R.I.P. Jim Hellwig-The Ultimate Warrior

Subtle Signs

I bet you like nothing better than watching a couple of lubed up steroid chaps tumble around on the canvas for 30mins.

Wrestling is a much higher form of art than Nobody puts baby in a corner.

All the Axl fans are Wrestling fans haha

It all makes sense now! Everything makes sense!

I liked WWF for about one week when I was a child and then my balls dropped. Anyhow, I discovered Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan films. Why would I need a bunch of fakes when I can watch the real stuff?

Still, I can sort of see the appeal of seeing it live (less so, watching it on television). It is a spectacle. It is like a circus thing, a very Americanized circus. I probably would not mind going myself because it tours the UK occasionally. Drink a few beers and just enjoy the spectacle of it all. It has its place. But I cannot understand, following it in any degree of intensity, or watching it reguarly on television.

You lost me with Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee in the same sentence.

You know, I'm not so sophisticated and luckily my brain is not that cool so I'm still able of enjoying a well-scripted, huge, sport-ish spectacle every now and then. It must be hard to have a so selective indie underground-ish brain which doesn't allow you to have fun without digging deep in the upper class ways of cult entertainment.

• Like 2

I liked WWF for about one week when I was a child and then my balls dropped. Anyhow, I discovered Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan films. Why would I need a bunch of fakes when I can watch the real stuff?

Still, I can sort of see the appeal of seeing it live (less so, watching it on television). It is a spectacle. It is like a circus thing, a very Americanized circus. I probably would not mind going myself because it tours the UK occasionally. Drink a few beers and just enjoy the spectacle of it all. It has its place. But I cannot understand, following it in any degree of intensity, or watching it reguarly on television.

You know, I'm not so sophisticated and luckily my brain is not that cool so I'm still able of enjoying a well-scripted, huge, sport-ish spectacle every now and then. It must be hard to have a so selective indie underground-ish brain which doesn't allow you to have fun without digging deep in the upper class ways of cult entertainment.

I knowyou are trying to say, 'I am too cool for school', here, but see another crass widely marketed sport which just happens to be, a sport. Watch boxing or 20/20 cricket with all the skanky cheerleaders.

How were Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee any different from wrestlers? They were still acting in scripted movies and choreographed scenes.

Some pro wrestlers are legit NCAA champions. Does that make them the real deal?

Haven't you heard of those anecdotes of Bruce smashing the face of a triad with an one inch punch. And look at the training Jackie had, under Sifu Yuen. In WWF you are dealing with musclebound freaks from the trailers of america, who have compensated for that lack of intellect by pumping their veins full of steroids.

I knowyou are trying to say, 'I am too cool for school', here, but see another crass widely marketed sport which just happens to be, a sport. Watch boxing or 20/20 cricket with all the skanky cheerleaders.

1) Heh, cricket. :lol:

2) "Skanky" is so British.

But tell me, who would it be your favourite wrestler in the last 10 years?

Edited by Thin White Duke

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; If it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized."

His words on Raw just last night. Chilling now.

This is insane, can't believe he spoke and just got inducted a few nights ago and then this happens. Chilling.

RIP.

I honestly have never watched wrestling since my balls dropped. I used to like Jack the Snake and Andre the Giant in my youth if I recall.

You say "balls" like you have some. :rofl-lol: Wait... are you talking about those that dropped in your mouth?

Says, the person who likes to watch lubed up men role around on the floor in tight shorts.

I honestly have never watched wrestling since my balls dropped. I used to like Jack the Snake and Andre the Giant in my youth if I recall.

You say "balls" like you have some. :rofl-lol: Wait... are you talking about those that dropped in your mouth?

Says, the person who likes to watch lubed up men role around on the floor in tight shorts.

So that's a yes?

When wrestling comes up in a conversation, you simply know you are going to lose brain cells. It represents the culture of the moron.

Is this the point when I should start doing, 'your mother', jokes by the way?

Nobody cares or wants to know about you doing your mother.

When wrestling comes up in a conversation, you simply know you are going to lose brain cells. It represents the culture of the moron.

I honestly have never watched wrestling since my balls dropped.

And I gotta suppose your opinion downplaying wrestling's fans must be accurate and respectable because, hey, you've watched it 20 years ago!! Awesome.

You don't know what you're talking about but you still feel entitled to feel better than us, rednecks, discussing so silly entertainment. Go back to watch some Bosnian underground film made by some depressed misunderstood genius, but take your head out of your ass before.

WWE is a publicly traded, billion dollar company with tens of millions of viewers worldwide. A few years ago, Presidential candidates came on WWE programming to ask for our votes. I thought we were beyond the old stereotypes about Professional Wrestling fans but I guess not.

• Like 2