The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

If Motley wouldn't bring Corabi out as a second guitarist for the final tour couldn't they have at least let him be Mick's guitar tech? That has to pay more than playing in front of the tiny crowds Crabby does these days. I am stoked about the upcoming tour though where he will be playing all of MC94. What a great, underrated album.

http://hairmetalmusic.com/the-motley-crue-dr-feelgood-follow-up-album-that-should-have-been

I personally would never spend $1,000 to meet another human being. Especially knowing that the only reason they are taking a few minutes to talk to me is because I paid them to do it.

But people can do whatever they want with their own money - so more power to those people who do it. I just personally would never do it.

• Like 1

What does Nikki's brother do with/for Motley Crue? I read on wikipedia that he was/is part of the band, but I've never noticed him. Maybe I'm not looking/listening close enough. Maybe wikipedia is inaccurate? Any info? WFA?

Why should Crüe bring out a guy who tried to sue them?

So you don't think they should've brought Vince Neil back?

Edited by Mr. Dude

Just read the Motley Crue story in Rolling Stone.

Yeah, the four members all signed a contract stating they could never tour again, but the one loophole is: If all 4 members agree to tour again, the contract is broken.

So get ready for 3 or 4 years from now, when Nikki, Tommy, Mick and Vince decide to come out of retirement! lol

Not gonna happen ;)

There may be a few one offs, like RNRHOF, or a Live Aid type event where they'll play, but Crüe is done as a touring unit after this

Alice just got added to the Syracuse gig after explicitly saying he wouldn't play that show. Goddamnit.

I'm still not going to Alice's set. I may see the raskins (who have Johnny Martin from Adler in the band) play, but Alice :no:

I guarantee that Motley Crue will tour again. What else are they gonna do? Vince is almost always close to broke. So is Mick. And Tommy and Nikki ain't gonna sustain their lifestyles on royalties alone. They'll tour again within 5 years. Bands always say this. Maybe they mean it at the time, maybe they're just trying to sell tix and jack up prices. I remember back in the late 90's Kiss claiming they were on their farewell tour. The Crue will tour again. No doubt.

As for Motley Crue in general:

I dig the first couple of records. Too Fast for Love is a good debut. Shout at the Devil is a great concept album. There was a rock n roll band underneath the makeup, behind the costumes. Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood is where they lost touch with me musically. Too polished, too much cheese, too much filler. Dr. Feelgood is emblematic of everything wrong with music in the 80's- all style, no substance. It was albums like Feelgood that made the Seattle bands resonate so heavily- people were practically starved for content...or maybe they just liked flannel. I do think the Corabi album was underrated, but the accumulated image of Motley in the public consciousness at that point made success virtually impossible regradless of who the singer was or how strong the songs were. I also think Saints of Los Angeles is a decent record. Motley has a nostalgic niche now and I think that's what makes it possible for them to tour succesfully and that's also why I think this won't be their last go-round.

• Like 1

Yeah, the four members all signed a contract stating they could never tour again, but the one loophole is: If all 4 members agree to tour again, the contract is broken.

So get ready for 3 or 4 years from now, when Nikki, Tommy, Mick and Vince decide to come out of retirement! lol

Not gonna happen ;)

There may be a few one offs, like RNRHOF, or a Live Aid type event where they'll play, but Crüe is done as a touring unit after this

Alice just got added to the Syracuse gig after explicitly saying he wouldn't play that show. Goddamnit.

I'm still not going to Alice's set. I may see the raskins (who have Johnny Martin from Adler in the band) play, but Alice :no:

I guarantee that Motley Crue will tour again. What else are they gonna do? Vince is almost always close to broke. So is Mick. And Tommy and Nikki ain't gonna sustain their lifestyles on royalties alone. They'll tour again within 5 years. Bands always say this. Maybe they mean it at the time, maybe they're just trying to sell tix and jack up prices. I remember back in the late 90's Kiss claiming they were on their farewell tour. The Crue will tour again. No doubt.

I imagine they'll do even more re-releases and box sets, etc.

Is Mick really broke? I thought he was half of Motley Crue, with Nikki. Either way, see above, re-releases/royalties will probably float them for a while. Plus vault stuff (if there's anything left) and an eventual Final Tour DVD.

Keep in mind, Mick wont be physically able to tour at some point. And this tour is supposed to last 3 years~ isn't it? I don't think they'll tour again. One off shows, yes, but I don't think there will be another tour.

Edited by RickRoses

Not gonna happen ;)

I imagine they'll do even more re-releases and box sets, etc.

Is Mick really broke? I thought he was half of Motley Crue, with Nikki. Either way, see above, re-releases/royalties will probably float them for a while. Plus vault stuff (if there's anything left) and an eventual Final Tour DVD.

Keep in mind, Mick wont be physically able to tour at some point. And this tour is supposed to last 3 years~ isn't it? I don't think they'll tour again. One off shows, yes, but I don't think there will be another tour.

In the Dirt- his financial situation was portrayed as pretty dire due mainly to women and Mick being a bit of a push-over. Maybe he has since recovered? He does have a few ex-wives to feed though.

damn, after seeing a good review for some of these shows, i tried to see if there were any tickets left for ct show but theres only vip packages left...fuck that

"A" good review, as in only one? :lol:

Stub hub dude you've got to see one of these shows.

Stub Hub isn't worth it - you end up paying like an additional $75 on top of the advertised prices (Which are already grossly inflated), that's the Stub Hub fee. Besides, he could just see them on the US leg next year, since Nikki recently said there would be one ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this retirement tour will last around 3 years or so. the Crue wants to tour everywhere one last time. I hope Vince's voice can hold out. And Mick stays well.

"Vince's voice" and "hold out" don't belong in the same sentence. Someone's voice can't hold out if they never had one to start with ;)

I'm sure this retirement tour will last around 3 years or so. the Crue wants to tour everywhere one last time. I hope Vince's voice can hold out. And Mick stays well.

"Vince's voice" and "hold out" don't belong in the same sentence. Someone's voice can't hold out if they never had one to start with ;)

:max:

like the doc mcghee quote on seeing motley crue for the first time, something to the effect of

" i couldnt understand a word they were singing, but they were blowing shit up" :lol:

vince always has been a horrible "singer" but with no incentive(like axl) to even try anymore his voice has gotten to depths of bad i never even thought possible(for even vince)

I'll take Too Fast For Love over AFD any day

too fast for love is a decent album, the only other motley crue album i can stand was the one without vince neil :lol:

that's actually a very good album...a little too long for a crue album but it's really solid all the way thru

like the doc mcghee quote on seeing motley crue for the first time, something to the effect of

" i couldnt understand a word they were singing, but they were blowing shit up" :lol:

vince always has been a horrible "singer" but with no incentive(like axl) to even try anymore his voice has gotten to depths of bad i never even thought possible(for even vince)

Axl couldn't be as bad as Vince if he tried. I know it's the thing now to shit on Axl's voice, but he is still so much better than Vince you can't compare them. Plus, the last few shows this year Axl sounded incredible.

too fast for love is a decent album, the only other motley crue album i can stand was the one without vince neil :lol:

Shout is a great album too. And I like Dr. Feelgood, but it's more of a guilty pleasure type album.

The Corabi album has some really strong songs on it. And as a band, Motley sounds pretty good. Much heavier than Vince Motley. Though my favorite song is probably the ballad Driftaway (off the Corabi album).