The world's obsession with America

sweetness

Guest Len B'stard

There's only a couple of things that put me off America. One is that you can be put away for skunk...second is coppers can shoot at you. It'd be great to be able to watch boxing matches at a reasonable hour instead of 4 in the morning. No football though...and no one to talk about football to...nah, couldn't be having it.

Also, I get the impression America kinda forces you to be middle class? I get the feeling like the best places are like either the really rural areas or the really urban areas.

This is all bullshit trans-atlantic perceptions here, don't take this as some kinda gospel assessment of your country everyone, I know what i know from books and films and music and culture and crap, I don't pretend to get the whole kit and caboodle.

Edited by sugaraylen

Different states have different rules about weed. Most of the really harsh ones are in the south, which you would want to keep your brown ass out of anyway. After Colorado and Washington legalized and the entire state wasn't set on fire and ravaged by rape and poverty, there are like 4 more states putting legalization on the ballot.This opened the flood gates, and our federal government is eventually going to be forced to deal with it.

Guest Len B'stard
which you would want to keep your brown ass out of anyway

I was gonna say something like this too, that i believe some of yous ain't fond of people of my persuasion but i thought a bunch of you might get up my arse about that so i didn't. Is that true though, for real here, would i not get along well down South? I mean like what exactly, can't walk the streets type stuff or...would get funny looks in a certain kinda shop or...?

You'd be able to walk the streets just fine, maybe not in some areas, but that can go in many neighborhoods for people of any color. There are some places I keep my middle class white ass away from. You'd have to ask someone from the south (not Sunny) about how it is in practice down there. I'm from a northern, "celebrate everyone or you're a piece of shit" state.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh right, well thats OK then, so it's not just me, it just so happens that, in the right (or wrong) area at a certain time most denominations would get a load of stick? See that i don't mind, as long as i know that somewhere, you're getting a kicking too :lol:

No, i guess that's the same everywhere then to a greater or lesser degree. I dunno, it's just over here, especially in 'brown' communities you hear a load of shit, probably completely inaccurate like 'don't go to America, anything in a turban gets shot' and all kindsa bullshit like that. I guess it's relative though because there's similar things over here, like Snakes considering Thornton Heath to be some kind of gangsta ridden mini-Watts thats dangerous to walk around in when it's really not at all.

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah, I wouldn't say that's true practically anywhere (the anyone in a turban is shot deal), and there's definitely places that as a white guy, I'd think twice about going at night. Unfortunately, racism towards people of color is, from what I know, a lot more defined in some places in the South than it is elsewhere. Not defined in the way of systematic I guess, but more as in you'll see if it you know what to look for, or where not to go :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Thats a shame cuz the south always looked like the most interesting place. I say place like it's a fuckin' a square mile stretch or something, you know what i mean, area.

Thats a shame cuz the south always looked like the most interesting place. I say place like it's a fuckin' a square mile stretch or something, you know what i mean, area.

I think you should do a Louis Theroux style documentary: Lenny in America.

Guest Len B'stard

I think you should do a Louis Theroux style documentary: Lenny in America.

Yeah, Lens screams heard howling in the night air as big bubba holds him down, rapes him, lynchs him and has one of those BBQs the KKK used to have back in the day after they hung a black person :lol: Bring all the family round, it's like the prize deer or something. It'd be like the Blair Witch, they'd find the documentary cameras out in the sticks somewhere :lol: The Len Bitch Project :lol: Thats cold :lol:

I just envisioned the scene out of Dirty Harry when he does the liquor store.

'My wifes brother, i hit her...so he hit me...several times' :lol:

Gun%20Shop%20inside.jpg

Y'know a place like that would probably be in my top ten of places place i wanna go in the world :lol: You could offer me one of the 8 wonders and that place and I'd probably pick that place :lol:

I just envisioned the scene out of Dirty Harry when he does the liquor store.

'My wifes brother, i hit her...so he hit me...several times' :lol:

Gun%20Shop%20inside.jpg

You know, I almost bought a Keltec PLR-16, like the one in the picture, once. Would have been a hoot, but with CT's new 10 round capacity law it'd be a bit pointless now.

There are some places that are fantastic down there. All of this said, I'd still encourage a visit at some point if it's feasible for you. The really rural areas are where it's known to be the worst and no one's really going there on a vacation :lol:

Nashville is my favorite place down there. Wicked cool city.

I think it would be fun to be a white trash american for just one day: grow a mullet and a moustache; eat a load of horrendous food; listen to some kiss; watch some WWF on the television; interlope with my cousin.

I'm completely on the same page. Drink Budweiser, root for Dale Jr., generally just not give a fuck.

Guest Len B'stard

I think it would be fun to be a white trash american for just one day: grow a mullet and a moustache; eat a load of horrendous food; listen to some kiss; watch some WWF on the television; interlope with my cousin.

Sounds like your average Geordies sunday man :lol:

Was really surprised how easy it was to go on a shooting range in Maryland. They asked for ID, all I had was my provisional driver's license, and that was it, sign a document, and then I get to go into a room where I get to fire off hundreds of rounds of ammo. Mate had a redneck cousin who brought his own guns and ammo with him, we had to pay him for the ammo, we ended up firing just under $100 of ammo each that day.

Looking back, probably not entirely worth it, but still a hell of a lot of fun. I was a shit shot, tho :/ I did much better with my uncle's shotgun in Virginia, now that was fun :D Pump-action and evryfink, just like in the movies. I don't know if I'd ever be comfortable with owning my own gun, though, be paranoid about some kid finding it and playing around with it.

Guest Len B'stard

Uh, you don't really need to be a good shot with a pump action shotgun though, do you? :lol: It ain't exactly the marksmans weapon of choice :lol:

Uh, you don't really need to be a good shot with a pump action shotgun though, do you? :lol: It ain't exactly the marksmans weapon of choice :lol:

Ssssshhhhhhhhhh....

Nah, not really, but I still did better than my other uncle. We were just shooting milk cartons in a ravine in the woods, was still a fair distance. I was just really worried I'd shoot my own foot or one of my uncles or something. I can't get it out of my head that I could kill someone with that thing in the blink of an eye, terrifies me. It's fun as all hell shooting targets, though.

Guest Len B'stard

What, your uncle missed with a pump? You only really have to point it in the general direction with those bastards :lol: I dunno what i'm gobbing off about, i'm a fucking dreadful shot as well.