Jack White

Dan H.

This is a fucking fantastic LP. Three Women and Alone In My Home are immedate favorites.

Alone in My Home is sooooooooo good.

It's one of my favourites too.

Also digging I Think I Found The Culprit....

Birds of a feather may lay together, but the uglier one is always under the gun

• Like 1

This is a fucking fantastic LP. Three Women and Alone In My Home are immedate favorites.

I love the way they hold the last guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!

• Like 1

I love the way they hold the last guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!

The only tunes I'm not wild about right now are Entitlement and Want & Able. The 7" that came with the Vault Package has a demo of Entitlement that I actually like better than the album version.

The rest of the album is fucking amazing.

Nice! It shows up very well on the standard (black) ultra LP.

I planned on picking up a standard LP next week, so that's good to know.

• Like 1

The only tunes I'm not wild about right now are Entitlement and Want & Able.

Spot on. I've listened to the album a number of times now, in various places and with differing levels of attention. Entitlement isn't bad in the background, but once you listen closely, and especially with some of those cringeworthy lyrics, it's no good. Want & Able is pretty irredeemable.

The rest of the album is a whole lot of fun.

I think Would You Fight For My Love? is my favorite song on the album. Didn't think anything would top Lazaretto (the song) but i just can't stop playing WYFFML!

Two friends of mine have said the same thing. Alone In My Home and Three Women are still my current favorites. I've actually spent a lot less time with this album than I wanted to over the weekend. Hoping to get more time with it tonight or tomorrow.

My man was on The Tonight Show last night. Did an interview and performed Lazaretto. A performance of Just One Drink is on tonightshow.com as well.

Didn't know that. I'll have to check it out.

Heads up on tonight's action:

http://www.npr.org/event/music/319666614/live-tuesday-jack-white-in-concert

I won't be able to watch since it doesn't start til almost 1am EST and I need to catch a plane at 6am, but I'm assuming it'll be on the torrents within a day or so.

• Like 1

He'll be on Conan tomorrow night, need to remember to set the DVR for that. He also added some North American Tour dates just now:

August 18: Midland Theatre in Kansas City, MO
August 20: Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO
August 23: Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, CA
August 25: Paramount Theater in Seattle, WA
August 26: Paramount Theater in Seattle, WA
August 28: Deer Lake Park in Vancouver, BC
September 14: Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD
September 17: The Bleacher Theater at Fenway Park in Boston, MA

I'm going to the July 31st show in Toronto. Got good seats via Vault presale. I think I might skip the live-stream so it's all new to me (even though he changes it up).

I watched the Amex Unstaged show on the last tour and listened to it several times leading up seeing him in Detroit. I still had a great time at the show even knowing some of the different live arrangements ahead of time. What you're saying crossed my mind for this tour, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and torrent the live stream in a day or so anyway.

• Like 1

I'm going to the July 31st show in Toronto. Got good seats via Vault presale. I think I might skip the live-stream so it's all new to me (even though he changes it up).

I watched the Amex Unstaged show on the last tour and listened to it several times leading up seeing him in Detroit. I still had a great time at the show even knowing some of the different live arrangements ahead of time. What you're saying crossed my mind for this tour, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and torrent the live stream in a day or so anyway.

I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Edit: i notice that you also got the Lazaretto single. How much was that and is it worth getting for the b-side? I'm not that big on 45's unless it's different from the album version.

Edited by Coma16

As far as I know, this will only be the 2nd ever show done with Fenway's "Bleacher Theater" style, after Dropkick Murphys did it in 2011. Should be awesome. Here's a view of how the stage is set up over the bullpens in right field:

bossmurph_2011.jpg

edit: This apparently came about because Jack knew about the Dropkick shows and so he asked if he could do the same thing. Pretty cool.

Edited by Mansin Humanity
  • Like 1

Set list:

Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground
High Ball Stepper
Lazaretto
Hotel Yorba
Temporary Ground
You Know That I Know
Missing Pieces
You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)
Cannon/Pipeline/Fell In Love With A Girl
Three Women
Alone In My Home
We're Going To Be Friends
Top Yourself
I'm Slowly Turning Into You
Ball And Biscuit
Icky Thump
Love Interruption
You've Got Her In Your Pocket
Steady, As She Goes (partial)
Little Bird