Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

Bran basically stands out as the only exception to the rules of Game of Thrones. I mean really if you wanted to sum it up you could say that GOT is about the guys who should win dying (Ned, Oberyn, Robb, Cat etc). And the people that survive are fucking badass like Arya. But then you have Bran. Whiny cunt that gets pushed out a window and somehow lives and gains superpowers. Manages to escape Winterfell with the help of an ugly slut even though it's manned by a shipfull of Ironborn. Then he magically gets two additional crew members by doing nothing at all. Survives north of the wall with almost no incident. Gets his rabies friend killed and the first thing he can think of afterwords is that he died so he could walk again? Lol. What a tool.

Fuck him. Fuck his wig.

Edited by Broskirose

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 5 should open with him getting shot by a rifle. Maybe like have the guy who played the raptor dude from Jurassic Park shoot him. No explanation. Just have a guy walk on screen and shoot him with a modern gun in a cold open and then start the opening titles.

Just a way for the showrunners to acknowledge that they fucked up by letting him live this long and to show that he isn't really worth coming up with an in-canon death scene.

Just shoot him.

• Like 1

Bran basically stands out as the only exception to the rules of Game of Thrones. I mean really if you wanted to sum it up you could say that GOT is about the guys who should win dying (Ned, Oberyn, Robb, Cat etc). And the people that survive are fucking badass like Arya. But then you have Bran. Whiny cunt that gets pushed out a window and somehow lives and gains superpowers. Manages to escape Winterfell with the help of an ugly slut even though it's manned by a shipfull of Ironborn. Then he magically gets two additional crew members by doing nothing at all. Survives north of the wall with almost no incident. Gets his rabies friend killed and the first thing he can think of afterwords is that he died so he could walk again? Lol. What a tool.

Fuck him. Fuck his wig.

yeah i agree on your points. some of those problems are addressed in the book that were changed in the show for whatever reason or reasons. like meera and jojen. in the book they arrive at winterfell and were with him the whole time, they dont just magically show up like in the show. in the show him surviving north of the wall is quite silly, in the book he has coldhands, an undead or whatever he is badass of the nights watch(well former :lol:) you can actually see where coldhands should be in the show with things that are never fully explained :lol:

Season 5 should open with him getting shot by a rifle. Maybe like have the guy who played the raptor dude from Jurassic Park shoot him. No explanation. Just have a guy walk on screen and shoot him with a modern gun in a cold open and then start the opening titles.

Just a way for the showrunners to acknowledge that they fucked up by letting him live this long and to show that he isn't really worth coming up with an in-canon death scene.

Just shoot him.

and then the hippie guy on the tree throne pulls out a 12 gauge. "fuck this shit, fuck this little whiny bitch" and blows bran starks head off. hippie guy lights up a joint and systematically kills all the children of the forest and burns down the weirwood tree and seals the cave and decides kings landing is not such a bad place at all........ cut to the wall and jon :lol:

• Like 1

Coldshands was the one thing that made sense in the Bran storyline. But instead we have Karl The Fookin Legend of Gin Ally and his shakespeare-esque dialog and Jon Snow wasting three episodes on him.

When it comes to adapting storylines D&D did good. But when they have to invent new storylines to try to tie it together, they are fucking horrible. It is fan fiction bad. Karl Tanner, is an over th the top character that sounds like he as dreamt up by a 15 year old boy. And having Asha (not fucking calling her Yara anymore) sail all the way the fuck around Westeros to rescue Theon at the Dreadfort only to be scared off by dogs, was a fucking waste of good screentime.

And what the fuck is with the skeletons? They had to cut Coldhands but waste CG money on skeletons? Fuck that.

• Like 1

Coldshands was the one thing that made sense in the Bran storyline. But instead we have Karl The Fookin Legend of Gin Ally and his shakespeare-esque dialog and Jon Snow wasting three episodes on him.

When it comes to adapting storylines D&D did good. But when they have to invent new storylines to try to tie it together, they are fucking horrible. It is fan fiction bad. Karl Tanner, is an over th the top character that sounds like he as dreamt up by a 15 year old boy. And having Asha (not fucking calling her Yara anymore) sail all the way the fuck around Westeros to rescue Theon at the Dreadfort only to be scared off by dogs, was a fucking waste of good screentime.

And what the fuck is with the skeletons? They had to cut Coldhands but waste CG money on skeletons? Fuck that.

yeah coldhands made the bran storyline in the books much better, not to mention the dialogue with meera and jojen about the knight of the laughing tree and things like that created great some great moments.

this is clearly where coldhands should be.

