Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds vs. Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained

Nosaj Thing

Christoph Waltz Oscar-Winning Performance  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

His performance in IB was incredible. Funny and terrifying at the same time. The movie truly would not have worked without him.

His performance in DU wasn't Oscar worthy, but it was pretty good. I loved how his character went from being in complete control to losing it as he realized how fucked up Candie was as time went on.

Vote and if you can, explain why.

I recently watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time and was blown away by his performance. Although I loved Django Unchained, I think he was incredibly brilliant in the WWII based movie.

Can't decide. He truly deserved to win Oscar for both movies.

but i love inglorious basterds more

He's a good actor, but come on, is he capable of any role other than "the eccentric german"?

This guy is overrated as fuck

Check out Carnage.

Just looked it up, sounds like a good premise for a movie. I'll be sure to check it out.

Edited by sweetness
  • Like 1

His performance in Basterds was eery, chilling yet... charming. It captured perfectly the cunning boogeyman which the Nazis tend to be portrayed as.

His performance in Django was also endearing, but it was ultimately let down by an inferior plot.

Edited by NGOG

He's a good actor, but come on, is he capable of any role other than "the eccentric german"?

This guy is overrated as fuck

I don't think he's that overrated. I mean, nobody is praising him like he's a superstar or the second Marlon Brando or something. He just happened to give a phenomenal performance in a movie and he got what he deserved. That was all, IMO.

You wanna know who is overrated? Ben Affleck.