The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

They are done years now.Their frontman suck bad with fat and plastic surgeries.

:rofl-lol:

Talking about GN'R?

Anyone else hoping for an album or an EP or something before/during/after the Farewell Tour? Sex was great, I would love to hear more. I actually got the free download of Sex from Crüe, loved it so much I bought it on iTunes anyways.

I just want a proper new album

Plus i just want to see MC with a proper Vince Neil (this means: when he can sing properly not like a dying out of breath cat)

Generation Swine is a very underrated album

and that being said, Dr Feelgood is completely overrated

Generation Swine is complete garbage, the only good song is the 97 version SATD

and Dr. Feelgood is a very good record

I enjoyed Rocketship as well, but yes, most of GS was shit

Motley Crue were a great band for the type of music they performed.

But they were probably one of those bands that you needed to experience first-hand to understand how good they were or what they meant to the rock world.

Motley is like the girl that all the guys at your high school lusted after during your senior year.

But twenty years later when you show her picture to your teenage son, he's like "dad, she isn't even that hot."

And maybe her picture isn't really even that hot compared to the Kate Upton's and Scarlett Johansson's of the world.

But he didn't experience her in real life like you did- he didn't hear her voice, see her personality, party with her and see how funny and smart she was.

It's easy to look at Motley Crue and listen to a few youtube videos in 2014 and go "ya, they look gay and the songs are pretty cheesy." But in the 80s, these guys were pretty great. Has their music held up and stood the test of time? Naw, most of it didn't. But in the late 80s, they were as important as any other rock band out there.

I understand what you are trying to say and maybe it's different in the US, but they were already considered 'cheesy' in the late '80s. Just like every other 'hair' metal band by the way. Not that I have a problem with that, cause actually GNR was considered 'cheesy' in the early 90s as well in my country. Just wanted to mention it. I don't want to call them 'important' as well, better use the word 'relevant'.

Motley Crue were a great band for the type of music they performed.

But they were probably one of those bands that you needed to experience first-hand to understand how good they were or what they meant to the rock world.

Motley is like the girl that all the guys at your high school lusted after during your senior year.

But twenty years later when you show her picture to your teenage son, he's like "dad, she isn't even that hot."

And maybe her picture isn't really even that hot compared to the Kate Upton's and Scarlett Johansson's of the world.

But he didn't experience her in real life like you did- he didn't hear her voice, see her personality, party with her and see how funny and smart she was.

It's easy to look at Motley Crue and listen to a few youtube videos in 2014 and go "ya, they look gay and the songs are pretty cheesy." But in the 80s, these guys were pretty great. Has their music held up and stood the test of time? Naw, most of it didn't. But in the late 80s, they were as important as any other rock band out there.

well fuck, that was awesome

Thanks!

I grew up in that era, still listen to tons of music from that era, have a blog about that generation of music, so I'm pretty passionate about it.

MB - ya, it was different in the United States.

In the late 80s, hair metal ruled the rock world. And Motley were one of the Kings of the era. Bands like poison and winger followed the popular trends.......but the trends were made popular by bands like Motley Crue. Kind of like Anthony Michael Hall in 16 Candles when he tells the hot chick that he might be a dork, but he is the king of the dorks.

Motley's two late 80's releases were their most non-cheesy releases. Girls Girls Girls and Dr. Feelgood. The make-up and cheesy costumes were gone. Those are two pure hard rock albums, by guys wanting their music to represent them more than their looks.

Songs like Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart, Go Away Mad, Wild Side, Girls Girls Girls......those are pure hard rock songs that don't really even fit in the hair band category.

Your GnR comment is relevant, as there were a lot of bands that get lumped into the hair metal era simply because they were active during the time period. GnR, Aerosmith, and even Motley.

TFFL was before the era even started, nothing hair band about it at all.

Looks that Kill came out right when the era was getting started, but those bands were still considered more Heavy Metal than Hair Metal. Bands like Crue, Scorpions, Quiet Riot were popular - not Winger and Poison.

Theatre of Pain could be considered a pure hair band cheesy album - I won't argue that.

But their two late 80s albums weren't really hair band either - they were pure hard rock albums. Girls Girls Girls and Dr. Feelgood. Those were guys riding their motorcycles and rocking out, not guys in spandex and make-up. There is a huge different between Kickstart My Heart and She's Only 17 or Down Boys.

Just for those who weren't around......Dr. Feelgood sold over six million copies, went to number ONE on the billboard chart, had four top 20 songs.......that's overall, not the "rock" chart. This album was huge.

I will admit that they weren't a great albums band, but more of a singles band.

