Jack White

Dan H.

Nice! Which of the 2 did you prefer (and why)? Don't text while driving. We can wait till you get home!

I'm so excited for tonight's show! Anyone else going?

Monday was awesome but last night destroyed it. The whole vibe of the show, the set list, just everything.

I'm done driving now everyone lol. Met up with a co worker who is driving for the rest of the day, so we're set now.

This guy's too productive!

It's hard getting into him with all of these releases. Just listened to his debut solo album, was pretty good. Don't really know where to start with him. I was a casual White Stripes fan but even getting into them are like 6-7 albums. Might as well go the solo route and back.

6-7 records, imagine getting into Tom Waits lol. You need like a book or something with that guy.

But anyway, I'd say start with White Blood Cells and Elephant, those are probably their most accessible

albums. The first 2 are a bit raw but definitely worth checking out as well. Jack also was in a few bands

before the White Stripes, one being The Upholsterers which was basically TWS with a different drummer (altho

they only made 2-3 songs)

Great track, i completely forgot about that one.

i saw TWS in 2005. One of the best gigs ever for me.

I hope my schedule works out so that I can catch him in Boston.

yo

That's right. Are you going to both? Mygnr meetup if I can make it. I'm aiming for the Fenway show, I think.

Hold up, both? I thought it was just Fenway.

You're right. I misread.

• Like 1

Here's the latest from setlist.fm, I'm reasonably sure this is accurate:

Fell In Love With a Girl
Astro
The Big Three Killed My Baby
High Ball Stepper
Lazaretto
Missing Pieces
Just One Drink
Hotel Yorba
You Know That I Know
Love Interruption
Weep Themselves To Sleep
I Cut Like A Buffalo With The Dead Weather
Cannon
Icky Thump
Screwdriver
Ramblin' Man
Apple Blossom
Three Women
The Same Boy You've Always Known
We're Going to Be Friends
Sugar Never Tasted So Good
Entitlement
Alone In My Home
Steady, As She Goes
Ball and Biscuit / The Lemon Song

Encore:

The Hardest Button To Button
Sixteen Saltines / Devil's Haircut
Hypocritical Kiss
That Black Bat Licorice
Would You Fight For My Love?
Blue Blood Blues
You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)
My Doorbell
I Fought Piranhas
Seven Nation Army

Show last night was great but it was only just over 2 hours (still a little jealous of Russ). It was a very tight show and no filler at all. My seats were amazing but I couldn't believe how crazy the GA was going all night! Glad I didn't opt for GA as my gf wouldn't have liked it.

The only songs that I really wanted to hear that weren't played were Three Women, Hardest Button, Death Letter and Trash Talking Tongue (didn't expect the last 2 to be played). Blue Blood Blues would have been great as well but I saw it last time so I'm not too bummed out that it wasn't played. I was really glad to see Would You Fight For My Love? live!

Here is the posted setlist but I can't remember if it's 100%

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
Lazaretto
High Ball Stepper
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Temporary Ground
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Missing Pieces
Apple Blossom (The White Stripes song)
The Rose With the Broken Neck
Cannon (The White Stripes song)
Astro (The White Stripes song)
Just One Drink
You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told) (The White Stripes song)
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs song)
I'm Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)
Encore:
Icky Thump (The White Stripes song)
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes song)
Alone in My Home
We're Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes song)
Love Interruption
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs song)
Hello Operator (The White Stripes song)
Would You Fight for My Love?
That Black Bat Licorice
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)

Show last night was great but it was only just over 2 hours (still a little jealous of Russ). It was a very tight show and no filler at all. My seats were amazing but I couldn't believe how crazy the GA was going all night! Glad I didn't opt for GA as my gf wouldn't have liked it.

The only songs that I really wanted to hear that weren't played were Three Women, Hardest Button, Death Letter and Trash Talking Tongue (didn't expect the last 2 to be played). Blue Blood Blues would have been great as well but I saw it last time so I'm not too bummed out that it wasn't played. I was really glad to see Would You Fight For My Love? live!

Here is the posted setlist but I can't remember if it's 100%

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)

Lazaretto

High Ball Stepper

Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)

Temporary Ground

Weep Themselves to Sleep

Missing Pieces

Apple Blossom (The White Stripes song)

The Rose With the Broken Neck

Cannon (The White Stripes song)

Astro (The White Stripes song)

Just One Drink

You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told) (The White Stripes song)

Top Yourself (The Raconteurs song)

I'm Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)

Encore:

Icky Thump (The White Stripes song)

Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes song)

Alone in My Home

We're Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes song)

Love Interruption

Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs song)

Hello Operator (The White Stripes song)

Would You Fight for My Love?

