Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

Best warriors

Barristan Selmy

Jamie Lannister (before his hand was cut off)

Greatjon Umber

The Hound

The Red Viper

The Mountain

Brienne

Garlan Tyrell (suppose to be better than Loras)

Strong Belwas

Grey Worm

Daario

Bronn

Best of them all was Ser Arthur Dayne but he's dead

awesome list, arthur dayne was a badass. garlan tyrell is someone i wish was in the show, leading the tyrell/lannister vanguard at the battle of blackwater just shows how awesome of a warrior he is. greatjon in the show wasnt at the red wedding was he? so who knows where he is :lol: one i think is pretty cool but not in the show yet is

areo hotah, dealing with the red viper and the sand snakes everyday for years must make you a badass :lol:

i would also like to nominate maege mormont(dacey to a lesser extent) those ladies are tough as hell. also tormund is quite awesome as well.

Edited by bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Loras

Naw, Georgy just doesn't want to give him any credit. :) In the books he is pretty bad ass. People talk about his fighting skills like they do Jaime and the Mountain.

The show has just chosen to focus more on his sexual preference.

Let's discuss the way 'The Viper' died. Is that physically possible? I mean, the show is based on fantasy, of course, but should we assume that in a world where dragons are real, a big man like 'The Mountain' can destroy another man's head just like that?

Apparently it takes 500 pounds of force to crush a human skull and the actor who played the Mountain finished second in World's Strongest man several times, not sure if it would have been so extreme but I could certainly see him doing lots of damage and then crushing the skull against the floor.

Also this:

Edited by Tater Totts
  • Like 2

That may all be true in the books but in the show he's just known as that gay dude who cheats in jousts, needs the Hound to protect him from the Mountain, gets his ass kicked by Brienne, sleeps with obvious spies and gets made fun of by his own grandma.

Plus he cries like a bitch.

We never see Loras fight.

We know he is very reckless as Jaime notes and that will have consequences

In the show he is supposed to be some great swordsman but in the book he was said to be a better horseman than a swordsman which is still great since he is a knight.

Loras would beat Jaime in a fight now he has only one hand. But when Jaime had both hands, Jamie would win. I remember on the show Jaime said there's only two men that can best him in a fight. I think in the books he mentioned Greatjon Umber being one of them. I think he would have the toughest time with The Hound, The Mountain, Greatjon and Selmy.

That may all be true in the books but in the show he's just known as that gay dude who cheats in jousts, needs the Hound to protect him from the Mountain, gets his ass kicked by Brienne, sleeps with obvious spies and gets made fun of by his own grandma.

In the show he is supposed to be some great swordsman but in the book he was said to be a better horseman than a swordsman which is still great since he is a knight.

Loras would beat Jaime in a fight now he has only one hand. But when Jaime had both hands, Jamie would win. I remember on the show Jaime said there's only two men that can best him in a fight. I think in the books he mentioned Greatjon Umber being one of them. I think he would have the toughest time with The Hound, The Mountain, Greatjon and Selmy.

Last time you guys speculated like this, someone came out of nowhere and spoiled Oberyns fate in this very thread.

- The Beetle conversation. Some of the best scenes this season have been the ones with Jaime visiting Tyrion in his cell, but what the hell was that.

i think that was a metaphor. and both Tyrion and Jaime knew what they were REALLY talking about. like, gods kill people randomly and insistently like their crazy cousin Orson used to kill beetles. and it's impossible to understand gods' will or logic behing their actions, no matter how hard you try. as well as it was impossible to understand Orson, though Tyrion had a feeling that what his cousin did had to make some sence, but he just couldn't figure it out. for me it was the most dramatic scene of the episode

- The Beetle conversation. Some of the best scenes this season have been the ones with Jaime visiting Tyrion in his cell, but what the hell was that.

i think that was a metaphor. and both Tyrion and Jaime knew what they were REALLY talking about. like, gods kill people randomly and insistently like their crazy cousin Orson used to kill beetles. and it's impossible to understand gods' will or logic behing their actions, no matter how hard you try. as well as it was impossible to understand Orson, though Tyrion had a feeling that what his cousin did had to make some sence, but he just couldn't figure it out. for me it was the most dramatic scene of the episode

I think there were a few levels to that metaphor. It could also be about how Tyrion has been treated his entire life by the world and especially by his father, which would explain his special interest in this, or about how the strong lord over the weak by virtue of strength alone, or about how we all enjoy watching a show where characters are tortured, raped and murdered.

Last time you guys speculated like this, someone came out of nowhere and spoiled Oberyns fate in this very thread.

Yeah, and?

The gods are basically retarded and killing people at random.

or about how the strong lord over the weak by virtue of strength alone, or about how we all enjoy watching a show where characters are tortured, raped and murdered.

i thought about that too. it's like George Martin is a god of that universe... and he acts exactly like Orson, the difference is we are supposed to understand his logic later maybe

or about how the strong lord over the weak by virtue of strength alone, or about how we all enjoy watching a show where characters are tortured, raped and murdered.

i thought about that too. it's like George Martin is a god of that universe... and he acts exactly like Orson, the difference is we are supposed to understand his logic later maybe

People get the most upset with Ned and Robb's deaths. Now they are with Oberyn, and I can see that. But they have died because they've made stupid mistakes. Ned was dumb enough to tell Cersei that he knows the truth. Robb broke his oath with the Freys, executed Rickard Karstark, and not let his uncle Edmure in on his plans. Oberyn did not do the classic "double tap" or at least kept his himself out of The Mountain's reach.

I think of all the major religions we've seen, The Seven, The Old Gods, and R'hollr, the Seven seem to be the most made up.

Oh, what do you guys think will happen with The Mountain? Will he recover or die from his wounds? Because if he lives, he may face the consequences of his confession.

Yeah, and?

It just reminded me of it. + By highlighting that, maybe it stops someone from being an asshole yet again.

Oh, what do you guys think will happen with The Mountain? Will he recover or die from his wounds? Because if he lives, he may face the consequences of his confession.

I can tell you what happens to him in the books. Obviously a spoiler:

Turns out Oberyn's spear was poisoned and Gregor Clegane dies in agony.

This should be in the next episode.

Later:

a knight named Robert Strong appears on the scene, he never speaks and it's never clearly revealed who he is, but it's pretty much certain that he is either a revived Clegane or his animated body. Qyburn is responsible for this.

I can tell you what happens to him in the books. Obviously a spoiler:

Turns out Oberyn's spear was poisoned and Gregor Clegane dies in agony.

This should be in the next episode.

Later:

a knight named Robert Strong appears on the scene, he never speaks and it's never clearly revealed who he is, but it's pretty much certain that he is either a revived Clegane or his animated body. Qyburn is responsible for this.

Yes, I've read the books. My question was directed to non readers

PtfUtFl.gif

Damn look at his brains.