Best Piece Of Advice

The Sandman

I had a tendency to "fix" everyone and everything, often to my own detriment. Friend needs money? No problem. Friend needs a place to stay? No problem. Once got a call at 3am to drive an hour away to pull 78 porcupine quills out of a friend's dog's face. I got home at 6am and had to go to work at 7. I couldn't say "no". Finally, my grandfather said "You know...you can't fix everything." Best advice ever.

I had the same advice once, it's a pretty good one. I was always busy trying to fix everybody elses problems and lost myself in that. At one point you have to put yourself first.

My best advice ever was: just so NO, once in a while!

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Because I would choose death before supporting Vale :lol:

Yeah but i mean why that team out of all the others? Do you have some sort of connection to it or...?

I had a tendency to "fix" everyone and everything, often to my own detriment. Friend needs money? No problem. Friend needs a place to stay? No problem. Once got a call at 3am to drive an hour away to pull 78 porcupine quills out of a friend's dog's face. I got home at 6am and had to go to work at 7. I couldn't say "no". Finally, my grandfather said "You know...you can't fix everything." Best advice ever.

I had the same advice once, it's a pretty good one. I was always busy trying to fix everybody elses problems and lost myself in that. At one point you have to put yourself first.

My best advice ever was: just so NO, once in a while!

I saw this the other day and laughed. Seems like a few people could actually take it literally.

op4fvl.jpg

• Like 1

Best advice always seemed to come from Dad:

Don't spend more than you make.

Don't marry that guy.

If what you're doing, buying, loving will make any difference in your life in five years, make sure you do it, buy it, love it with quality.

Overtip breakfast waitresses.

• Like 1

Best advice always seemed to come from Dad:

Don't spend more than you make.

Don't marry that guy.

If what you're doing, buying, loving will make any difference in your life in five years, make sure you do it, buy it, love it with quality.

Overtip breakfast waitresses.

Your dad sounds like a cool person. To the point, without wasting time haha. My dad is like that too. I love my dad.

Guest Len B'stard

Thats exactly what I was getting at, out of nowhere, without geographical reference point, who the fuck would pick Stoke out of a hat? :lol: It occured to me that, to an uninitiated GNR fan yank, being that Slash is from there, he might have some illusion about Stoke being some sort of vast seething metropolis full of the hip and the stylish and the smooth when really, it's a giant outhouse of a place :lol:

In your defence, Cardiff is a rated manor, on a number of levels, not only as a place but it's football supporters too, if I'm not mistaken, dunno about now but back in the day Cardiff had a rated club scene.

But Stoke?!?! :lol: The only thing Stoke has given us in Slash and Robbie Williams...and we've yet to find a cure for the latter.

Having a clear conscience is a sign of poor memory.

Be good with your children, they will choose your retirement home.

Love is also knowing when to leave.

Even if there are people with worse problems than you, it doesn't mean you can't complain every now and then.

Thats exactly what I was getting at, out of nowhere, without geographical reference point, who the fuck would pick Stoke out of a hat? :lol: It occured to me that, to an uninitiated GNR fan yank, being that Slash is from there, he might have some illusion about Stoke being some sort of vast seething metropolis full of the hip and the stylish and the smooth when really, it's a giant outhouse of a place :lol:

In your defence, Cardiff is a rated manor, on a number of levels, not only as a place but it's football supporters too, if I'm not mistaken, dunno about now but back in the day Cardiff had a rated club scene.

But Stoke?!?! :lol: The only thing Stoke has given us in Slash and Robbie Williams...and we've yet to find a cure for the latter.

Stoke is absolutely a shit town :lol: The 6 towns...lol at the idea of it being vast seething metropolis full of the hip and the stylish :lol: There's really not shit to do in Stoke but drink and play football. Which would probably explain the number of drunken youths and dedication to either City or Vale. Though if you're a dedicated Vale supporter, you may want to rethink your life :lol:

Edited by wfuckinga

Some great advice in this thread!!

I think this one's been hinted at but I haven't seen it said directly yet....from my 5th grade teacher.....

"Think before you speak."

Didn't really get it that much at the time....but as I've grown, has come in rather handy at times.

Some great advice in this thread!!

I think this one's been hinted at but I haven't seen it said directly yet....from my 5th grade teacher.....

"Think before you speak."

Didn't really get it that much at the time....but as I've grown, has come in rather handy at times.

Agreed, especially after some of the people who I met at Uni who loved the sounds of their own voice and as a result spouted verbal diarrhea constantly as a result.