Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the part where Dany starts acting like an idiot but it seems they will gloss this over. Dany in the show seems to listen to Selmy that her father really was a madman where in the book she was in denial. Plus Varys didn't support her in the book.

Dany is white washed in the show, even Cersei is... because strong female characters can't have too many flaws. Which given how they turned Loras into a completely different character in the show who's sole purpose is to be the gay guy, it doesn't make sense that it's for political correctness.

I don't know how they can reconcile Varys this season with Varys in season 1 when it was a bit more faithful.

Edited by AtariLegend

Well the guy did confess to murdering the Harpy. It was cut and dry.

Well the guy did confess to murdering the Harpy. It was cut and dry.

Exactly what I was going to say. Different scenario.

Even with a confessions, there needs to be some sort of legal proceeding to establish the facts like were there others involved? It certainly looked like it from the scene where the ex-slave goes to visit the Harpy.

If you're going to do things the right way, you have to do it for everyone. Under Dany's law is the punishment for murder always automatically murder? Doesn't that contradict a lot of what her character is portrayed as holding valuable in regards to views on justice and governance?

She is the Queen. It is not a democracy.

Seems like she wants both, in the show at least....

And in the show Cersei wanted to kill Tyrion the second Joffrey died, Tywin had the sense to hold a trial. Although it was a fluke, the intention was trasnparent(ish) governance. I thought that's what Dany was aiming for.

And in the show Cersei wanted to kill Tyrion the second Joffrey died, Tywin had the sense to hold a trial. Although it was a fluke, the intention was trasnparent(ish) governance. I thought that's what Dany was aiming for.

The difference is that that guy admitted to the murder while Tyrion stood accused which was why Tyrion got the trial. The Harpy was going to get the trial though he was caught in a suspicious act, it wasn't proven he killed Unsullied.

The difference is that that guy admitted to the murder while Tyrion stood accused which was why Tyrion got the trial. The Harpy was going to get the trial though he was caught in a suspicious act, it wasn't proven he killed Unsullied.

I guess that makes sense.

Last night's episode was my least favorite so far. The first half was a bit slow, though I quite enjoyed the second half. Is anyone else starting to get annoyed by the 'every question is answered with a 10 minute story' thing they like to do?

So annoying, I know what happens to Jon in the books - I hope the TV show says "fuck that" and completely ignores it. Because Jon in charge of the Watch is awesome. By far my favorite scenes of the last 2 seasons have been Jon/Watch scenes.
The next book is called The Winds of Winter and it's the penultimate book, certain things obviously have to happen to set up the end of the story. Jon's death as a guess... and this is just entirely speculative is the easy way to get him out of his Night's Watch vows given the inevitable parentage reveal implications. I think Jon will still be leading people afterwards.

Azor-Ahai-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-3437825

Those who have seen episode 4... is it a bit more fast paced than ep. 3? I thought the first half of episode 3 was quite slow and boring, though to be fair the second half was pretty excellent.

I think 4 is similarly paced episode but more interesting for good reasons and bad especially for book readers

Don't want to complain again about Dorne being pointless due to the changes, Jamie/Sansa storyline change making no sense, Badass killing machines the Unsullied/Greyworm along with Selmy one of the greatest swordsmen ever losing to random nobodies just so they can give Jorah the pedophile more screen time later, the logic behind Ceseri/Margery storyline being changed for no reason, them randomly deciding to put clues towards Jon's mother after 5 years all into 20 minutes in 1 episode or Bronn randomly becoming the morale compass of the show completely against his character.

However one thing I just noticed afterwards and from Reddit, the "there's no sharks in Dorne" line is just silly, it's specifically stated in one of the books that there are.

Don't want to complain again about Dorne being pointless due to the changes, Jamie/Sansa storyline change making no sense, Badass killing machines the Unsullied/Greyworm along with Selmy one of the greatest swordsmen ever losing to random nobodies just so they can give Jorah the pedophile more screen time later, the logic behind Ceseri/Margery storyline being changed for no reason, them randomly deciding to put clues towards Jon's mother after 5 years all into 20 minutes in 1 episode or Bronn randomly becoming the morale compass of the show completely against his character.

However one thing I just noticed afterwards and from Reddit, the "there's no sharks in Dorne" line is just silly, it's specifically stated in one of the books that there are.

I agree with a lot of this, though I haven't read the books.

Especially Barristan's early exit, when I hear in the books he still has quite a lot left to do. Jorah's just acting like a dick and I have no interest seeing him on screen at this point tbh. I thought the Sparrow stuff was set up pretty poorly story wise.

Especially Barristan's early exit, when I hear in the books he still has quite a lot left to do. Jorah's just acting like a dick and I have no interest seeing him on screen at this point tbh. I thought the Sparrow stuff was set up pretty poorly story wise.

the sparrow stuff they are trying to cram two story lines together. in the book cersei has the old septon murdered since lancel was becoming super religious and was going to tell the high septon about the affair he had with cersei. in the book cersei wants the faiths blessing for tommens marriage to margaery, but most importantly cersei owes the faith nearly 1 million gold dragons so she reinstates the warrior sects(she also wants the poor smelly sparrows gone) to basically cancel the debt. in the show they do it in a very weird way IMO.
  • Like 1

the sparrow stuff they are trying to cram two story lines together. in the book cersei has the old septon murdered since lancel was becoming super religious and was going to tell the high septon about the affair he had with cersei. in the book cersei wants the faiths blessing for tommens marriage to margaery, but most importantly cersei owes the faith nearly 1 million gold dragons so she reinstates the warrior sects(she also wants the poor smelly sparrows gone) to basically cancel the debt. in the show they do it in a very weird way IMO.
Westros forum people suggested they might have changed the storyline to Ceseri going after Loras, because Natalie Dormer already played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors. Seems perfectly plausible yet foolish.