Joey Jordison leaves Slipknot

Gordon Comstock

R.I.P. Slipknot

what about replacing Joey? He is too integrated on the band's sound and can't be replacable properly, imo

A drummer guy plays behind the curtain, like Donnie Steele?

lol

I'm sure this is Corey's stupid idea

I expect a Stone Sour clone album, so i will NOT listen to the next record, fuck'em

Enough is enough

Slipknot had plans for new album etc...now things fucked up.No reason to continue anymore,just broke it up for the good of all.

unfortunatelly there is a reason: MONEY

they will milking to death the band name :/

Stone Sour have been shit since Come Whatever May, I can't see another Slipknot album coming out (even if one does, I hope it tanks). Wonder what the other guys will do with the band now, I guess one final box-set kind of release somewhere down the line.

Seeing Joey spin around during Spit It Out is still one of the coolest things I've seen in concert.

hopefully slipknot now just goes away.

This

Though Joey was a MONSTER of a drummer. The metontour soundboard with him filling in for Lars in Metallica is awesome.

he is a very good drummer. i think he will catch on with another band somewhere without much of a problem. slipknot will probably cash in with one more album before going on some kind of decade long hiatus.

This band had too many members in the first place. why not get rid of the clown? From what I've seen, he walks around carrying a bat and tries to look scary at the fans. Who the hell needs him?

I think Cory Taylor wants to end slipknot and just do Stone Sour now.

This band had too many members in the first place. why not get rid of the clown? From what I've seen, he walks around carrying a bat and tries to look scary at the fans. Who the hell needs him?

or he wants to meld slipknot into stone sour II

My already very low expectations on new slipknot music just sunk even more. Sadly as they were one of the best live bands I've seen. Saw them this past summer for the 4th time in 5 years but it didn't excite me one bit, needed something new but this is not it, with Joey gone.

You clearly have some catching up to do on the history of the band. Clown is the only original member left and is a big part of what Slipknot are. Without him it would probably be a generic stone sourish band...

I'm pretty sure Corey will milk this band to death if he can. #Fuckthatdouche

Edited by CheapJon
  • Like 1

My already very low expectations on new slipknot music just sunk even more. Sadly as they were one of the best live bands I've seen. Saw them this past summer for the 4th time in 5 years but it didn't excite me one bit, needed something new but this is not it, with Joey gone.

You clearly have some catching up to do on the history of the band. Clown is the only original member left and is a big part of what Slipknot are. Without him it would probably be a generic stone sourish band...

I'm pretty sure Corey will milk this band to death if he can. #Fuckthatdouche

Calling the Clown the only original member left is very misleading. Of the eight members on the first Slipknot album, only two are not in the band currently. One died, and Joey Jordison just now left.

This is disappointing. They might be able to get another drummer, but they'll never be able to actually replace Joey, he was an integral part of the band. One of the best drummers around period.

Sadly as they were one of the best live bands I've seen.

They were awesome when I saw them too.