For fans of the band today...........what did you think of the songs "If I Die Tomorrow" and "Hollywood Ending." To me, they were kind of a perfect combination of the two best Crue albums - Feelgood and TFFL.

I like Hollywood Ending, but I prefer SOLA stuff more. SOLA, Mutherfucker, Face Down In The Dirt, Chicks=Trouble, Down At The Whiskey, Goin' Out Swinging.....all great songs imo. Saints is one of their best albums.

I'm in the minority, but Motley Crue's best album is their self-titled 1994 album with John Corabi. Such a groovy, heavy, tight, catchy album that was.

They actually sounded like a rock band that could be taken seriously. I even like a lot of Generation Swine too, just because they were pushing the boarders of their own sound and style.

Would've loved to have seen a proper follow up to the 1994 album with John Corabi

• Like 1

I'm amused, because I have always found Girls Girls Girls in particular to be a lightweight, bubble gum album as compared to the earlier stuff, and Dr Feelgood a bit the same (though both bring fond memories and are great "time capsules")

you would be correct

girls girls girls is outright terrible and dr feelgood is their most overrated album, too slickly produced, too many guest spots...and the songs are just not very good, aside from don't go away mad

• 4 weeks later...

I'd really like to see an Alice co-headlining show with Rob Zombie or something. I guess he probably won't do one of those tours this year if he's with Crue though...

If the Motley show is similar to COS and tickets are as cheap as the last tour they did I might go see them "one last time". It'd be nice if Vince at least sounded as good as he did at CF2 (the closest I've heard him sound to the COS dvd).

I'd really like to see an Alice co-headlining show with Rob Zombie or something. I guess he probably won't do one of those tours this year if he's with Crue though...

If the Motley show is similar to COS and tickets are as cheap as the last tour they did I might go see them "one last time". It'd be nice if Vince at least sounded as good as he did at CF2 (the closest I've heard him sound to the COS dvd).

I saw a gig on each leg of the Gruesome Twosome tour - both amazing shows and the latter was the best Alice gig I've ever seen. I'd have no gripes about them doing another co-headline someday.

My local Motley show is one of the ones on Ticketmaster already - $25-140. I suppose I'll do 2 shows with cheap tickets, ain't no way I'm shelling out $140 for pit even if Alice is opening, most places you can get front row seats for him for half that price.

4952e6ecd58f855.jpg

7/2/2014
Grand Rapids, MI
Van Andel Arena
7/4/2014
Milwaukee, WI
Summerfest
7/5/2014
Noblesville, IN
Klipsch Music Center
7/6/2014
Cincinnati, OH
Riverbend Music Center
7/8/2014
Columbus, OH
Schottenstein Center
7/9/2014
Maryland Heights, MO
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
7/11/2014
Des Moines, IA
Wells Fargo Arena
7/12/2014
Wichita, KS
INTRUST Bank Arena
7/13/2014
Tulsa, OK
BOK Center
7/15/2014
Cedar Park, TX
Cedar Park Center
7/16/2014
Dallas, TX
Gexa Energy Pavilion
7/18/2014
Albuquerque, NM
Isleta Amphitheater
7/19/2014
Phoenix, AZ
AK-Chin Pavilion
7/21/2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Bowl
7/22/2014
Irvine, CA
Verizon Wireless Amp
7/23/2014
Mountain View, CA
Shoreline Amphitheatre
7/25/2014
Reno, NV
Reno Events Center
7/26/2014
Ridgefield, WA
Sleep County Amphitheater
7/27/2014
Auburn, WA
White River Amphitheater
7/29/2014
Wheatland, CA
Sleep Train Amphitheater
7/30/2014
Chula Vista, CA
Sleep Train Amphitheater
8/1/2014
Salt Lake City, UT
USANA Amp
8/2/2014
Denver, CO
Pepsi Center
8/3/2014
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center
8/5/2014
Sturgis, SD
Sturgis Buffalo Chip
8/6/2014
Sioux City, IA
Tyson Events Center
8/8/2014
Tinley Park, IL
First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
8/9/2014
Clarkston, MI
DTE Energy Music Theatre
8/10/2014
Toronto, ON
Molson Canadian Amp
8/12/2014
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Blossom Music Center
8/13/2014
Burgettstown, PA
First Niagara Pavilion
8/15/2014
Pelham, AL
Oak Mountain Amp
8/16/2014
Alpharetta, GA
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre @ Encore Park
8/17/2014
Tampa, FL
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amp
8/19/2014
Charlotte, NC
PNC Music Pavilion
8/20/2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
8/22/2014
Bristow, VA
Jiffy Lube Live
8/23/2014
Camden, NJ
Susquehanna Bank Center
8/24/2014
Mansfield, MA
Xfinity Center
8/26/2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Saratoga Performing. Arts Center
8/27/2014
Allentown, PA
Great Allentown Fair
8/29/2014
Wantagh, NY
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
8/30/2014
Holmdel, NJ
PNC Bank Arts Center
8/31/2014
Darien Center, NY
Darien Lake Performing. Arts Center
10/10/2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Chesapeake Arena
10/11/2014
The Woodlands, TX
Cynthia W. Mitchell Pavilion
10/12/2014
Bossier City, LA
CenturyLink Center
10/14/2014
Louisville, KY
KFC Yum! Center
10/15/2014
Nashville, TN
Bridgestone Arena
10/17/2014
Hollywood, FL
Seminole Hard Rock Live
10/19/2014
Jacksonville, FL
Veterans Memorial Arena
10/21/2014
Greenville, SC
Bon Secours Wellness Arena
10/22/2014
Greensboro, NC
Greensboro Coliseum
10/25/2014
Atlantic City, NJ
Borgata Events Center Phoenix - AK-Chin Pavilion
10/26/2014
Montville, CT
Mohegan Sun
10/29/2014
Syracuse, NY
The OnCenter Complex
11/5/2014
Biloxi, MS
Mississippi Coast College
11/6/2014
Southaven, MS
Landers Center
11/9/2014
Moline, IL
iWireless Center
11/11/2014
Green Bay, WI
Resch Center
11/12/2014
Madison, WI
Alliant Energy Center
11/13/2014
Omaha, NE
CenturyLink Center
11/15/2014
St. Paul, MN
Xcel Energy Center
11/16/2014
Fargo, ND
FargoDome
11/18/2014
Edmonton, AB
Rexall Place
11/19/2014
Calgary, AB
Scotiabank Saddledome
11/21/2014
Vancouver, BC
Rogers Arena