That Black Bat Licorice

Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)

Sounds like a solid show, but I'm very surprised that you didn't get Three Women! Glad to see you got That Black Bat Licorice, Alone In My Home and Would You Fight For My Love though. You also got Hello Operator which I was surprised he didn't bust out here.

• Like 1

Russ (or anyone who has seen JW this tour) - which Lazaretto songs did you like better live? I'll list the ones I heard and my thoughts about each one.

Lazaretto - love it both studio and live. Neither shines that much more one way for me

Temporary Ground - I like the studio but loved it live.

WYFFML - love both but was a little surprised that it held its ground in a live setting!

High Ball Stepper - I like the studio but loved it live. So much more improvisation live!

Just One Drink - studio is decent but it absolutely rocked live!

Alone in my Home - I think this didn't work as well live. Or better yet, I just didn't appreciate it as much as the studio

That Black Bat Licorice - not really a fan a of the studio version but it too rocked in a live setting.

I hope my schedule works out so that I can catch him in Boston.

yo

That's right. Are you going to both? Mygnr meetup if I can make it. I'm aiming for the Fenway show, I think.

Hold up, both? I thought it was just Fenway.

You're right. I misread.

Alright word. I haven't bought tickets yet but I'm looking to go. We'll be in touch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have any of you guys received VP-21 yet?

VP-22 looks EPIC!!!

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/vault-package-22/

resizedimage600502-Vault22-webmockup-100

On June 14th of this year, Jack White unleashed what was arguably one of the best performances in the 13 year history of the Bonnaroo festival.

In an expansive field in Manchester, TN, filled with approximately 70,000 fans, White let loose a tour-de-force, 26-song, two-hour and forty-five minute career-spanning set. From White Stripes songs like “Hotel Yorba” and “Icky Thump” to Raconteurs numbers such as “Top Yourself” and “Steady, As She Goes” through “Blue Blood Blues” by the Dead Weather…not to mention a wide selection of his solo material and covers of two surf rock classics “Pipeline” by the Chantays and “Misirlou” by Dick Dale. And Led Zeppelin’s “The Lemon Song”? He did that too.

In order to celebrate a show of such historical heft, Third Man Records has decided to dedicate the entirety of its 22nd Vault package to this performance.

Three vinyl LPs (white, blue and black), housed in a soft-touch, telescoping box, topped off with a lenticular television on the cover…this is by far the most ambitious Vault package yet. The audio has been mixed by Third Man’s in house engineer, three time Grammy Award-winner Vance Powell and stands as a marked improvement over the on-the-fly board mix heard in webcasts, YouTube uploads and shady downloads.

In addition, there will be a DVD of the FULL performance, re-edited from the original raw footage by Brad Holland (filmmaker extraordinaire), for a truly memorable visual document of the evening.

We could’ve stopped there…but anything worth doing is worth overdoing, right?

Also included in the package will be four high-quality 8x10 photographs from the evening shot by David Swanson. Suitable for framing, timeless, these will increase the value of your home tenfold.

(said to the guys in production) “Is that all? NO?!?!? Are you kidding me? What else could we offer?”

Apparently we’ve lost our minds and gone as for to include a customized Jack White patch, a replica backstage pass sticker AND a poster in this beast of a package.

You want a custom-designed USB with super-secret extra added bonus materials too? Have at it.

If this package doesn’t make you happy…nothing will. Subscriptions are open now, get yours in before the October 31st deadline.

Vault22 webmockup 1000

Jack White Live From Bonnaroo setlist:

Icky Thump
High Ball Stepper
Lazaretto
Hotel Yorba
Temporary Ground
Missing Pieces
Steady, As She Goes
Top Yourself
I’m Slowly Turning Into You
Freedom at 21
Three Women
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)
We’re Going to Be Friends
Alone in My Home
Ball and Biscuit
The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)

Encore:
The Hardest Button to Button
Hello Operator
Pipeline (The Chantays)
Misirlou (Dick Dale)
Sixteen Saltines
Cannon
Blue Blood Blues
Astro
Love Interruption
Little Bird
Seven Nation Army

Edited by Coma16

Russ (or anyone who has seen JW this tour) - which Lazaretto songs did you like better live? I'll list the ones I heard and my thoughts about each one.

