Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently some fans have already properly guessed the ending of the story:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-says-some-fans-have-correctly-guessed-the-end

EDIT: Feel free to click on the link, there are no spoilers found within. It's just Martin admitting that a few fans have already posted theories online that match up well enough with how he envisions the conclusion of the story.

Edited by downzy

Apparently some fans have already properly guessed the ending of the story:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-says-some-fans-have-correctly-guessed-the-end

EDIT: Feel free to click on the link, there are no spoilers found within. It's just Martin admitting that a few fans have already posted theories online that match up well enough with how he envisions the conclusion of the story.

he also said he quit reading internet forums in the late 90s so people on a song of ice and fire boards are trying to drudge up some theories from that time :lol: i think the ending will be somewhat unexpected since martin said it was a few that got it. i think a lot of it will comeback to the visions that dany saw in the house of the undying that was horribly butchered in the tv show.

Edited by bran

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now a book reader!

A couple chapters into A Clash of Kings. Kind of wish I hadn't spoiled myself on all the major Feast/Dance stuff a while ago, but oh well.

I've gotta say, I love the show but there are a lot of things that I wish they had explained or delved into better. For example, I never understood how the Hound would always say he wasn't a knight even though I saw him in the Kingsguard armor. Little stuff like that.

I also don't think the show captured the mystery and intrigue of Ned's investigation into Jon Arryn's death the way it is in the books.

I'm now a book reader!

A couple chapters into A Clash of Kings. Kind of wish I hadn't spoiled myself on all the major Feast/Dance stuff a while ago, but oh well.

I've gotta say, I love the show but there are a lot of things that I wish they had explained or delved into better. For example, I never understood how the Hound would always say he wasn't a knight even though I saw him in the Kingsguard armor. Little stuff like that.

I also don't think the show captured the mystery and intrigue of Ned's investigation into Jon Arryn's death the way it is in the books.

you are now one of us, welcome to the darkside. you will soon be nitpicking the show like a pro in no time(you already started, excellent :P), the thing is when you catch up you can wait a decade and hope martin doesnt drop dead in that time for a new book.

Edited by bran

broski rejoice! there will be no hordor or bran this season, looks like they get a year off. in this upcoming season they would have maybe an episode to tell the rest of bran's story arc to this point, better to save it to tie with the rest of the story that the winds of winter might have if martin ever fucking finishes it.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6103405/game-of-thrones-season-five-no-hodor-no-bran

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

There's lots of awesome bits and character lines they never put into the series in that book. I think alot are hoping Winds is Storm 2.0.

There's been lots of set shots floating around of the bits they're taking from Feast/Dragons for the next season online, but aren't you guys worried that unless it's renewed again there's only one more season after that?

This isn't a book spoiler, but I'm worried the show creators will end it with Dany/Tyrion living happily ever after in an extremely rushed and anti-climactic final season.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 4 weeks later...

Warning major season 5 spoiler.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/winds-winter-spoilers-leaked-pictures-reveal-tyrion-and-danerys-meet-during-game-thrones-season-5

Looks like they're skipping even more of Dance than expected.

unless they are going to alter the story and finish it in a different way to not spoil book readers. i remember reading a while back where martin and d+d were talking about doing that. also this would mean skipping a massive battle that has been built up

none of the greyjoy brothers have been cast, neither has joncon or aegon
so it seems like a lot is getting cut, condensed or altered.

also what i dont get is how they want this series to go 7 seasons yet from what has been stated from even martin. the winds of winter is going to be a dance with dragons massive with huge battles and a death toll that could surpass all other books, if this is true how are you going to cram that into 1 season yet for this season try to cram 2 books and a part of another into 1 season. also if they wanted to skip big parts of dance why would they not show bran and his arc at all this season? it just seems weird and off to me hopefully D+D pull this off and hopefully us book readers still have something to look forward to in the books.

Maybe the

battle of mereen still happens and Drogon kills Jorah or Selmey instead of one of the Martells and we end up with Tyrion watching the battle from inside the city as opposed to outside of it as in the Winds preview chapters. It's still possible they could do that bit, with Danerys still whisked off to the desert with Drogon (which I doubt though) in the season final.