I'm excited to see Greenville on the list, that means I'll be at Greenville, Charlotte, Greensboro and Alpharetta gigs. Nice roster for the first leg of the tour, I'm looking forward it it. I really hope they play a good variety of their music this tour, I want to hear On With The Show and Merry Go-Round live. I'd LOVE Stick To Your Guns, Red Hot and Danger, but the odds of those songs being played are like, well I doubt it will happen.

Hopefully I'll see Ryan Roxie backstage so I can get my copy of Ain't Life Grand signed :D

Man I can't wait to finally fucking meet this band. My only problem is, what should I bring to get signed? I have no idea which vinyl I'm gonna bring :lol: TFFL, SATD, GGG, Feelgood or SOLA

No clue. This is just leg one. Next year will be the UK, Euro, SA, Oz, Asia dates

Fuck this, Alice is wasting his whole year as an opening act. No bueno :thumbsdown:

That said, I'll do Darien and Syracuse, pretty much solely for Alice.

alice should be honored to grace the same room as these legends

No clue. This is just leg one. Next year will be the UK, Euro, SA, Oz, Asia dates

Fuck this, Alice is wasting his whole year as an opening act. No bueno :thumbsdown:

That said, I'll do Darien and Syracuse, pretty much solely for Alice.

alice should be honored to grace the same room as these legends

lol

Alice is gonna blow Motley off stage night in and night out. He's been around almost 2 decades longer than Motley, and he's still twice the performer any of them could ever hope to be.

Pit tickets are $140?! Da fuq? I'm not paying that.

Ditto...fucking ridiculous. Just 4 years ago pit tickets for Motley were like $80.

I saw a gig on each leg of the Gruesome Twosome tour - both amazing shows and the latter was the best Alice gig I've ever seen. I'd have no gripes about them doing another co-headline someday.

My local Motley show is one of the ones on Ticketmaster already - $25-140. I suppose I'll do 2 shows with cheap tickets, ain't no way I'm shelling out $140 for pit even if Alice is opening, most places you can get front row seats for him for half that price.

The last Canadian run they did, the cheap tickets were $25 and sold out fairly quickly [here]. I can't possibly imagine anyone paying $140 to see Motley Crue.

Edited by RickRoses
  • Like 1

With these prices and this over-saturation...I'd like to see this tour flop. There's two shows within an hour of me in between a secondary market and two tertiary markets. Seven shows within 3 and a half hours of me. Even if they're two months apart, that's tour routing at it's worst. Then throw in the outrageous prices. If it wasn't for the fact that this tour virtually cancels out any hope of headlining dates for Alice in the US this year, this tour wouldn't even be a blip on my radar.