Best Piece Of Advice

The Sandman

To love myself before loving anyone else.

I was brought up with the attitude that I should always put others before myself, and this lead to me thinking more highly of others than I did of myself. It was massively dangerous and I was severely depressed for some years, perpetually self-loathing. I hurt a lot of people a long the way, most of the time without intent, which was really selfish.

Of course, you have to learn how to treat yourself with respect, so as far as advice goes, it really sucks, but once I learned how to look after myself, the statement really couldn't be truer.

• Like 1

To love myself before loving anyone else.

I was brought up with the attitude that I should always put others before myself, and this lead to me thinking more highly of others than I did of myself. It was massively dangerous and I was severely depressed for some years, perpetually self-loathing. I hurt a lot of people a long the way, most of the time without intent, which was really selfish.

Of course, you have to learn how to treat yourself with respect, so as far as advice goes, it really sucks, but once I learned how to look after myself, the statement really couldn't be truer.

Great advice and the cornerstone of all human relationships.