The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

I'm going to show up late and miss Alice's set if the gigs I go to aren't GA.

Aside from School's Out, I can't stand Alive Cooper

Your loss. He is literally one of the best performers in the business. I thought Alice was lame until I actually saw him live - now he's my favorite artist after Maiden.

Yet you like Avril Lavigne :lol:

The original Alice Cooper Group was one of the greatest American bands of all.

Forget crap like Hey Stoopid, check out these albums:

Easy Action (70)

Love It To Death (71)

Killer (71)

Schools Out (72)

Billion Dollar Babies (73)

Muscle Of Love (74)

Michael Bruce and Glen Buxton have to be one of the most criminally underrated guitar duos ever.

edit: Alice also puts on a top notch live show, I've seen Guns and Motley before and Alice puts them to shame.

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

Yet you like Avril Lavigne :lol:

The original Alice Cooper Group was one of the greatest American bands of all.

Forget crap like Hey Stoopid, check out these albums:

Easy Action (70)

Love It To Death (71)

Killer (71)

Schools Out (72)

Billion Dollar Babies (73)

Muscle Of Love (74)

Michael Bruce and Glen Buxton have to be one of the most criminally underrated guitar duos ever.

I like Alice's solo stuff too. Raise Your Fist And Yell is one of the most criminally underrated albums ever.

Yeah, me too :headbang:

I thought I'd just stick to the original stuff as an intro there, though.

RYFAY is golden alright, 80's Coop at his best.

I like Constrictor too, but it doesn't have the mean ass sound of the follow up.

"The Nightmare Returns" video from the Constrictor tour is a classic too, I love that band.

• Like 1

that's crazy- I saw motley like 2 years ago wasn't impressed with vinces voice at all. I may see this mainly to see alice cooper. I've seen him 2 times and both were excellent.

wtf is wrong with the quote feature?

Edited by PITBOSS

Alice Cooper opening for motley is an obvious favor/friend thing. Has to be. Even though I'm not a big fan of either of them, I would pay big time to see this double act. Would love to see Alice and can't let Motley end without having seem them once.

How did Vince sound? Thats all that really matters.

More winded than usual. Blech.

He's really the only drawback to them live. Otherwise the band is still very strong. I give him credit for not holding back like Axl does, but his voice is a very big part of this band and it really makes them suffer.

Musically the band is incredible. Vocals: I suppose you either love Vince or you hate him, I don't really see any in betweens, like "Ohhh, Vince was great on Stick To Your Guns and Take Me To The Top but I didn't like his vocals on Bastard and Danger". I love Vince's voice, I still think it's fine :shrugs: But I could see why some don't.

Vince's voice on the old albums is fine but he literally cannot sing live to save his life. Even his studio vocals are autotuned to shit now. Was it on the CF1 DVD that he said his pre-show warmup consisted of going into a bathroom, screaming one time as loud as he can, and walking on stage? What the fuck is that!? :crazy:

• Like 2

Alice Cooper is phenomenal. Seen that guy three times, never disappointed.

Seen him 29 times, never disappointed :)
I caught his riding crop at the first show I saw him at. I've grown out of classic rock and that era, and Alice Cooper is the most classic of classic rock, I really can't listen to a lot of his music casually anymore, but I do have a vinyl of Billion Dollar Babies. Amazing record, and it still holds up pretty well today.

That being said I wouldn't miss seeing Alice again if he came around here. Tickets are always cheap, it's a fantastic show every time, and shit, it's Alice fucking Cooper.

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1

I'm buying 3 normal tickets and then a VIP onrle. BUT I will only do VIP if I can't get Courtney to hook me up with something.

Good luck kid. It's between $1,000-4,000 for the 2 meet&greet packages. On top of that you don't even get to meet Tommy Lee. Motley are in my top 5 favorite bands but those prices are fucking insane. I met Vince Neil twice for free&I'm cool with that.

Saw Alice Cooper last year and he was awesome! Even Marilyn Mason was pretty good.

The tickets for the Dallas show go on sale on Friday and pre-sale tomorrow.

I really want to see this concert. I saw the Crue 4 times and even though vince sucks at singing, the band still rocks.

Alice Cooper is very entertaining and he still rocks!

The only thing that I hate is it's an outdoor venue which on July 16 is going to be super hot! I hope I can get pretty good seats. It seems the Crue have all these special prices like the meet and greet tickets, the gold and silver tickets and kickstart my heart tickets, so who the hell knows what tickets won't be hundreds of dollars.

A puzzling thing too is that Tommy doesn't seem to be at any meet and greets or any of the other special ticket prices. Wonder why?

Saw Alice Cooper last year and he was awesome! Even Marilyn Mason was pretty good.

The tickets for the Dallas show go on sale on Friday and pre-sale tomorrow.

I really want to see this concert. I saw the Crue 4 times and even though vince sucks at singing, the band still rocks.

Alice Cooper is very entertaining and he still rocks!

The only thing that I hate is it's an outdoor venue which on July 16 is going to be super hot! I hope I can get pretty good seats. It seems the Crue have all these special prices like the meet and greet tickets, the gold and silver tickets and kickstart my heart tickets, so who the hell knows what tickets won't be hundreds of dollars.

A puzzling thing too is that Tommy doesn't seem to be at any meet and greets or any of the other special ticket prices. Wonder why?

He's a cunt and Mr. Nobody Got Me Here But Me doesn't like having his picture taken.

Well, when Tommy Lee did his solo album and was dating Prince's ex babe, my daughter met him after his concert and she said he was super nice.

I still think he and Vince hate each other. Well, I think it sucks that if I pay thousands of bucks to meet and greet everyone but Tommy, how fucked up is that?

It doesn't make sense to me at all. Even if you're a dick, this is the final Crue tour and you supposedly love your fans, so what's the problem?