Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q & A with Pedro Pascal:

http://connect.hbo.com/events/game-thrones/q-pedro-pascal/

Man, I loved the actor. I'm still sad and shocked.

Yeah, originally I didn't like his casting for the role as Oberyn. When reading, I pictured the Prince to look at bit more different. With that said,Pascal blew me away!! Easily the best acting job this season. Even above Peter Dinklage.

• Like 1

Let's discuss the way 'The Viper' died. Is that physically possible? I mean, the show is based on fantasy, of course, but should we assume that in a world where dragons are real, a big man like 'The Mountain' can destroy another man's head just like that?

The fight was far too short, should have been 5-10 mins if not longer rather than what we got. In the book it seemed like Oberyn beat the Mountain and toyed with him for a while and I never got that impression here.

This so much!!!

Q & A with Pedro Pascal:

http://connect.hbo.com/events/game-thrones/q-pedro-pascal/

Man, I loved the actor. I'm still sad and shocked.

Yeah, originally I didn't like his casting for the role as Oberyn. When reading, I pictured the Prince to look at bit more different. With that said,Pascal blew me away!! Easily the best acting job this season. Even above Peter Dinklage.

Yeah, what I liked the most about him is that... he was a very slick bastard. He convinced me of his role, entirely.

I was thinking. What about his brother? Will we see him in the upcoming episodes / seasons?

Let's discuss the way 'The Viper' died. Is that physically possible? I mean, the show is based on fantasy, of course, but should we assume that in a world where dragons are real, a big man like 'The Mountain' can destroy another man's head just like that?

I think so, The Mountain (the actor) weighs something like 425 pounds (lets say each arm is 50 pounds each).... and it's a lot of muscle. That sort of force being applied to someone's skull..... yeah I think it's possible.

Let's discuss the way 'The Viper' died. Is that physically possible? I mean, the show is based on fantasy, of course, but should we assume that in a world where dragons are real, a big man like 'The Mountain' can destroy another man's head just like that.

I don't know, but one thing I will say. Bronn could have taken him. If he was confident enough to take on The Hound, who in my opinion, is a much more skilled fighter, he could have taken The Mountain. The key is to not get hit because The Mountain is so strong, that anywhere he gets hit on the torso and head, even with armor and helmet, could kill you from the trauma alone.

Bronn just didn't want to fight for Tyrion, Cersei paid better.

It seemed like the bones around his eye sockets where crushed, but not the actual skull, if that makes sense. It is humanly impossible to crush one's skull, even if you are the strongest man in the world. It takes a lot of pressure. Like 250lbs.

Well, got that one wrong as I predicted the Viper would win. Though once he took his spear out of the Mountain I figured I had guessed wrong. Curious how Tyrion gets out of the situation he now finds himself in. I'm 99 percent sure he doesn't die this season, but then again, you can never predict anything with this show.

That was a big episode for this point in the series. Looking forward to how they're going to top it next week.

Ok so we have two episodes left and if history holds, we are getting "major sh*t" in the 9th and a "wrap it all up" type of episode in the 10th. Going to be long wait for season 5 :(. Anyway, what I want to ask you guys, is with only two episodes to go, what are your Top 3 moments of Season 4?

My Top 3:

1. War of The 5 Kings Play.

The dwarf show during Joffery's wedding. For a minute, I thought they may not do it. Thought it was well shot, clever (the costumes), and love how they showed all of the main audience reactions to the play. Best scene this season by far.

2. Jaime/Tyrion in jail.

Tyrion, "..you really asking if I killed your son?"

Jaime, "..you really asking if I would kill my brother?"

3. Arya/The Hound

"The greatest swordsman that ever lived killed by Meryn Trant..."

Let's discuss the way 'The Viper' died. Is that physically possible? I mean, the show is based on fantasy, of course, but should we assume that in a world where dragons are real, a big man like 'The Mountain' can destroy another man's head just like that.

I don't know, but one thing I will say. Bronn could have taken him. If he was confident enough to take on The Hound, who in my opinion, is a much more skilled fighter, he could have taken The Mountain. The key is to not get hit because The Mountain is so strong, that anywhere he gets hit on the torso and head, even with armor and helmet, could kill you from the trauma alone.

It seemed like the bones around his eye sockets where crushed, but not the actual skull, if that makes sense. It is humanly impossible to crush one's skull, even if you are the strongest man in the world. It takes a lot of pressure. Like 250lbs.

No way Bronn could take the Mountain.

Oberyn would beat Bronn, Jaimie would, and so would Loras....probably Ned would.

The only reason Bronn survived in the Vale was because he fought like a b**** and the Moon Door.

The reason Bronn doesn't fight for Tyrion is not the money, but because he knows if he does, he will die.

Well, got that one wrong as I predicted the Viper would win. Though once he took his spear out of the Mountain I figured I had guessed wrong. Curious how Tyrion gets out of the situation he now finds himself in. I'm 99 percent sure he doesn't die this season, but then again, you can never predict anything with this show.

That was a big episode for this point in the series. Looking forward to how they're going to top it next week.

When reading the books, I saw the Red Wedding coming when it happened, but didn't see Oberyn's death. I was legit surprised when I read it.

