The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

TFFL is 32 today ^.^ On With The Show kicks so much ass

That album is still their best, imo.

On With The Show is my favorite or second favorite song by them. And one that Vince seems to be able to pull off live.

OWTS is my favorite Crüe song. Too bad they hardly ever play it live <_<

When I posted about the anniversary on Sixx Army and asked what fans' fave songs from TFFL were, 9/10 said OWTS. I hope they do it on the Farewell Tour next year.

I hope Courtney (or maybe Nikki ^.^) can get me on the list for the Charlotte show next year, that'd be cool as fuck.

TFFL is 32 today ^.^ On With The Show kicks so much ass

That album is still their best, imo.

On With The Show is my favorite or second favorite song by them. And one that Vince seems to be able to pull off live.

OWTS is my favorite Crüe song. Too bad they hardly ever play it live <_<

One of the few songs that I can still remember the first time I heard it.

Show, Merry Go Round and Starry Eyes......still listen to those three songs all the time.

Hearing rumors that dates for the farewell tour will be dropping soon, and that's rumors and soon from a normal band.

Here is an interesting question for you.

GnR was a much more successful band than Motley.

But over the past five years, Motley's touring numbers have been better than GnR.

So who would open for who if they went on tour together? Everybody on this forum will say "Motley would open, no doubt, dumb question." But if Motley has done better touring wise, why would they open for a band that they draw better than?

That was actually something brought up, twice, in the Crüe camp recently (as in, the last few tours). Nikki talked about it on Sixx Sense a bit. When Crüe toured with Poison, they had been asking fans via social media what artist they'd like to see on tour with them, and GNR was one of the most requested bands. From what I heard, Nikki got in touch with somebody in band/band management (I'm not 100% sure who but I don't recall Axl's name being mentioned), and GNR seemed cool with it (as did the other bands). Logisitcs just didn't work out I suppose, but it could work they way the Crüe/KISS tour did last year (another tour where Crüe asked and GNR was heavily requested), and do a co headlining tour. I think though, Mötley would go on first as they play 90 minutes, and Axl plays much longer. It would be cool to see though. But yeah, with Mick's disease and Axl's 3 hour sets, I think it would be opening band, Mötley Crüe, Guns N' Roses.

Crüeheads don't have hate for Axl and co. Axl Rose happens to be the most requested guest on Sixx Sense, moreso than even Sir Paul McCartney was. I've had several tweets to Sixx Army from dozens of people saying something along the lines of "I want to hear Axl Rose on Sixx Sense".

My Ipod was on shuffle and just gave me a three-way Crue song blast - Fake, Merry Go Round and Round and Glitter.

I think it would be cool if Axl went that route with a couple of the older bands. He's brought Bach on tour with him a few times already.

Dangerous Toys/Tesla/Cinderella/Bach (an old 80s/90s band) - 45 minutes

Hardcover Superstar/Avenged/Halestorm (one of the newer bands)- 60 minutes

Alice/Hanoi/Motley (classic band) - 90 minutes

Then GnR to close the show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is from robin leach who hangs out with Vince in Vegas

MOTLEY TOUR: Expect the full details of Motley Crue’s last-ever tour to be revealed by the end of January. The global tour will run nearly three years and start with 70 cities in North America in July before moving on to Europe, South America, Asia and Australia and returning eventually to America. Las Vegas will be on the first and last legs, but the opening shows will be at the band’s original Sunset Strip club stomping grounds

( I can't find the link,this was posted on METAL SLUDGE)

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I saw them at The Fillmore in Detroit a long time ago. One of the first tours after they first got back together with Vince. It was cool to see them in such a small venue after having seen them in larger places so many times. Honestly not sure if I'd go to another tour of theirs but I just may if it's really the last.

No need for a poll, I agree that Primal Scream rules.

"If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willin' to crash and burn". And Nikki's bass intro :drool:

**clears throat**

I think you mean TOMMY'S drum intro. That bass part is cool and all, but it's the great & powerful Mr. Lee that starts that track off on the right foot!

When I was in high school during the 90's, I actually went through a big 80's rock phase. (gnr caused this to be honest). So I eventually made my way to Motley of course. Back then I really did enjoy them, and still do to a certain degree. But of all the big bands to come out of the 80's, they really are one of my least favs. They are better than Cinderella, Warrant, and those other B level bands. But i do prefer gnr, van halen (even though they are not really an 80's band), def leppard, whitesnake, ratt, twisted sister, quiet riot, and even poison and bon jovi. I do really like Home Sweet Home, I think they did write a good one there, but for the most part I find their music to be slightly boring. Even bands like Bon Jovi and Poison, song for song I like them better than Motley (and I am by no means a fan of either of those bands). I just think they wrote better songs.

If I was to give them a letter grade as a band (with zeppelin being an A)

They are a C for me at best. With gnr and Van Halen being A-