It's a shame, I was actually looking forward to the adventures of Tyrion for a season, now I don't think we'll even hear him ask "where do whores go?".

• Like 1

I might just stick the books at this point.

I think artistic interpretations are very helpful regarding fantasy. Some might prefer their own imaginations, but when you see something watered down like HBO's Game of Thrones, you need to see what GRRM has imagined his world to be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/westeros-george-rr-martin_n_6056720.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I might just get The World of Ice and Fire for this reason. At least for The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films, they use real artists who were life line Tolkien fans to help create the visual world. HBO has done a decent job, they are limited by budget and time. It is such a shame this show has never gotten the treatment it deserves such as Boardwalk Empire and True Blood.

As much as people complain about only being ten episodes, the first season of True Detective and the final season of Boardwalk Empire proves that a story can be told in full with just eight episodes. This might be the future of HBO drama.

The cast of Game of Thrones has signed contracts for a potential seventh season of the hit fantasy drama, insider reports have confirmed.

Leading actors who were on board for six series have completed renegotiations that will see their current contracts extended, should the show continue.

US network HBO has offered its principal cast members "huge raises" for seasons five and six that will make them some of the highest-paid actors on cable television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Based on George RR Martin's bestselling A Song of Ice and Fire novels, Game of Thrones was renewed for two further seasons in April.

While a seventh run has yet to be confirmed, the show's massive ratings success makes it a strong possibility.

It is believed that a tiered system is used to pay the stars of Game of Thrones, with Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldan (Jaime Lannister) paid the most as the "A" tier.

Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) are said to be in the "B" tier but will also receive raises for the season seven option.

Despite cast members extending their contracts, their characters could be killed off at any point, meaning they would lose their jobs. George RR Martin is famous for his gruesome deaths and is yet to finish the book series.

The season four finale of Game of Thrones attracted 7.1 million viewers, helping the show topple The Sopranos to become HBO's most-watched series ever.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-leading-cast-members-sign-contracts-for-further-series-9828891.html

I find it interesting that Dormer get's paid as much as Turner/Williams.

i still dont see how this show gets done in only 7. if the winds of winter is as bloody and the two battles are as epic as led to believe trying to cram it into 1 season is going to be tough, unless they skip the battles and go another route. then again i dont see martin finishing the story in only 2 more books either.

The books and show will go their separate ways.

As pissed off I am with the drastic changes in season fives, I hope at least the Sand Snakes are sexy as hell. Probably will be the only reason I will watch the season. Now they are determined to make Stannis into an autistic child.

i still dont see how this show gets done in only 7. if the winds of winter is as bloody and the two battles are as epic as led to believe trying to cram it into 1 season is going to be tough, unless they skip the battles and go another route. then again i dont see martin finishing the story in only 2 more books either.

Did they say they would be stopping at 7 seasons?

they said there is an outside shot at season 8 but they want to finish it on 7. i read about increasing contracts and all that, but they just made them the highest paid actors on tv minds well go one more season or extend season 7, its not like game of thrones isn't going to make the money back.

Edited by bran

I was going to start a thread for this, but I'd have to put on spoiler tags.

The new GOT game from telltale is supposed to focus on 5 characters playing a role where we left off with Stannis's story in "Dance with Dragons" and the "Winds of Winter" preview chapters.

I'm confused why they're calling it Game of Thrones when it focuses on a plot thread that the show won't even cover until after the game comes out. It's also a plotline that we don't exactly know the outcome off, although we can guess. It should be interesting.

yeah i think it has to do with marketing. the name game of thrones is just a bigger brand than a song of ice and fire. as for the game i really like the idea of the story involving stannis and what may happen with that whole storyline. as being called game of thrones though stannis will probably be a devil with horns drinking the blood of babies.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

they said there is an outside shot at season 8 but they want to finish it on 7. i read about increasing contracts and all that, but they just made them the highest paid actors on tv minds well go one more season or extend season 7, its not like game of thrones isn't going to make the money back.

Not on TV, cable. Ahston Kutcher doubles their salary on his shit show. :shrugs: