Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the showrunners realize that people aren't really onboard with Dany this season or if they actually believe that everyone is behind her shit decisions. She was my favorite character last year. Now she's just being an idiot. I hope this is intentional and they have some kind of repercussions and redemption planned. But I almost get the sense that they think everyone is still fapping over every thing she does.

I wonder if the showrunners realize that people aren't really onboard with Dany this season or if they actually believe that everyone is behind her shit decisions. She was my favorite character last year. Now she's just being an idiot. I hope this is intentional and they have some kind of repercussions and redemption planned. But I almost get the sense that they think everyone is still fapping over every thing she does.

Many people complained about her arc in the book series after the conquest of Mereen because it just drags on and on and on. And yes, she does make some dumb decisions. I think the point is that she's the strong conqueror and idealistic liberator but she's not quite suited for long term government and peace time politics.

Worst episode of the season....one of the worst of the entire series.

In the book, after The Red Wedding the material does go downhill, so I guess I can't be too critical of the show writers.

Things I didn't like:

- Sansa's reveal and her in that dress. I just didn't see the need for them to let her go ahead and reveal herself to the Lords of the Vale. With the dress and the later conversation with Littlefinger, you almost get the impression that they are trying to start some kinda of romance. It wasn't that way in the books and I don't like it.

- Ayya's laugh, that whole scene. At first I didn't mind the whole "buddy buddy" thing with the hound, even though in the books they were not buddies, but now it just seems a bit boring and dragging. They need to go ahead and move Arya on to her next story arc.

- The Beetle conversation. Some of the best scenes this season have been the ones with Jaime visiting Tyrion in his cell, but what the hell was that.

- I don't mind Greyworm and Missandrei's relationship, but I felt like it got way to much time that could been spent elsewhere. Moat Calin anyone?

- The battle between The Mountain and Prince Oberyn was good, but it wasn't great, and since it is my favorite moment in the book, I NEEDED it to be GREAT. I wanted to hear more anger in Prince Oberyn's voice, and more of him saying, "Your raped her. You killed her. You murdered her children."

Like I said, after the TRW the material does go downhill, and now I think we are starting to see it. Easily the worst season of the four.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Many people complained about her arc in the book series after the conquest of Mereen because it just drags on and on and on. And yes, she does make some dumb decisions. I think the point is that she's the strong conqueror and idealistic liberator but she's not quite suited for long term government and peace time politics.

I wonder if it is just that people don"t like Emilia Clarke. On ASOIAF forum, it seems like everyone hates her and thinks she is terrible actress. Me, myself, have always thought she was doing a decent job.

Edited by SunnyDRE

The people on ASOIAF hate everything. I haven't read the books but I spoiled myself on every major plotpoint. I like to read the episode thread after the episode airs to see the book readers live reactions. Any time there is a minor change from the books they lose their fucking minds.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 2

The people on ASOIAF hate everything. I haven't read the books but I spoiled myself on every major plotpoint. I like to read the episode thread after the episode airs to see the book readers live reactions. Any time there is a minor change from the books they lose their fucking minds.

That is why I am glad I read the books between seasons 2 and 3 so I am not too attached. Some people read the books when the first came out almost 20 years ago so it isn't surprising that some lose their shit.

• Like 1

I wonder if it is just that people don"t like Emilia Clarke. On ASOIAF forum, it seems like everyone hates her and thinks she is terrible actress. Me, myself, have always thought she was doing a decent job.

It's been my impression that there's a contrast between the acting in the Essos arc and the Westeros arcs. In Westeros they went with the gritty, modern kind of TV. But Emilia Clarke's acting, as well as that of the guys who play Barristan and Jorah is a more theatrical, classic style, like you'd expect to see in a Shakespeare play. Even the guys who plays Daario now gives off a classic cinema vibe, kind of like Errol Flynn or something. I don't know if this was intentional. So what I'm saying is the Essos bits have a 50s epic movie feel to them, especially in teh acting department.

• Like 1

In the book, after The Red Wedding the material does go downhill, so I guess I can't be too critical of the show writers.

Things I didn't like:

- Sansa's reveal and her in that dress. I just didn't see the need for them to let her go ahead and reveal herself to the Lords of the Vale. With the dress and the later conversation with Littlefinger, you almost get the impression that they are trying to start some kinda of romance. It wasn't that way in the books and I don't like it.

- Ayya's laugh, that whole scene. At first I didn't mind the whole "buddy buddy" thing with the hound, even though in the books they were not buddies, but now it just seems a bit boring and dragging. They need to go ahead and move Arya on to her next story arc.

- The Beetle conversation. Some of the best scenes this season have been the ones with Jaime visiting Tyrion in his cell, but what the hell was that.

- I don't mind Greyworm and Missandrei's relationship, but I felt like it got way to much time that could been spent elsewhere. Moat Calin anyone?

- The battle between The Mountain and Prince Oberyn was good, but isn't wasn't great, and since is my favorite moment in the book, I NEEDED it to be GREAT. I wanted to hear more anger in Prince Oberyn's voice, and more of him saying, "Your raped her. You killed her. You murdered her children."

Like I said, after the TRW the material does go downhill, and now I think we are starting to see it. Easily the worst season of the four.

i always thought the best material of ASoS was the red wedding until the rest of the book. a lot of great stuff happens in the last part of this book.

• Like 1

Love AFFC because of how different it is, ADWD though bored me stiff.

AFFC is my second favorite book, ADWD was meh, but the last third of the book was pretty awesome. i just feel these 2 books just serve as a build up to the finale. the ending of storm just felt like a completion of sorts, and the next 2 books felt like a new beginning.(if that makes any sense :lol:)

• Like 1

Things I didn't like:

- The battle between The Mountain and Prince Oberyn was good, but isn't wasn't great, and since is my favorite moment in the book, I NEEDED it to be GREAT. I wanted to hear more anger in Prince Oberyn's voice, and more of him saying, "Your raped her. You killed her. You murdered her children."

Really man??? I thought the episode and this season has been very solid all around and am very pleased with it :shrugs:

• Like 1

Things I didn't like:

I thought that this was the best season.

• Like 3

By the talks of everyone in the thread, looks like Tyrion is going to die. Fack.

valar morghulis :P

Curiosity got the best of me and my interest was piqued...had to read ahead for book spoilers and found out he won't die this season, and will be saved by Jaime and Varys. I had to :lol: