Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Season 5 will finally level the playing field for those who watch the tv shows and those who read the books.

Martin admits that characters will die in Season 5 who haven't died in the books yet:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/15/game-of-thrones-season-5-deaths_n_6688782.html

this started with last season so drastic changes to the story are nothing new(actually really in season 1). i kind of like it since martin takes forever to write the books having some big changes from show to book is fine with me if it fits with the tv show's current story. the thing is when the show kind of free forms and goes way from the books to create its own content it has been pretty lackluster, yara's attack on the dreadfort to save theon comes to mind. martin also said i think as far back as season 2 that having loras as an only son in the show was going to effect the story later on as well.

as for who dies i have some guesses. i think for the most part we will get a couple secondary characters dying. i think they will mostly be characters who are out of place in terms of story compared to their book counterparts. i think a couple will be minor characters that will die in the place of another character or in a different way IE amory lorch.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Interesting... Yeah, I'll be honest and only read the first couple of lines of that article when I posted it. I went back and read the rest of the article and realized it's happened before. Was hoping to see major developments happen on the tv show so that all of my friends who read the books can flip out on Facebook :shades:

• Like 1

Interesting... Yeah, I'll be honest and only read the first couple of lines of that article when I posted it. I went back and read the rest of the article and realized it's happened before. Was hoping to see major developments happen on the tv show so that all of my friends who read the books can flip out on Facebook :shades:

people who spoil the show on facebook are pricks :lol:

I haven't read the books (yet), so it's fine with me. Like Maisie Williams once said: "That’s why I liked moments like this, because book readers think they know what’s coming, then we change it and it’s really funny to watch their reactions. They’re always like, ‘That’s not what happened in the books, so the show’s really bad now.’ But really, they just feel insecure because they’re used to knowing what’s coming next."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones until 12 days ago when on on a whim I decided to buy all 4 seasons on dvd. I won't say I'm completely blown away by it but I am addicted to it. I crushed all 4 seasons in 12 days. Being able to watch it that way works incredible well. Now if I had to sit throw four seasons and watch it one episode at a time week to week I don't think I would have ever got into it but the way I was able to watch them one right after another was awesome. I do love this series but I won't watch season 5 on tv. I'll wait for it to come out on dvd and watch it that way. It does suck though knowing I have to wait a year when season five starts next month but I have no desire to watch this one week at a time so..... What I probably will do though is between now and when season 5 comes out on dvd I will probably watch every episode again and of course I'll watch all the extras on the dvds so I will have my Game of Thrones fix for the year.

What I really like about this series is the fact anyone can(and does) die at any given moment.

• Like 1

The first 3 episode synopsis and the title for the 4th episode have popped up online.

Season 5 Episode 1: “The Wars to Come”: Cersei and Jaime adjust to a world without Tywin. Varys reveals a conspiracy to Tyrion. Dany faces a new threat to her rule. Jon is caught between two kings. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michael Slovis.)

Season 5 Episode 2: “The House of Black and White”: Arya arrives in Braavos. Pod and Brienne run into trouble on the road. Cersei fears for her daughter’s safety in Dorne as Ellaria Sand seeks revenge for Oberyn’s death. Stannis tempts Jon. An adviser tempts Dany. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michael Slovis.)

Season 5 Episode 3: “High Sparrow”: In Braavos, Arya sees the Many-Faced God. In King’s Landing, Queen Margaery enjoys her new husband. Tyrion and Varys walk the Long Bridge of Volantis. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.)

Season 5 Episode 4: “The Sons of the Harpy”: Not yet available.

Source: http://watchersonthewall.com/first-three-episode-titles-game-thrones-season-5-revealed/

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Wait, Varys has gone with Tyrion in this version of events?

In the show that is what happened. I never read the books, didn't realize that wasn't how it was originally.

in the book varys sends tyrion to another group but that group has been cut from the show i think.

In the show that is what happened. I never read the books, didn't realize that wasn't how it was originally.

in the book varys sends tyrion to another group but that group has been cut from the show i think.

There's speculation/rumours that Trystane takes the role of Aegon instead as the big reveal in episode 10, which would have let them cut Arianne too since it look's like her character ends up as a subplot/bridge to link Dorne to Aegon (in the WOW preview chapters). No idea if it's true.

Not sure what happens with Vary's in the end, but I bet he kills Pycelle/Kevan anyway in a version of the Dance epilogue.

I think they just want a familiar face interacting with Tyrion in the first part of the season. Supposedly the conversation that Tyrion/Vary's have in the trailer is still at Illyrio's.

Anyone have any guesses on how season 5 ends? Despite the changes, it look's like this season is still keeping most of the major moments from ADWD anyway, but where does it go from there?

There's speculation/rumours that Trystane takes the role of Aegon instead as the big reveal in episode 10, which would have let them cut Arianne too since it look's like her character ends up as a subplot/bridge to link Dorne to Aegon (in the WOW preview chapters). No idea if it's true.

Not sure what happens with Vary's in the end, but I bet he kills Pycelle/Kevan anyway in a version of the Dance epilogue.

I think they just want a familiar face interacting with Tyrion in the first part of the season. Supposedly the conversation that Tyrion/Vary's have in the trailer is still at Illyrio's.

Anyone have any guesses on how season 5 ends? Despite the changes, it look's like this season is still keeping most of the major moments from ADWD anyway, but where does it go from there?

Although I haven't read the books, some accidental spoilers have slipped through. My guess is it ends with Jon being stabbed, or is that the wrong book?

:lol:

Although I haven't read the books, some accidental spoilers have slipped through. My guess is it ends with Jon being stabbed, or is that the wrong book?

It's the right book, but that's more a episode 9 moment. I don't think this show can end with a cliffhanger over whether or not a character is dead, given he'd be easy to spot when they film July-December.

The show has to answer the question.

It's the right book, but that's more a episode 9 moment. I don't think this show can end with a cliffhanger over whether or not a character is dead, given he'd be easy to spot when they film July-December.

The show has to answer the question.

That's a good point about the filming.

And there was an announcement (I forget by who) saying characters will die this season who are not yet dead in the books.

HBO said yesterday that the new season of Game of Thrones will be simulcast in only 170 countries or so to reduce piracy.

However Sky here in the UK won't, they're not going to broadcast it until the next night. Which given a large percentage of the show is made here in Northern Ireland is kind of ironic :(.

Edited by AtariLegend