The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, I saw the Crue last night and I have to apologize to Vince since he actually sounded great last night.

The venue was totally sold out. Parking went on for blocks which I've never seen except for Rush.

It's an outdoor venue and it was very hot last night in Dallas.

Alice Cooper opened and the guy and his band rocked it! Alice still sounds like he did the first time I saw him in 1971 in Madison Square Garden in NYC. He played for 45 minutes.

The Crue came on around 9:00 and opened with Saints of Los Angeles, which was a good choice and Vince rocked it. Mick, God Bless him, he still plays like it's 1981. The Crue did songs from 81 until today. Never missing a beat. Tommy's drum solo was okay, but the whole drum thing going upside down was cool.

Nikki told us all the story of how Motley Crue began, which of course, ever Crue fan knows by heart, but it was nice to hear Nikki tell us to all sit down as he sat down and told us the story again.

Of course, we were thanked for many years of dedication and love for the band. The stage show was cool So much fire and explosions and two pretty back up dancer and singers. The pretty blonde guitar player from Alice Cooper's band came out and sang Without you with Vince. That was cool.

Of course, they did all their hits and ended with home Sweet Home. I've always liked Motley Crue, but they weren't my favorite band of the 80's, but after that show, I really felt bad to realize that was the last time we would all see Nikki, Mick, Tommy and Vince perform as Motley Crue and that made me a little sad.

Crue have not been my fav point at any stage, but I do want to see them on this tour. I do not want to experience another I should have gone feeling like I've had with the Ramones and Heaven&Hell etc.

The biggest problem to me on their live set is the pre-recorded backing vocals, they sound ultra gay - should be done live, no other sensible choice.

• 1 month later...

Just read the Motley Crue story in Rolling Stone.

Yeah, the four members all signed a contract stating they could never tour again, but the one loophole is: If all 4 members agree to tour again, the contract is broken.

So get ready for 3 or 4 years from now, when Nikki, Tommy, Mick and Vince decide to come out of retirement! lol

Yeah, the four members all signed a contract stating they could never tour again, but the one loophole is: If all 4 members agree to tour again, the contract is broken.

So get ready for 3 or 4 years from now, when Nikki, Tommy, Mick and Vince decide to come out of retirement! lol

Not gonna happen ;)

There may be a few one offs, like RNRHOF, or a Live Aid type event where they'll play, but Crüe is done as a touring unit after this

Alice just got added to the Syracuse gig after explicitly saying he wouldn't play that show. Goddamnit.

I'm still not going to Alice's set. I may see the raskins (who have Johnny Martin from Adler in the band) play, but Alice :no:

Not gonna happen ;)

There may be a few one offs, like RNRHOF, or a Live Aid type event where they'll play, but Crüe is done as a touring unit after this

Alice just got added to the Syracuse gig after explicitly saying he wouldn't play that show. Goddamnit.

I'm still not going to Alice's set. I may see the raskins (who have Johnny Martin from Adler in the band) play, but Alice :no:
Big mistake. Alice is truly an amazing performer. Whether or not you like his music, he's worth seeing at least once.

Not gonna happen ;)

Big mistake. Alice is truly an amazing performer. Whether or not you like his music, he's worth seeing at least once.

i tried to listen to one of his albums a few days ago, i just couldn't get through it. i don't like his voice. i know, fuck me, right? (inb4butyouareseeingvinceneil)

Not gonna happen ;)

i tried to listen to one of his albums a few days ago, i just couldn't get through it. i don't like his voice. i know, fuck me, right? (inb4butyouareseeingvinceneil)

What album? And honestly, I never claimed Alice is an incredible vocalist - I think his voice suits the songs, but he's far from one of the greats. I do think he's an excellent songwriter though, and the reason you see Alice live is because he puts on an incredible show.

I think they're more than happy to call it a day, esp. Tommy. I think Nikki is at the point where he has made all the money he could make with Motley and just wants to do those other things he's been working on. Whether that means Sixx: AM becomes more of a full time thing remains to be seen, and we know that could affect GNR.

Illusions - check out The One That Got Away and Killed By Love by Alice Cooper. Two of his songs that aren't as popular or mainstream and see if you like them.

