Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

some casting spoiler from ASOIAF

looks like jaqen h'ghar is coming back for a big role in season 5. rumors and speculation is that he will take over for the kindly man that arya trains with

no news on arianne

no news on any of the greyjoys.

myrcella has been recast and will be played by nell tiger free

Please dont say more about "her" or what will happen when talking about her, because thats the only spoiler I know haha.

It sucks... should have more episodes, theyre rushing it.

fucking bullshit, if this holds true the people making this show made a big mistake.

I haven't even read the books that this upsets me, I'm hoping its just damage control from Lena Headey giving the spoiler, and that she will show up.

it takes away a cool moment from the show watchers. the way the character was introduced was haunting, creepy and shocking. it just takes away something i think the show watchers would have really liked.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some casting spoiler from ASOIAF

looks like jaqen h'ghar is coming back for a big role in season 5. rumors and speculation is that he will take over for the kindly man that arya trains with

no news on arianne

no news on any of the greyjoys.

myrcella has been recast and will be played by nell tiger free

Please dont say more about "her" or what will happen when talking about her, because thats the only spoiler I know haha.

It sucks... should have more episodes, theyre rushing it.

fucking bullshit, if this holds true the people making this show made a big mistake.

I haven't even read the books that this upsets me, I'm hoping its just damage control from Lena Headey giving the spoiler, and that she will show up.

it takes away a cool moment from the show watchers. the way the character was introduced was haunting, creepy and shocking. it just takes away something i think the show watchers would have really liked.

Is it important for the story? or is just a cool bit?

it is pretty important to the story with how AFFC ends and the one part of ADWD. it is setting up a pretty big moment in the books it seems. also there is two more books to be written so who knows what the character will do in the books. i doubt the character was re introduced to be useless IMO.

Edited by bran

I'm not bothered much by it. But what do I know. I didn't read the books.

Just seems like it would be super cheesy. And if they didn't do it by now I doubt they're doing it. Pretty much everyone who didn't already know does now.

i tried to keep it ambiguous to avoid spoiling those who didn't know :lol: i honestly didn't see it as cheesy since the character that comes back is far from the same person. It comes back to the whole life for death, coming back and losing a part of yourself mantra that is a running them threw the story. plus the character has a pretty big plotline involving 2 main characters.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Obviously they want to eliminate certain characters in order to give Lena more screentime. She was only second to Peter Dinklage this last season. Pretty much half her scenes were unnecessary. She must be fucking the producers.

She was billed third. Nikolaj was second.

Speaking of technicalities, as of the latest episode The Wall now features the most main cast members instead of Kings Landing making it the first time KL has not been the central location since Episode 2.

The Wall

Davos Seaworth

Gilly

Jon Snow

Melisandre

Samwell Tarley

Stannis Baratheon

Tormund Giantsbane

Kings Landing

Bronn

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Margery Tyrell

I'm fashionably late to the party on this. Just started watching season 2 - pretty good so far.

Hah, bit more than fashionably. Anyway I liked S2 a lot, but I was pretty let down by S3. But, don't let that get you, S4 might be my favorite yet. Although other posts have disagreed about S3/S4.

I'm fashionably late to the party on this. Just started watching season 2 - pretty good so far.

Hah, bit more than fashionably. Anyway I liked S2 a lot, but I was pretty let down by S3. But, don't let that get you, S4 might be my favorite yet. Although other posts have disagreed about S3/S4.

Don't worry, this show has been built up so much by nearly everyone around me that I've already decided that I'll watch all the seasons even in the event that one of the seasons is not on par with the others.

Michael Slovis of Breaking Bad will be directing a few episodes next season.

http://www.marieclaire.com/blog/game-of-thrones-season-5?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1449_69797753

Michelle Maclaren also of Breaking Bad has directed four episodes in Season four will be returning. Alex Graves won't be back until season 6 has he directed half the season.

Also David Nutter is coming back. I hope they can get Tim Van Patten for next season. He probably will want a breaking finishing Boardwalk Empire

Rewatching the series now, in the middle of S2E1 right now. I've had a few questions for the the pro's here, now that I can actually follow what's going on in the early seasons, but none of them bothered me enough to warrant a post; but now I've got one. There's a short scene where the camera follows the POV of a dire wolf in the Godswood (while Bran is sleeping). I noticed though, the wolf looks up to the sky for a few seconds and sees what appears to be a meteor, I don't recall this being elaborated on, does this have to do with Bloodraven?

EDIT: Should have waited for the next scene, it appears the meteor was real and not just in Bran's dream and it supposedly signifies "dragons." But why explicitly point it out in his dream?

Edited by OmarBradley

it is something that is really an unknown. in the book like the show it means something different to everyone. old nan tells bran it is dragons and osha tells him it means blood and fire. old nan and osha seem to know more of the "old ways" and things of the past so i tend to believe thats what it means. blood and fire is something that runs through the story, and usually relates to dragons in some way. fire and blood being the house targaryen motto, plus it relating to something else further in the story i will not spoil.