Lazaretto - love it both studio and live. Neither shines that much more one way for me

Temporary Ground - I like the studio but loved it live.

WYFFML - love both but was a little surprised that it held its ground in a live setting!

High Ball Stepper - I like the studio but loved it live. So much more improvisation live!

Just One Drink - studio is decent but it absolutely rocked live!

Alone in my Home - I think this didn't work as well live. Or better yet, I just didn't appreciate it as much as the studio

That Black Bat Licorice - not really a fan a of the studio version but it too rocked in a live setting.

Not sure how I missed this post. I really like all the studio version but I agree that they all take on a new life live.

Have any of you guys received VP-21 yet?

VP-22 looks EPIC!!!

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/vault-package-22/

resizedimage600502-Vault22-webmockup-100

On June 14th of this year, Jack White unleashed what was arguably one of the best performances in the 13 year history of the Bonnaroo festival.

In an expansive field in Manchester, TN, filled with approximately 70,000 fans, White let loose a tour-de-force, 26-song, two-hour and forty-five minute career-spanning set. From White Stripes songs like “Hotel Yorba” and “Icky Thump” to Raconteurs numbers such as “Top Yourself” and “Steady, As She Goes” through “Blue Blood Blues” by the Dead Weather…not to mention a wide selection of his solo material and covers of two surf rock classics “Pipeline” by the Chantays and “Misirlou” by Dick Dale. And Led Zeppelin’s “The Lemon Song”? He did that too.

In order to celebrate a show of such historical heft, Third Man Records has decided to dedicate the entirety of its 22nd Vault package to this performance.

Three vinyl LPs (white, blue and black), housed in a soft-touch, telescoping box, topped off with a lenticular television on the cover…this is by far the most ambitious Vault package yet. The audio has been mixed by Third Man’s in house engineer, three time Grammy Award-winner Vance Powell and stands as a marked improvement over the on-the-fly board mix heard in webcasts, YouTube uploads and shady downloads.

In addition, there will be a DVD of the FULL performance, re-edited from the original raw footage by Brad Holland (filmmaker extraordinaire), for a truly memorable visual document of the evening.

We could’ve stopped there…but anything worth doing is worth overdoing, right?

Also included in the package will be four high-quality 8x10 photographs from the evening shot by David Swanson. Suitable for framing, timeless, these will increase the value of your home tenfold.

(said to the guys in production) “Is that all? NO?!?!? Are you kidding me? What else could we offer?”

Apparently we’ve lost our minds and gone as for to include a customized Jack White patch, a replica backstage pass sticker AND a poster in this beast of a package.

You want a custom-designed USB with super-secret extra added bonus materials too? Have at it.

If this package doesn’t make you happy…nothing will. Subscriptions are open now, get yours in before the October 31st deadline.

Vault22 webmockup 1000

Jack White Live From Bonnaroo setlist:

Icky Thump

High Ball Stepper

Lazaretto

Hotel Yorba

Temporary Ground

Missing Pieces

Steady, As She Goes

Top Yourself

I’m Slowly Turning Into You

Freedom at 21

Three Women

You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)

We’re Going to Be Friends

Alone in My Home

Ball and Biscuit

The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)

Encore:

The Hardest Button to Button

Hello Operator

Pipeline (The Chantays)

Misirlou (Dick Dale)

Sixteen Saltines

Cannon

Blue Blood Blues

Astro

Love Interruption

Little Bird

Seven Nation Army

Haven't received the last Vault yet, but it should be shipping this week.

I could not be more excited about the next Vault pacakge though!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does the vault work? Do you pay a yearly membership to be able to buy the packages? Or are the packages free with the membership?

You pay $60 for a 3-month membership. Each 3-month membership comes with a unique Vault Package (like the one above). They take orders for a month and then press them and send them out to everyone. They are not pressed for the masses so if you missed the opportunity then your only of buying them after is via eBay (or other similar sites).

How does the vault work? Do you pay a yearly membership to be able to buy the packages? Or are the packages free with the membership?

It's $60 per quarter. You get extra online services, access to more merch, early access to concert on sales and the current package.

So, take this quarters package for example: I'm getting a 3-LP Live album, a DVD of that show, the other little gifts and then all that online content all for $60

• Like 1