Vince has had a pretty great solo career.

Check out

Another Bad Day - it's a really great song, imo it is better than anything off of Saints.

As well as songs like You're Invited but Your Friend Can't Come and Can't Have Your Cake, Look In Her Eyes, One Less Mouth To feed, Tattoos & Tequila, He's a Whore, Skylar's Song.

Vince has a great studio voice. Live he is pretty hit-and-miss. But in the studio, the guy is a rock classic.

Illusions - check out The One That Got Away and Killed By Love by Alice Cooper. Two of his songs that aren't as popular or mainstream and see if you like them.

Check out

Another Bad Day - it's a really great song, imo it is better than anything off of Saints.

As well as songs like You're Invited but Your Friend Can't Come and Can't Have Your Cake, Look In Her Eyes, One Less Mouth To feed, Tattoos & Tequila, He's a Whore, Skylar's Song.

Vince has a great studio voice. Live he is pretty hit-and-miss. But in the studio, the guy is a rock classic.

Hit and miss? That implies that he's good on occasion. :lol:

• Like 2

Check out

To be honest, I've chosen to never attend their concerts because every youtube video I've ever seen of him live, the dude sounds horrible. Worse than Axl by a mile. Out of breath and only sings about half the lyrics.

I threw in the hit-and-miss part because I've got friends who've seen them live and sometimes have great reports about how he sounded. And Val (I can't believe I'm actually using her as a credible source) just posted that he sounded really good at her show.

But ya. I wouldn't ever pay over $20 to see Motley Crue live, specifically because of Vince's live performances.

Check out

To be honest, I've chosen to never attend their concerts because every youtube video I've ever seen of him live, the dude sounds horrible. Worse than Axl by a mile. Out of breath and only sings about half the lyrics.

I threw in the hit-and-miss part because I've got friends who've seen them live and sometimes have great reports about how he sounded. And Val (I can't believe I'm actually using her as a credible source) just posted that he sounded really good at her show.

But ya. I wouldn't ever pay over $20 to see Motley Crue live, specifically because of Vince's live performances.

I paid $25 last time I saw them and it was still too much. To be fair though, the Route of All Evil and Crue Fest 2 shows I saw were really good. CF2 had backup singers though. They should have them on every tour.

• Like 2

Check out

I paid $25 last time I saw them and it was still too much. To be fair though, the Route of All Evil and Crue Fest 2 shows I saw were really good. CF2 had backup singers though. They should have them on every tour.

The Route Of All Evil show I saw was pretty rough (Though, Motley still blew Aerosmith off stage that night). Crue Fest 2 was excellent though - I saw both the first and last show of that tour and those are my 2 favorite Motley shows I've been to.

• Like 1

I'm a Crue nut swinger but they've been mailing it in for over a decade. The last great tour was CARNIVAL OF SINS.They put forth some effort and switched up the setlist. Since then it's obvious they just don't give a fuck. Nobody is gonna confuse Vince with Freddie Mercury but this tour has been unbelievably bad (yes I'm going by Youtube clips) Tommy won't even attend the $1,000 meet&greets so that shows how much he cares. Nikki's bass may or may not be plugged in. Mick gets a pass for being about 63 years old and having a chronic disease. There are way too many canned vocals on this tour. Only blind nutswingers who weren't old enough to see the real deal could possibly defend this. Having said all that I'll probably go to the CRUE show in October in Syracuse if I can score cheap tix.I have seen them around 20 times since 1990 so I'd like to say goodbye.

I'm not even a Cooper fan but anyone who thinks he doesn't blow Motley off the stage these days is high. I doubt he has canned vocals or music nor does he half ass his performance. Cooper has to be at least ten years older than Vince Neil as well.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 3

$1000 meet and greet? What a shit band. :rofl-lol:

Van Halen charged similar amounts in 04, probably 07 too. I'm sure Kiss has charged something similar. Maybe Aerosmith too. In my opinion, no band is worth a $1000 meet and greet, not even a reunited Led Zeppelin with a resurrected John Bonham. The most I'd pay for the "VIP experience" is probably $200. Shame, since that's what most bands charge for good seats without VIP.