Ned? Ned could not take The Mountain unless he had other guys with him. Bronn won against Ser Vardis because he wore light armor, no helmet and shield and just let the knight tire him self out. He would wound Ser Vardis when he exposed himself, causing him to bleed and slow down. Then he kills the guy. Had nothing to do with The Moon Door. Bronn just fought smart.

Also, only an idiot would fight in close quarters with full armor. Vardis was asking for it.

Ned? Ned could not take The Mountain unless he had other guys with him. Bronn won against Ser Vardis because he wore light armor, no helmet and shield and just let the knight tire him self out. He would wound Ser Vardis when he exposed himself, causing him to bleed and slow down. Then he kills the guy. Had nothing to do with The Moon Door. Bronn just fought smart.

Also, only an idiot would fight in close quarters with full armor. Vardis was asking for it.

No , I didn't mean that Ned could take the Mountain. I was saying that I think he could probably take Bronn.

I think the list of the people that could take the Mountain probably only has 5 to 6 names on it; Barristan, Jaime/uncut, Oberyn, The Hound, Greatjon, and maybe..A BIG MAYBE..Loras in a (fair) sword fight, no jousting.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I think so, The Mountain (the actor) weighs something like 425 pounds (lets say each arm is 50 pounds each).... and it's a lot of muscle. That sort of force being applied to someone's skull..... yeah I think it's possible.

No. Like former Stannis Baratheon user said, it's physically impossible but I guess it just goes along with the fantasy of the entire show. I'm sad, man. Very sad.

I hear you. Oberyn was so obsessed with avenging her sister that it ended up being his Achilles heel. He dominated the fight, although it was very short for my taste.

I looked closely to his skull and I think it was crushed but anyways, it's just one of those stupid reactions where you go and say "that's not possible" when the show is filled with dragons and white walkers. :lol:

• Like 1

No. Like former Stannis Baratheon user said, it's physically impossible but I guess it just goes along with the fantasy of the entire show. I'm sad, man. Very sad.

In the book (I haven't read it, just listened to the snipped Bran posted), he was wearing something like this (maybe over the whole finger though, as it said specifically mentioned metal pressing into his eyes):

stock-photo-knight-iron-glove-17763592.j

With those on? A guy that size definitely could. They really amped up the brutality... I knew he was going to die (I accidentally saw Pedro's "ouch" Twitter post, but I'd figured it anyway) but I was still totally floored by the sound of the skull and the screams as his fingers dug deeper into those sockets. Honestly, the image has been burned into my brain for 12 hours now. :lol:

yeah those screams and that scene still freak me out a bit. they really upped the gore for that scene when some of us were worried they would tone it down a bit :lol: i dont know if it is possible to die like that but in the book, the mountain basically finished off the red viper by bashing his head in with a full steel plate gauntlet. i just like how they changed it and took it to a whole nother level.

No , I didn't mean that Ned could take the Mountain. I was saying that I think he could probably take Bronn.

I think the list of the people that could take the Mountain probably only has 5 to 6 names on it; Barristan, Jaime/uncut, Oberyn, The Hound, Greatjon, and maybe..A BIG MAYBE..Loras in a (fair) sword fight, no jousting.

Ah The Greatjon. I miss him. The greatest warrior in The North. Where the fuck is he?

In the book (I haven't read it, just listened to the snipped Bran posted), he was wearing something like this (maybe over the whole finger though, as it said specifically mentioned metal pressing into his eyes):

stock-photo-knight-iron-glove-17763592.j

With those on? A guy that size definitely could. They really amped up the brutality... I knew he was going to die (I accidentally saw Pedro's "ouch" Twitter post, but I'd figured it anyway) but I was still totally floored by the sound of the skull and the screams as his fingers dug deeper into those sockets. Honestly, the image has been burned into my brain for 12 hours now. :lol:

Yeah I heard the link bran posted and it seemed to say he was wearing steel gauntlets. I was not sober when I was watching last night, I was genuinely horrified for the rest of the night :lol:. Feel a bit better today, but it's like suffering The Red Wedding all over again.

I take solace in the fact that from a warriors view, Oberyn was the better/more skilled warrior. His emotion got in the way of finishing of Gregor, and he paid the price for it; his fault. Still sucks though. I loved watching Jamie as a spectator during the fight, he seemed like he was greatly enjoying the spectacle.

I agree that the fight should have been longer. Way too much time on Grey Worm/Missandei.

Ah The Greatjon. I miss him. The greatest warrior in The North. Where the fuck is he?

Hanging out with Blackfish maybe?

Best warriors

Barristan Selmy

Jamie Lannister (before his hand was cut off)

Greatjon Umber

The Hound

The Red Viper

The Mountain

Brienne

Garlan Tyrell (suppose to be better than Loras)

Strong Belwas

Grey Worm

Daario

Bronn

Best of them all was Ser Arthur Dayne but he's dead

Best warriors

Barristan Selmy

Jamie Lannister (before his hand was cut off)

Greatjon Umber

The Hound

The Red Viper

The Mountain

Brienne

Garlan Tyrell (suppose to be better than Loras)

Strong Belwas

Grey Worm

Daario

Bronn

Best of them all was Ser Arthur Dayne but he's dead

C'mon dude, no love for Loras? I haven't read the books in a minute, but one of the things I remember about his character, was not only was he handsome, but he was a damn good swordsman.

Jaime talked about him so much in his POVs, I thought he was jealous.

On your list I would put him between the Red Viper and the Mountain.