But in a desert island scenario, I'd rather have don't cry.

On a desert island don't cry would get on my fuckin' tits :lol: Axl fannying on about some tart, fuck that, gimme the nice reassuring uplifting message and feel of Hey Jude, i'd go fuckin' crackers listening to don't cry on a loop on a desert island, sobbing into my 1042nd coconut, the rain beating down on me, ugh, i'd commit suicide to it. With Hey Jude they'd find me in the middle of the Island lookin' out onto the ocean, crossed legged swaying side to side like Lord Krishna going NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NA-NA, NANA NA-NAAAAAA :D

Although i'm fairly certain Lord Krishna never went NA na nana na naaaaa :unsure:

This might truly be the greatest post on MyGNR.

Lenny has a point though. Aside from like, filler covers on the first few albums and the shit on Yellow Submarine, not much GNR can touch the Beatles.

@magisme what do you have against WMGGW?

Edited by bacardimayne