Most boring musician of all time

bacardimayne

Nobody does Dylan better than Dylan. All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix is brilliant but that doesn't detract from the simple brilliance of the original.

I disagree with this one. Even Dyaln himself admitted that Hendrix's was better and he started playing it like Hendrix (or at least as close as he could). If the original artist prefers a cover version, than the cover is superior imo.

How about Axl? He's pretty much doing the same thing as Clapton, exept he's a bit younger. And he doesn't release new music. Yep. Axl.

Definitely this.

Though I saw Clapton in 2006 @ MSG and it was the boringest show I ever went to.

but for someone that's been touring the same album for the last 13 years and has released one album in the last 20 years the title needs to go to Axl

Guest Len B'stard

Nobody does Dylan better than Dylan. All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix is brilliant but that doesn't detract from the simple brilliance of the original.

I disagree with this one. Even Dyaln himself admitted that Hendrix's was better and he started playing it like Hendrix (or at least as close as he could). If the original artist prefers a cover version, than the cover is superior imo.

I've never heard him say it's better, just that he likes it and likes playing it the Hendrix way:

It overwhelmed me, really. He had such talent, he could find things inside a song and vigorously develop them. He found things that other people wouldn't think of finding in there. He probably improved upon it by the spaces he was using. I took license with the song from his version, actually, and continue to do it to this day

I liked Jimi Hendrix's record of this and ever since he died I've been doing it that way... Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it's a tribute to him in some kind of way

Thats not saying it's better, is it?

well at very least I would say Hendrix equaled the original. Which is not always the case when it came to Jimi. Some of his covers don't do much for me. Take Johnny B. Goode, Chuck Berry's is FAR superior to Hendrix's. Jimi tried to do much on that one imo. I still like it, but it lacks the groove of the original, Jimi's is too fast.

Guest Len B'stard

It's the fast-ness that makes Jimi's version man, i like it, it's different, and the fuckin' solo's and fitting the little fills and licks and shit in, despite being fast like it is he loses none of it's timing, i adore Jimi's version. Again, its like the Dylan and Jimi thing, they're both good, i dunno how one would put one over the other. I guess were I pushed I'd commit to Chuck too as an answer to the question but far superior? Nah man, Jimi's is sick.

He kinda messes with the vocal delivery too, it's kinda rattley sounding instead of poised and deliberate like Chuck, kinda gives it that ramshackle, car going at a 100 mph feel.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2