Most boring musician of all time

bacardimayne

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest musicians of all time. I'm not saying that because it's a popular opinion, but his music is fantastic. He's a true genius imo, and I don't use that word very often. Maybe his live shows are boring (idk, never been to one) but as a songwriter, you can't get much better then him.

Of course he's influential and respected. None of that makes his concerts worth watching.

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest musicians of all time. I'm not saying that because it's a popular opinion, but his music is fantastic. He's a true genius imo, and I don't use that word very often. Maybe his live shows are boring (idk, never been to one) but as a songwriter, you can't get much better then him.

Of course he's influential and respected. None of that makes his concerts worth watching.

This thread is about the most boring musicians of all time. Not the most boring live performers of all time. Dylan as a musician, is not one of the most boring of all time.

Edited by Rovim

This thread is about the most boring musicians of all time. Not the most boring live performers of all time. Dylan as a musician, is not one of the most boring of all time.

Your live show is part of your identity. And like some of the other folks here said, Dylan's stuff gets better when other people take it and pump it full of more energy.

Your live show is part of your identity. And like some of the other folks here said, Dylan's stuff gets better when other people take it and pump it full of more energy.

It's part of his identity, but the music stands on it's own. The albums are good enough to not make him one of the most boring musicians of all time.

Edited by Rovim

Who makes Bob Dylan songs better? Hendrix did an awesome version of "All Along the Watchtower", but beyond that none spring to mind. I think Guns butchered "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (for a band that wasn't particularly good with covers, they did a hell of a lot of them). None of the other billion covers of the song I've heard touch the original either, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Who makes Bob Dylan songs better? Hendrix did an awesome version of "All Along the Watchtower", but beyond that none spring to mind. I think Guns butchered "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (for a band that wasn't particularly good with covers, they did a hell of a lot of them). None of the other billion covers of the song I've heard touch the original either, in my opinion.

The Rolling Stones with 'Like A Rolling Stones' though many would probably not agree with me; Bruce Springsteen doing 'Chimes of Freedom'.

I disagree with you on KOHD and vehemently disagree about GNR being bad with covers.

The Rolling Stones with 'Like A Rolling Stones' though many would probably not agree with me; Bruce Springsteen doing 'Chimes of Freedom'.

I disagree with you on KOHD and vehemently disagree about GNR being bad with covers.

I've actually never heard that Rolling Stones cover. I love The Rolling Stones but I can't imagine how much I'd like that lol.

As for GNR, even when I was hugely into the band (I still like them, just not as much) I couldn't really get into most of their covers. I think their best covers were on Lies. "Live and Let Die" is probably their worst offense as a band outside of "My World". That and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" just kind of feel bloated I guess. The original "Live and Let Die" was bloated, too, but I think Paul pulls that off better than GNR did. As for TSI, I think there are a few okay songs, but I just can't get into most of those.

The Band's version of I Shall Be Released is better..

.Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower is a great version of the song, with his unique spin on it but it loses its meaning, so I would say Dylan's version is better

GNR's KOHD is an abomination

Lou Reed's Foot Of Pride is markedly superior to Dylan's

Johnny Cash's version of It Ain't Me Babe is better...

The White Stripes' One More Cup Of Coffee is better...

Ani DiFranco's Hurricane is better...

Edited by Sixes

hey mr tambourine man by the byrds is also better than dylans version, pearl jams version of masters of war. the list goes on and on. i love bob dylans lyrics but the way he performs them is boring.

Edited by bran

I'm conflicted on GnR's KOHD. They took the song and churned it through the power ballad generator. However slash's solos are brilliant.

My personal favorite Clapton lead isn't even in a song by group Clapton was in, but the Beatles.

As far as other boring artists, nirvana always sort of irked me. The rhythm section is solid, but the guitar playing is generally just dreadful bedroom guitar playing and Kurt could say it was punk all he wanted, but it was just bad "kid who brought his guitar everyday in high school" bad. Good production is all that made it listenable. Also his songwriting drives his aloof/self aware sadness Into the ground. Mind you somehow, despite all that I don't hate nirvana. But I'm not crazy about nevermind and thought In Utero was better.

Surprised Sigur Ros, Ed Sheeran, Keane, and James Blunt didn't get mentioned.

too easy Edited by TeeJay410

Guest Len B'stard

Nobody does Dylan better than Dylan. All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix is brilliant but that doesn't detract from the simple brilliance of the original.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

What IF...you were at the peak of your boredom when posting in this thread? Y'know, like bottle of whiskey, floods of tears and a shotgun levels of boredom? :lol: