The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

I kinda hope this tour flops too actually, the first leg at least. The over-saturation really is ridiculous. I know Guns get shit on a lot for this but Motley's been on tour for almost a solid decade with virtually the same setlist each tour. Maybe that'd motivate them to put some effort into their shows and go out on a high note..... :lol:

I'd be more interested if they played Shout or TFFL in its entirety. Maybe they're saving that for next year? That's been the most common request from their fans in the last few years, a SATD tour.

• Like 1

I kinda hope this tour flops too actually, the first leg at least. The over-saturation really is ridiculous. I know Guns get shit on a lot for this but Motley's been on tour for almost a solid decade with virtually the same setlist each tour. Maybe that'd motivate them to put some effort into their shows and go out on a high note..... :lol:

I'd be more interested if they played Shout or TFFL in its entirety. Maybe they're saving that for next year? That's been the most common request from their fans in the last few years, a SATD tour.

Not exactly true.

The Carnival of Sins tour setlist hit nearly everything they had done up to that point, Cruefest they played Dr. Feelgood in it's entirety, the Saints tour had quite a bit stuff from SOLA. The 2012 tour and the 2013 tour had pretty much a Greatest Hits setlist, but they did put in new stuff like Sex in the set in 2012.

2005-2009 was a GH show, CF2 was cool, but 2010-13 has been more GH. And they didn't play FUCK ALL from SOLA, they played 2 songs and added WTC like a year+ later.

edit: I've always thought Mutherfucker of the Year was the worst song on SOLA, easily. So many other songs would've been better live.

Edited by RickRoses

Not exactly true.

The Carnival of Sins tour setlist hit nearly everything they had done up to that point, Cruefest they played Dr. Feelgood in it's entirety, the Saints tour had quite a bit stuff from SOLA. The 2012 tour and the 2013 tour had pretty much a Greatest Hits setlist, but they did put in new stuff like Sex in the set in 2012.

Fuck a doodle doo, they did one tour with a slightly longer and more comprehensive setlist, and one very short tour where they did an album front to back. Otherwise, they've done fuck all since...at least since the reunion. They did 3 out of 13 songs from SOLA, that's not "quite a bit" of it (Not to mention other than the title track they played 2 of the most god-forsaken songs on the album). They recorded one boring-as-fuck song in 2012 and have played it since. Big deal. Fact of the matter is they're probably the only major act that has more predictable setlists than Guns or AC/DC.

Pit tickets are $140?! Da fuq? I'm not paying that.

You won't have to pay that. Many shows will be heavily papered. I'd say they'd be lucky to sell 10,000 in most cities.I'll probably go to the Buffalo show. It looks like it's their last stop before a one month break. Buffalo if I recall was also their last stop on the Summer 09 tour with Godsmack. I hope Tommy Lee brings back his "rap" " WHEN I SAY NIKKI YOU SAY SIXX! NIKKI! SIXX NIKKI SIXX!

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

There's a few dates already on Ticketmaster. And it looks like Alice Cooper is opening. Guess that means I have to see several Motley shows this year... :vomit:

You could always watch Alice's set and just leave after that and not have to be subjected to Motley's set...........seems like a win- win for you as you get to see the show and get home early..........

There's a few dates already on Ticketmaster. And it looks like Alice Cooper is opening. Guess that means I have to see several Motley shows this year... :vomit:

You could always watch Alice's set and just leave after that and not have to be subjected to Motley's set...........seems like a win- win for you as you get to see the show and get home early..........

I probably will for one show, watch Motley at the other.

Pit tickets are $140?! Da fuq? I'm not paying that.

You won't have to pay that. Many shows will be heavily papered. I'd say they'd be lucky to sell 10,000 in most cities.

What do you mean, heavily papered?
Industry slang for free tickets/giveaways. Live Nation signed Motley to a ridiculous deal a few years back. They are gonna milk the shit out of this farewell gimmick to make some of that money back. They'd rather paper the venue (free tickets) than have it be half empty. Once inside those people who got free tickets might spend money on food, booze, merch etc.

Bruce Springsteen and Pearl Jam do very few comp tickets because they are both huge draws. Motley has toured endlessly like pj and Bruce but they are just not a big draw anymore.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx