Topic only For the rasp voice lovers (me) and tour 2014-N

As much as I miss the rasp I could tell it was coming to an end by the 2010 tour, as much as I didn't want to admit it. Let's face it.... Last time Axl was about2012/2013 it was obvious he was drinking a lot and rumors of still smoking whether it be cigarettes or cigars. We also suspect his diet was terrible, he wasn't working out and his breath control wasn't what it should be. Doing the rasp in good shape without alcohol or smoking is difficult, I can't imagine what it would be like with a life style that isn't healthy.

so...no one has an audio bootleg of the show with Rocket Queen? :(

http://dfiles.eu/files/hitrycedz

nevermind the link expired.

FOUND IT : http://www.mediafire.com/?h09o8oqcgqx6736

you're the best.

No men, the best estranged since 93 is this

We all know he wanted to say "i doubt it" at 5:33, other than that you can't get much more flawless these days.

dude.

that chile concert was fucking flawless, wasn't it.

edit: wait, were they a year apart?

i guess axl is just always good in chile?

Yeah, 2010 and 2011

As much as I miss the rasp I could tell it was coming to an end by the 2010 tour

Being at the Aus shows at the end 2010, and listening to the clips on youtube, I would never of thought that he would of gone into 2011 sounding so bad.

But then, I guess having almost a year off would do that to him.

Edited by nightrain86

Honestly, his voice isn't nearly as bad as we all make it out to be. There are tons of great shows from 11-13 out there

You're right but it's that inconsistency that lead people to say that his voice is bad. When you gotta search for a specific gig to show people that Axl sounded good in a song for 20 seconds, then that's bad news.

I could type "Rocket Queen Guns 2010" in Youtube, pick any video, any, and the result would be Axl sounded good, great or awesome. That's the main difference.

Estranged with rasp at the end...

That sounded fucking great, probably the best Estranged since 1993. Now, is it that hard to do it like that every show?!

Still fucked up most of the second part. It's not just that he doesn't have rasp, he sounds weak, he sounds like he's dying. Of old age.

I wish he would at least sing it like he sang The Blues in 2002, put some energy into it. I think it would sound ok, not great, but ok.

To be honest I don't expect Axl to sound great anymore. he's what? In his 50's now so his voice is gonna be fucked. In my opinion I think he should give up the touring and just focusing on releasing a body of work. It would be cool to see him release 3-4 albums over the next 6 years. I'll take music over touring any day. I've seen them now I want to hear them.

You're being realistic (with the voice) and being unrealistic (on the albums). I think, at the least, it's going to take Axl 3 years per album from here on out (and that's a big if). It's sort of unrealistic to think that for his next project he won't try to one-up CD in terms of ambition, I mean maybe he'll temper his expectations a bit and take a new direction but who knows. He's fixing to be 52, so time is dwindling, given the current state of his voice. We've got one album from Axl in 20ish years. So the idea that he'll somehow almost equal his career output in a span of 6 years just seems like wishful thinking. This is one time where I would love to be wrong though.

I think (realistically) the best case scenario is:

-Chinese Democracy Re-Release / CD II Box Set (with the Leftovers + Remixes/etc)

-1 Last Hurrah / New Album + Tour (whether it's with the current lineup is yet to be seen)

-Maybe a few Axl acoustic/piano albums (after the book is officially closed on GnR)

Worst case:

-Bumblefoot/Whoever leaks a few tracks

Edited by jbhutto

To be honest I don't expect Axl to sound great anymore. he's what? In his 50's now so his voice is gonna be fucked. In my opinion I think he should give up the touring and just focusing on releasing a body of work. It would be cool to see him release 3-4 albums over the next 6 years. I'll take music over touring any day. I've seen them now I want to hear them.

You're being realistic (with the voice) and being unrealistic (on the albums). I think, at the least, it's going to take Axl 3 years per album from here on out (and that's a big if). It's sort of unrealistic to think that for his next project he won't try to one-up CD in terms of ambition, I mean maybe he'll temper his expectations a bit and take a new direction but who knows. He's fixing to be 52, so time is dwindling, given the current state of his voice. We've got one album from Axl in 20ish years. So the idea that he'll somehow almost equal his career output in a span of 6 years just seems like wishful thinking. This is one time where I would love to be wrong though.

I think (realistically) the best case scenario is:

-Chinese Democracy Re-Release / CD II Box Set (with the Leftovers + Remixes/etc)

-1 Last Hurrah / New Album + Tour (whether it's with the current lineup is yet to be seen)

-Maybe a few Axl acoustic/piano albums (after the book is officially closed on GnR)

Worst case:

-Bumblefoot/Whoever leaks a few tracks

I disagree with the age excuse. Ann Wilson is in her 60's and she sounds better every year. She has more power and has developed more rasp than she ever had and sounds incredible. My last vocal coach is in his late 50's and still sounds exactly like Brad Delp from Boston. I still think Axle has had surgery for nodes. Classic side effect is loss of the rasp.

The rasp does seem to be making a comeback in various songs its usually not present in.. PC was mentioned earlier and I just saw this one:

3:30 onwards

Last time I saw him do that was 2010. (Am I wrong?)

In dublin 2012 ( he says a story about someone asking about his raspy voice)

The rasp does seem to be making a comeback in various songs its usually not present in.. PC was mentioned earlier and I just saw this one:

3:30 onwards

Last time I saw him do that was 2010. (Am I wrong?)

In dublin 2012 ( he says a story about someone asking about his raspy voice)

Ah yes I remember that one..

Still, it's nice to see he can still do it in 2013. Dublin was a good voice day lol