Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are definitely doing a lot more free forming/deviating from the books this season.

post episode 1 spoilers:

anyone else find

the ramsay/sansa situation just a bit odd.... i do like jaqen taking on the role as the kindly man though
Edited by bran

they are definitely doing a lot more free forming/deviating from the books this season.

post episode 1 spoilers:

anyone else find

the ramsay/sansa situation just a bit odd.... i do like jaqen taking on the role as the kindly man though
If by odd you mean makes no fucking sense and is a giant plot hole. I refuse to suspend my dis-believe that Littlefinger's plan would be that stupid.

Poor girl, that wedding night is going to be evil.

What did you think of Barristan/Grey Worm's Unsullied being bitched out by random slave masters?

Edited by AtariLegend

post episode 1 spoilers:

anyone else find

If by odd you mean makes no fucking sense and is a giant plot hole. I refuse to suspend my dis-believe that Littlefinger's plan would be that stupid.

What did you think of Barristan/Grey Worm's Unsullied being bitched out by random slave masters?

yeah thats what i pretty much meant by odd :lol: yeah the barristan and grey worm deaths by just slave masters was pretty anti climatic. i think this almost guarantees they both will die in the battle for meereen

post episode 1 spoilers:

anyone else find

yeah thats what i pretty much meant by odd :lol: yeah the barristan and grey worm deaths by just slave masters was pretty anti climatic. i think this almost guarantees they both will die in the battle for meereen
I always thought Selmy was a goner in the next book, but I expected it to be something dramatic. The Meerren thing is strange, must be budget related. The concept of a massive scale battle with multiple factions and Viseron/Rhaegal fighting according to the POV preview chapters.

I wonder if Danny leaves Meereen in the show in ruins. She's a terrible ruler.

post episode 1 spoilers:

anyone else find

I always thought Selmy was a goner in the next book, but I expected it to be something dramatic. The Meerren thing is strange, must be budget related. The concept of a massive scale battle with multiple factions and Viseron/Rhaegal fighting according to the POV preview chapters.

I wonder if Danny leaves Meereen in the show in ruins. She's a terrible ruler.

And the actress is equally terrible. Looks and nothing else. Can't wait for a dragon to eat her.

I read somewhere that Melisandre switches Mance's soul or something at the last second and it's actually someone else who dies, I'll be interested too see if that show keeps to that.

Overall, good episode. Some slow moments, like the opening scene.... I thought that was essentially pointless and didn't really move the plot forward.... maybe it matters later on? I'm also sick of the Grey Worm/Missandei dynamic.

Will definitely rewatch sometime this week.

I read somewhere that Melisandre switches Mance's soul or something at the last second and it's actually someone else who dies, I'll be interested too see if that show keeps to that.

Overall, good episode. Some slow moments, like the opening scene.... I thought that was essentially pointless and didn't really move the plot forward.... maybe it matters later on? I'm also sick of the Grey Worm/Missandei dynamic.

Will definitely rewatch sometime this week.

Book spoiler about the opening scene.

In the books the fortune teller also tells her about the Valonqar that'll strangle her after her children die, that they chose to omit. Which basically explains her hatred for Tryion, whom she's convinced will kill her. Valonqar means little brother, but that of course is potentially a massive red herring... since more than one person fits the description of a little brother.

Man, they sure glossed over the Lord Commander thing. That took up a third of the book. Stannis doesn't seem as retarded, maybe D&D are catching up with how awesome the character really is.

Also pleased to see that Emilia Clarke has learned a new facial expression. Maybe working with an actor of a higher caliber such as Arnold Schwarzenegger was beneficial to her.

Apart from Jamie's logic for going to Dorne this week making no sense, anyone notice how Arya's list has magically got alot shorter?

Tywin - How on earth would she have found out about this already?

Melisandre - I guess she just forgot about her!

Beric/Thoros - I guess she decided on her voyage that they weren't so bad afterall

Ilyn Payne - This makes no sense. I know they found out the actor had cancer at the time, that he's been cleared of since... but you can't just magically ignore the guy who executed her father

Another very good episode.

Did anyone else find it sort of weird that Dany chooses to have the Harpy suspect go through a trial... then when he's assassinated, the suspect for that murder does not receive a trial? Seems out of character for her to be so rash.
She's a self entitled character who views herself as a messiah where almost everyone loves her and that there's a continent where most barely know she exists sing in the streets, sing songs and make banners hopping that one day she might return to be the savoir of Westros as well. That's how she was brought up, when Selmy tells her that her father was called the mad king for a reason that's the only time she even takes a few seconds to consider it.

Those aren't spoilers since you could determine that from the TV show if you really thought about it.