Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what Gendry's been up to...

in the book he never leaves the brotherhood so no clue where he went. kind of uncharted territory here.

I think we discussed this a bit earlier in the thread, but Gendry is Gendry and Edric from the books right? So could we assume Gendry is now following Edric's story?

Hopefully they just write him off or briefly touch back on him in the last season just to wrap his plotline up. I really don't need to see Gendry. I'm realizing that Arya is one of my absolute favorites in Season 1 and 4. What do those two seasons have in common? No Gendry.

Hopefully they just write him off or briefly touch back on him in the last season just to wrap his plotline up. I really don't need to see Gendry. I'm realizing that Arya is one of my absolute favorites in Season 1 and 4. What do those two seasons have in common? No Gendry.

I used to think that Gendry was going to be a main contender for the Iron Throne, given who his father was........ but now there's so many people with legitimate right, and so many with the cleverness/power to take it, I can't confidently make any predictions. I guess that's what GRRM wants.

Wonder what Gendry's been up to...

in the book he never leaves the brotherhood so no clue where he went. kind of uncharted territory here.

I think we discussed this a bit earlier in the thread, but Gendry is Gendry and Edric from the books right? So could we assume Gendry is now following Edric's story?

i was thinking that but in the book they send edric to a whole different place than where they send gendry in the show. in the book gendry also doesn't know who his father is so it is really hard to get a gauge of where they are going with him. gendry plays a really small role in the book he does pop back up again, edric has a really, really small role in the later books.

Edited by bran

He's sexy, so of course we need to see him again.

Gendry should be King.

I hate how they try so hard to make Cersei a sympathetic and complex character. She's basically Skylar White. No matter how hard they try to rationalize her actions, she is still a villain. I remember when fans of hers got so pissed off when GRRM pretty much confirms this in her POV chapters in AFFC.

Skylar wasn't a villain you doofus! :lol: She was a normal human being behaving the way a normal human being would behave under those circumstances.

I hate how they try so hard to make Cersei a sympathetic and complex character. She's basically Skylar White. No matter how hard they try to rationalize her actions, she is still a villain. I remember when fans of hers got so pissed off when GRRM pretty much confirms this in her POV chapters in AFFC.

Skylar wasn't a villain you doofus! :lol: She was a normal human being behaving the way a normal human being would behave under those circumstances.

Well I've never had my husband turn into a meth kingpin but if he did I don't think I would go fuck someone behind his back and rub it in his face.

Normal? No. She was an annoying cunt that we had to endure just like we have to endure with Cersei.

Best warriors

Barristan Selmy

Jamie Lannister (before his hand was cut off)

Greatjon Umber

The Hound

The Red Viper

The Mountain

Brienne

Garlan Tyrell (suppose to be better than Loras)

Strong Belwas

Grey Worm

Daario

Bronn

Best of them all was Ser Arthur Dayne but he's dead

awesome list, arthur dayne was a badass. garlan tyrell is someone i wish was in the show, leading the tyrell/lannister vanguard at the battle of blackwater just shows how awesome of a warrior he is. greatjon in the show wasnt at the red wedding was he? so who knows where he is :lol: one i think is pretty cool but not in the show yet is

areo hotah, dealing with the red viper and the sand snakes everyday for years must make you a badass :lol:

i would also like to nominate maege mormont(dacey to a lesser extent) those ladies are tough as hell. also tormund is quite awesome as well.

Wouldn't we assume that

Jon Snow is up there too, assuming his character arc goes either the Azor Ahai or true heir direction in Winds of Winter?

We don't know that

I haven't been impressed with Jon Snow. He can hold his own against other rangers and wildlings but Karl Tanner the fooking legend of Gin Ally would have killed him if he didn't have help.

And in a fair fight Quorin Halfhand would have cut him to shreds.

Halfhand wanted Snow to kill him. But you never know, maybe he gets better. He was trained from a young age. Wasn't it said that Robb was better at the sword? Or was Robb just a better rider?

Edit: Oh wait, Jon actually is better at the sword than Robb. So maybe he's good afterall!

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Here's another one of my far-fetched unlikely theories:

The boy with King Robert's pardon handed it to Barristan...... Robert died before Barristan was "fired." How would the boy know to look for Barristan? (Unless the pardon was signed, but never sent until weeks/months later in which my theory has no ground). So my theory is that the "pardon" is a scheme of Varys's to disrupt Dany's senior leadership, given that Tywin asked Varys to start paying attention to her. But, Jorrah, still being loyal to Dany, perhaps worked out some plan to pretend to be exiled (and have it staged so it was known that it happened) so that he in turn could spy for Dany?

I don't exactly believe this... but I'm trying to figure out why the pardon was given to Barristan, because when Robert signed it Barristan was loyal to the Iron Throne.

EDIT: An astute viewer, and friend, reminded me that Jorrah was actually notified of the pardon back in S1.... but still... why is it reshowing up now? Seems Varysy.

Edited by OmarBradley

Here's another one of my far-fetched unlikely theories:

The boy with King Robert's pardon handed it to Barristan...... Robert died before Barristan was "fired." How would the boy know to look for Barristan? (Unless the pardon was signed, but never sent until weeks/months later in which my theory has no ground). So my theory is that the "pardon" is a scheme of Varys's to disrupt Dany's senior leadership, given that Tywin asked Varys to start paying attention to her. But, Jorrah, still being loyal to Dany, perhaps worked out some plan to pretend to be exiled (and have it staged so it was known that it happened) so that he in turn could spy for Dany?

I don't exactly believe this... but I'm trying to figure out why the pardon was given to Barristan, because when Robert signed it Barristan was loyal to the Iron Throne.

EDIT: An astute viewer, and friend, reminded me that Jorrah was actually notified of the pardon back in S1.... but still... why is it reshowing up now? Seems Varysy.

good observation and a good question about how they knew to find barristan. it could be from tywin since the seal on the paper was of the hand, and it could to be to breed discourse among danys ranks.

at the same time, it is usually varys who has all the spies that bring back information to him. my guess is they knew the reports of yunkai and astapor and meereen was the next logical place to look since it is the biggest slave city in essos. so i could also see varys doing this and maybe introducing a storyline in a different way that will be seen in a future season.

i hope this is something that is explained and not just used as a plot device, since this was a pretty big deviation on how jorah is booted by dany from her inner circle.

Edited by bran

martin said he doesnt believe the show will end in 7 or 8 seasons and that the show will not catch up to the books. the guy is in some serious denial.

"My plan is to finish in seven,” Martin says. “But my original plan was to finish in three. I write the stories and they grow. I deal with certain things and sometimes I find myself not at the end of a story. My plan right now is still seven. But first I have to finish Book Six. Get back to me when I’m half-way through Book Seven and then maybe I’ll tell you something more meaningful.”

" Martin suspects the producers’ plan of making seven seasons will not be enough. “I don’t think it will be enough to tell the story we’re telling in the books,” he says."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/03/george-r-r-martin-ice-and-fire-publishing-plan-game-of-thrones/

He advocates that HBO avoid passing the show by making staggered feature films. But HBO — a television subscription channel first and foremost — hasn't really warmed to that idea of stopping the show for a movie.

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2014/06/george-rr-martin-is-officially-in-denial/372154/

Edited by bran

Well there was a rumour that if the show catches up they would take a year off and do a prequel series based on Robert's Rebellion.

Also casting details for S5 came out yesterday.

Fuck yeah we're getting the Sand Snakes and lots of Dorne next year :awesomeface: