Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been covering up Cersei's sexual promiscuity so far. I guess it happens if the showrunners are sympathetic towards the character

book spoiler:

they have covered up a lot of tyrions misgivings as well.
Which ones?

book spoiler:

having the singer chopped up and thrown into a pot of stew, tyrion slapping shae, poisoning cersei are the notable ones

They've been covering up Cersei's sexual promiscuity so far. I guess it happens if the showrunners are sympathetic towards the character

book spoiler:

Which ones?

book spoiler:

having the singer chopped up and thrown into a pot of stew, tyrion slapping shae, poisoning cersei are the notable ones
I forgot about the singer! Why did he do that?

book spoiler:

Which ones?

book spoiler:

book spoiler:

symon wanted to be a part of the tournament of singers at joffery's wedding or he would tell tywin and cersei about shae. tyrion agrees to let him sing, and then has bronn kill him and chuck him into a pot of brown in flea bottom

I know this is pretty far-fetched, but I've had this theory since seeing the last episode. Could it be possible that this was Tywin's plan all along? That scene in episode 3(I think) where he talks to Oberyn about being a judge, I seem to remember him saying that he will give him the opportunity for revenge.... and it just so happens that Cersei chooses The Mountain as her warrior.... perhaps at the advisement of Tywin? Tywin's smart, he probably knew Tyrion's pride would not permit him to accept exile to the wall.

book spoiler:

Which ones?

book spoiler:

book spoiler:

symon wanted to be a part of the tournament of singers at joffery's wedding or he would tell tywin and cersei about shae. tyrion agrees to let him sing, and then has bronn kill him and chuck him into a pot of brown in flea bottom

I just jerked it to Dinklage's dinklage
  • Like 1

I know this is pretty far-fetched, but I've had this theory since seeing the last episode. Could it be possible that this was Tywin's plan all along? That scene in episode 3(I think) where he talks to Oberyn about being a judge, I seem to remember him saying that he will give him the opportunity for revenge.... and it just so happens that Cersei chooses The Mountain as her warrior.... perhaps at the advisement of Tywin? Tywin's smart, he probably knew Tyrion's pride would not permit him to accept exile to the wall.

in the book tyrion promises the martells they can have their revenge on who killed elia and her children, and the martells agree to swear allegiance to joffery and help them in the war by posting soldiers in the passes of the dornish marches to stop the march lords from going over to stannis. part of the stipulation was that doran martell(oberyns brother and prince of dorne) would have a seat on the small council. doran is sickly and suffers from gout so he sends oberyn in his stead.

tywin knows all about the deal, and was going to lie to oberyn and tell oberyn that amory lorch killed elia and her children( the guy that arya had killed at harrenhall with a blow dart, in the book he is eaten by a bear :lol:) so lorch being dead it would be tough shit for the martells. tywin tried to keep the mountain away and keeps him at harrenhal and away from oberyn. cersei though wants the mountain since he is the most feared fighter in the seven kingdoms, is tywins personal attack dog, and someone that would scare people shitless and not want to face, cersei did this to keep bronn away, and in doing so sent him away to marry lollys stokeworth.

at this time oberyn knew the mountain would fight for cersei, so oberyn tells tyrion that he will be his champion if tyrion tells him who killed his sister and her children. tyrion tells oberyn that lorch killed rhaenys but the mountain killed elia and aegon.

so in the book tywin didnt want the mountain near kings landing, but in the tv show i honestly dont know. i dont know if the tv producers felt it wasnt worth explaining all this or if they thought no one would care :lol:

Yeah I figured it was far-fetched, sans knowledge of the books it seems plausible, but given everything bran just said... it seems less likely.

yeah but with it being cut from the show who knows what tv tywin was thinking compared to book tywin :lol:

as for the winds of winter, reading the latest news it is really disheartening. 168 pages received and nothing for 15 months? why write the world of ice and fire companion book when the show is catching up and you still have 2(more likely 3) books to finish the series?

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

I think the more pressure put on him, the slower he writes. I think his World of Ice and Fire is a waste of time, I think writing Dunk and Egg is also a waste of time. He's not getting younger and he acts like he has the rest of his life to do it.

I think the more pressure put on him, the slower he writes. I think his World of Ice and Fire is a waste of time, I think writing Dunk and Egg is also a waste of time. He's not getting younger and he acts like he has the rest of his life to do it.

if martin was in his 40s or whatever i wouldn't care in terms of taking his time or even if he had a plan for if he did pass away away like robert jordan had with the wheel of time series, so another writer could finish the series with extensive notes from martin.

if there is even a small chance that the series will keep up with the show, TWOW had to be ideally released this year, or at the very, very least early 2015, and hope since martin says he knows the ending for most of the characters that a dream of spring would come out within three years.

Maybe it will be different endings?

Why not? They've already changed enough. It is funny how that even HBO had to tone down the content of the books.

I suppose Oberyn's death won't be as graphic. That was like Star Trek Into Darkness where Khan crushes Robocop's skull

Yeah I figured it was far-fetched, sans knowledge of the books it seems plausible, but given everything bran just said... it seems less likely.

yeah but with it being cut from the show who knows what tv tywin was thinking compared to book tywin :lol:

as for the winds of winter, reading the latest news it is really disheartening. 168 pages received and nothing for 15 months? why write the world of ice and fire companion book when the show is catching up and you still have 2(more likely 3) books to finish the series?

Writer's block?

at this time oberyn knew the mountain would fight for cersei, so oberyn tells tyrion that he will be his champion if tyrion tells him who killed his sister and her children. tyrion tells oberyn that lorch killed rhaenys but the mountain killed elia and aegon.

so in the book tywin didnt want the mountain near kings landing, but in the tv show i honestly dont know. i dont know if the tv producers felt it wasnt worth explaining all this or if they thought no one would care :lol:

Tywin was rather attatched to his Mountain.

All the more reason why Tywin would want this fight to happen, I didn't say Tywin wanted Oberyn to win. If the Mountain wins (I unfortunately think he will), it takes care of one of Tywin's many problems (albeit a relatively minor one compared to his others).

Edited by OmarBradley