Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still sucks they killed pyp and grenn :(

Agreed, I'm guessing they weren't in the books? Also, would have liked to have seen the fight between the giant and the 5 Night's Watchmen.

yeah they survived in the books. grenn took the death of donal noye who was a one armed armorsmith who took leadership of castle black after mormont's death, since he was really the only senior member left at the time. he and a few men go down into the tunnel to protect the gate to fight mag the mighty and all die but they held the gate and killed mag.

except for the fact that Jon Snow is now out there; I'm not even sure what he is attempting to accomplish.

He is going out to kill Mance Rayder "King Beyond the Wall"...........He states at the end of the episode that he believes Rayder is the only thing uniting the wildlings and if he can kill him they will breakdown into chaos, split in factions and start fighting amongst themselves instead of invading...........

except for the fact that Jon Snow is now out there; I'm not even sure what he is attempting to accomplish.

He is going out to kill Mance Rayder "King Beyond the Wall"...........He states at the end of the episode that he believes Rayder is the only thing uniting the wildlings and if he can kill him they will breakdown into chaos, split in factions and start fighting amongst themselves instead of invading...........
Yeah. I doubt killing Mance will keep the Wildings from staying united long enough to get through the Wall.

How does Jon even plan on getting close to Mance?

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Yeah. I doubt killing Mance will keep the Wildings from staying united long enough to get through the Wall.

Don't know mate as that was Jon Snow's theory in last nights show and why he left at the end to go find Mance......

Samwell asked Jon as he was leaving how he would get close enough to kill Mance even if he found him but I can't remember how Jon responded...will have to watch the episode again tonight............ :shrugs:

just because all loose ends are not tied in a bow at the end of an episode doesnt make the episode pointless or "filler" the story continues and if people watch the show and watch the next handful episodes you will see how this battle is not pointless and sets up a lot of future storylines that impact several key players in the story.

• Like 2

This episode should have been two hours.

Also, I like how much balls Sam has. Pyp was such a pussy.

tv show pyp reminds me of the book nights watchman that was with jon who took an arrow and died, cannot remember his name though.

Supposedly some scenes filmmed by Marshall are pushed back til next week.

Cool. Source?

I didn't read this, but it would make sense. Anyway this isn't a spoiler unless you didn't listen to the dialogue, but the battle of the wall isn't over yet.

I knew almost everything that happened tonight and that will probably happen in the season finale too, but thought it awesome none the less. Best viewed on a big TV with the volume turned up.

However I'm really concerned that non book readers are going to get even more confused very soon, I doubt most even realized Janos AKA coward dude has been a re-curing character since season 1. Alot of the non book readers seem to believe that

it's the Tyrion and Dany show. When Stoneheart and the Brotherhood without Banners (who they've probably forgot) show up, the reviews are going to be interesting.
Edited by AtariLegend

Possible spoiler, but I'm only speculating...

Anyone else basically expecting Stannis to show up and save the day in the last ep?

If you wanna know

He will next episode.

Only thing that made sense.
Hopefully he won't get five seconds of screentime. I just want them to do his character right

Don't know mate as that was Jon Snow's theory in last nights show and why he left at the end to go find Mance......

Samwell asked Jon as he was leaving how he would get close enough to kill Mance even if he found him but I can't remember how Jon responded...will have to watch the episode again tonight............ :shrugs:

Something that I've thought about, does Mance know that Jon "betrayed" them? Have they showed that and I've just forgotten about it?

Something that I've thought about, does Mance know that Jon "betrayed" them? Have they showed that and I've just forgotten about it?

If Mance doesn't know he is about to find out.

I was so hoping that Jon Snow would capture Ygritte and they would have mad, passionate, angry, make-up sex in a fire-lit dungeon for hours wrapped in nothing but animal fur. Guess that's not going to happen now.

Welcome to the world of Ice and Fire. Nothing happens as you expect.

What are your predictions? or have you've read the books?

I was so hoping that Jon Snow would capture Ygritte and they would have mad, passionate, angry, make-up sex in a fire-lit dungeon for hours wrapped in nothing but animal fur. Guess that's not going to happen now.

Welcome to the world of Ice and Fire. Nothing happens as you expect.

What are your predictions? or have you've read the books?

I haven't read the books. I really don't have any predictions. I'm hoping Danny will fall in love and they'll show her having sex with him in graphic detail. Then her dragons can kill him for all I care. It would be nice if it's Jaime Lannister, (just for the sex part) but I doubt that will happen. I hope Cersai gets thrown in jail and things go really bad for her. I hope they don't kill Tyrion. I hope Sansa grows up and finally grows some balls. I'm tired of her being such a wimp. It would be nice if she takes on the 'evil queen persona' that Cersai has. I'm sick and tired of Arya wandering through the forest. It's time for her to get a bath, change clothes and start killing people that matter. Gilly needs a bath too. I'm just so upset for Theon Greyjoy. That was awful what they did to him. I wish he could grow it back. Maybe the lady in red could meet up with him and give him a magic potion, help him out with that. Other than that, I'm really not sure. The big, tall blonde warrior, I like her. She should come into play somewhere in there, possibly kill a bunch of the bad guys. I know Jon Snow is a main character, but he just seems to be a bit of a wimp to me. I don't really like him. He'll probably end up with Danny. I hope her dragons eat him.