The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

I think their most under rated work is the self-titled album with Corabi.

It's a very good album. Do they ever play anything from it live? I'd suspect not though, don't think Vince's voice would suit any of the songs particularly well

My pick for their worst album is a toss up between New Tattoo and Saints of Los Angeles with Girls Girls Girls not far behind

• 2 weeks later...

They're a really shallow band, IMO. They have about 5 or 6 really good songs, a few more good ones and the rest is really meh to me. I really wanted to go to the KISS/Crue tour but unfortunately Crue didn't come with KISS to South America. That would have been cool.

I would encourage anybody that meets a Motley fan in real life - very rare specie, usually found at the scene of a barfight - to discriminate against them.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 3

Picked up Carnival Of Sins of Blu Ray. It was $7.99 and they actually had a decent setlist on that tour.

Great deal! I loved the COS tour stage and setlist. I love the live OWTS on that dvd, Mick goes to the acoustic guitar during the song onstage....it's awesome.

Picked up Carnival Of Sins of Blu Ray. It was $7.99 and they actually had a decent setlist on that tour.

Great deal! I loved the COS tour stage and setlist. I love the live OWTS on that dvd, Mick goes to the acoustic guitar during the song onstage....it's awesome.

A buddy of mine lives in Grand Rapids and was at that show. It's the only time he's seen Crue but he loved it.

A buddy of mine lives in Grand Rapids and was at that show. It's the only time he's seen Crue but he loved it.

I didn't get to see Crüe on the COS tour :(

To people slagging the band: Motley Crue are currently the most iconic 4-piece band in the world where all original members are widely recognized (3rd in the history of music after The Beatles and KISS). You don't achieve that if the players don't have amazing chemistry together and make a great sound.

• Like 1

To people slagging the band: Motley Crue are currently the most iconic 4-piece band in the world where all original members are widely recognized (3rd in the history of music after The Beatles and KISS). You don't achieve that if the players don't have amazing chemistry together and make a great sound.

Led Zeppelin, U2 and Black Sabbath say no.

Metallica

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

U2

Pink Floyd

Van Halen

The Doors

The Who

And besides, the only reason anyone knows Tommy Lee is the sex tape.

Edited by bacardimayne

Metallica

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

U2

Pink Floyd

Van Halen

The Doors

The Who

First of all, all of those bands except U2 stopped operating with all of their original members decades ago, and they were lucky if they lasted a decade if that (let alone one of decadence...). And virtually nobody (except those bands' more avid core fans) can tell you who the drummers and bassplayers in them are, or even knows what they look like. That's why a lot of them did NOT prove irreplaceable, let alone iconic... The singers' and guitarists' fame and iconic statuses FAR outweighed that of the other 'almost unknown' members in those bands.

With Motley (and KISS and The Beatles), all original band members are recognized almost as much as each other. Individually and as parts of a band... not just by their fans but by almost everyone who hasn't lived under a cave for the last 25yrs. What other bands can you REALLY say that about? Not many.

Metallica

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

U2

Pink Floyd

Van Halen

The Doors

The Who

First of all, all of those bands except U2 stopped operating with all of their original members decades ago, and they were lucky if they lasted a decade if that (let alone one of decadence...). And virtually nobody (except those bands' more avid core fans) can tell you who the drummers and bassplayers in them are, or even knows what they look like. That's why a lot of them did NOT prove irreplaceable, let alone iconic... The singers' and guitarists' fame and iconic statuses FAR outweighed that of the other 'almost unknown' members in those bands.

With Motley (and KISS and The Beatles), all original band members are recognized almost as much as each other. Individually and as parts of a band... not just by their fans but by almost everyone who hasn't lived under a cave for the last 25yrs. What other bands can you REALLY say that about? Not many.

Guarantee you you're more likely to find people that recognize Nikki Sixx than what's his name who played bass for The Who. Same with Tommy Lee compared to the drummer to The Doors.