Edited by bran

Book readers: I'm thinking I'm probably going to take the time between S4 and S5 to read the books. I know they are not short reads, but is it doable to have them all done by the time S5 airs? How long did it take you guys to read them?

And for the rest of us, I'm going to rewatch the whole series soon, so I'll probably use this thread to post comments/questions on the episodes. Also, I was thinking (although it would be tough to organize/manage) we could perhaps get a group watching schedule laid out, if there's interest. One episode per week on Sundays may be dragging a bit, I was thinking maybe 2-3 episodes a week if it fits into people's schedules. Anyway, just figured I'd throw it out there, as I know I need a rewatch of those early seasons because I just didn't know what was going on, and it would be a nice way to hold over until S5 airs.

Book readers: I'm thinking I'm probably going to take the time between S4 and S5 to read the books. I know they are not short reads, but is it doable to have them all done by the time S5 airs? How long did it take you guys to read them?

And for the rest of us, I'm going to rewatch the whole series soon, so I'll probably use this thread to post comments/questions on the episodes. Also, I was thinking (although it would be tough to organize/manage) we could perhaps get a group watching schedule laid out, if there's interest. One episode per week on Sundays may be dragging a bit, I was thinking maybe 2-3 episodes a week if it fits into people's schedules. Anyway, just figured I'd throw it out there, as I know I need a rewatch of those early seasons because I just didn't know what was going on, and it would be a nice way to hold over until S5 airs.

yeah it is plenty doable to read them in about a year if you are a moderate reader. a game of thrones, and clash of kings are in the 700 page area. so if you read 50 pages a day you could knock those out in a month at that pace. a storm of swords is about 1,000 pages. so that will take a bit longer at 50 pages a day it would take you 20 days. a feast for crows is in the 700 page range and ADWD is the biggest book at 1,056 pages.

totts i think said he read them in between seasons 2 and 3. i read the first 3 books during high school, when AFFC released it took me 5 days to read it. ADWD took me about 3 weeks. i put the book down a couple of times since some stuff dragged on too much for me :lol:

Dudes...this shit looks so fucking good on Blu-ray.

I'm going to put these in spoilers since I know atleast one other is doing a rewatch and may want to experience it fresh. Just a couple comments.

Just watched episode 1. Bran didn't make me cringe. It's a miracle!

Did Emilia Clarke get worse as an actress? Is that even possible? She was really great in EP1 at playing early Dany. Scared and frail.

The Hounds helmet was fucking stupid. lol.

Edited by Broskirose

Dudes...this shit looks so fucking good on Blu-ray.

I'm going to put these in spoilers since I know atleast one other is doing a rewatch and may want to experience it fresh. Just a couple comments.

Just watched episode 1. Bran didn't make me cringe. It's a miracle!

Did Emilia Clarke get worse as an actress? Is that even possible? She was really great in EP1 at playing early Dany. Scared and frail.

The Hounds helmet was fucking stupid. lol.

dany's character and story get worse IMO. the book is the same her chapters are horrible for the most part.

Edited by bran

Fuck him. Fuck his wig.

:lol:

I hate his storylines the most, too, next to anything involving the Wall. Just boring most of the time and couldn't care any less about WTF happens to him... irrelevant to me. Nothing ever interesting involves his character.

Fuck him. Fuck his wig.

I hate his storylines the most, too, next to anything involving the Wall. Just boring most of the time and couldn't care any less about WTF happens to him... irrelevant to me. Nothing ever interesting involves his character.

Children look cool... don't deny that shit.

Can't wait to see him fly.

Not.

fa3e19ffd513583d5f7ae60382262d9a0505d725

So any theories among book readers how next season ends if "Winds of Winter" isn't released by next year?

FYI major spoilers, don't read without book knowledge.

Does Stannis still march on Winterfell? Do we still have the Jon Snow cliffhanger? Does the Battle for Slavers Bay build up still happen without any of the Greyjoys?

Or is it a complete deviation and new story at the end?

I think a version of the epilogue from Dance with snow falling still happens whether Aegon shows up or not is a safe bet. Unless they saved Stoneheart for then (which I doubt).

Please dont say more about "her" or what will happen when talking about her, because thats the only spoiler I know haha.

It sucks... should have more episodes, theyre rushing it.

fucking bullshit, if this holds true the people making this show made a big mistake.

I haven't even read the books that this upsets me, I'm hoping its just damage control from Lena Headey giving the spoiler, and that she will show up.