R.I.P. Jim Hellwig-The Ultimate Warrior

Subtle Signs

Guys, can we please just pay respects to the man and leave all of this extra petty bullshit out? Just respect the man and don't insult any one in here for liking him or wrestling for that matter. I really don't wanna lock a RIP thread but it's getting close here. Too many posts to remove so I won't even bother at this point.

Why would you lock the thread? Just thread-ban the one or two shits ruining it.

Yeah, I won't lock it, the post is more of an open warning to the members in here leaving shit comments about someone who has just passed. They know who they are, and if there's any more of it they won't be around to comment any further in here. It's a shame certain people take the opportunity to bash in RIP threads. This wasn't the first and i'm sick of it.

Warrior looked rough at the HOF, WM and Raw but he seemed to be in genuine good spirits and seemed to be happy to be back "home". Not sure if he knew how much the current generation of wrestlers looked up to him and that he was an inspiration for so many to get into wrestling. Whether or not he knew he was ill is all speculation, but if he knew, he sure made the most of his final days and all signs indicate that he made amends with most everybody he had issues with. I'm sure the years of lawsuits and trash talking took its toll on his body and mind. It had to. But he did seem at peace. His love for his family was unquestionable and touching. And it's great that he got those last few days to hear the roar of the crowd once again. Something that The Macho Man should have gotten...but that's another story.

And despite the man's beliefs and what he has said in the past, we as fans can appreciate what we saw on tv. The entertainer and inspiration that he was in his chosen profession. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, some are exposed, some not. People do change, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But that doesn't change the fact that he entertained millions of people over the years and that fans of his or just of wrestling feel saddened of his passing. We celebrate what he did to entertain us and the sacrifice he made doing it.

Edited by Sixes
  • Like 2

Guys, can we please just pay respects to the man and leave all of this extra petty bullshit out? Just respect the man and don't insult any one in here for liking him or wrestling for that matter. I really don't wanna lock a RIP thread but it's getting close here. Too many posts to remove so I won't even bother at this point.

Why would you lock the thread? Just thread-ban the one or two shits ruining it.

Yeah, I won't lock it, the post is more of an open warning to the members in here leaving shit comments about someone who has just passed. They know who they are, and if there's any more of it they won't be around to comment any further in here. It's a shame certain people take the opportunity to bash in RIP threads. This wasn't the first and i'm sick of it.

It'll come back to bite them.

• Like 1

Warrior looked rough at the HOF, WM and Raw but he seemed to be in genuine good spirits and seemed to be happy to be back "home". Not sure if he knew how much the current generation of wrestlers looked up to him and that he was an inspiration for so many to get into wrestling. Whether or not he knew he was ill is all speculation, but if he knew, he sure made the most of his final days and all signs indicate that he made amends with most everybody he had issues with. I'm sure the years of lawsuits and trash talking took its toll on his body and mind. It had to. But he did seem at peace. His love for his family was unquestionable and touching. And it's great that he got those last few days to hear the roar of the crowd once again. Something that The Macho Man should have gotten...but that's another story.

And despite the man's beliefs and what he has said in the past, we as fans can appreciate what we saw on tv. The entertainer and inspiration that he was in his chosen profession. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, some are exposed, some not. People do change, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But that doesn't change the fact that he entertained millions of people over the years and that fans of his or just of wrestling feel saddened of his passing. We celebrate what he did to entertain us and the sacrifice he made doing it.

Out of +1's but well said. Sad that a family lost a husband and father but as far as his professional career was concerned he did

get to basically wrap everything up with a neat bow.

As I suspected:

Bret Hart also commented on Warrior’s use of steroids over the years:

“I don’t think it would be a surprise to know he took steroids for a long time and I don’t know if he ever stopped.”

Guest Len B'stard
As I suspected:

To be fair, it was as clear as day. I remember WAAAY back in the day in the WWF Magazine they used to advertise this like, IBF thing, international bodybuilding federation thing, something like that...and they got done on a steroids rap if I'm not mistaken? The whole racket is rife with it but in the case of Warrior, it was bait as fuck, it's the first thing any gym type says when they see one of him pics.

Sting posted the following on his Facebook this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/realsting

"Mourning the loss of Jim Hellwig. I don't believe anyone has ever published this picture before today. The snapshot was taken two days before Thanksgiving in 1985, as we prepared to leave my house in Newhall, California and embark on a career in wrestling.

Jim always challenged me to strive at being the best, and I'll forever be grateful for the encouragement and motivation he provided.

I was looking forward to catching up with him, and I'm saddened we didn't have that opportunity before he passed. My heart goes out to his wife Dana and their two daughters, and they will remain in my prayers."

32182f0168090d9fd0cd26fe2ed93577_500.jpg

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 2

This was a total shock especially after WrestleMania and seeing the UW inducted to the Hall of Fame.

He left behind a wife and two little girls. His mom is still living too.

Sometimes I think life just likes to play jokes on us. It just doesn't seem fair that he got the respect he deserved from the WWE and then dies. It's like life gives you something good and then fucks all in the back.

Just so sad for his family. Now 2 little girls have no dad and in his speech he told them his greatest accomplishment was being their dad.

My heart goes out to his wife, 2 girls and his mom. Just sucks all around.

I remember watching him in the 80's. My son loved him. He made wrestling fun to watch. You never knew what he would do or say. From what the other people said, he was a good guy.

Too young to go. Another loss.

• Like 2

One of the sad things is he talks about his HOF induction, and how this is just the beginning for him back in WWE on the new DVD that just came out.

yeah and he was also put in the wwe game this year. it seemed like he was going to be back in a big way, and this happens :(

After watching his speech at RAW, he was out of breath for no reason and those are clear signs of heart problems. The speech he gave was almost like he was predicting and eluding to his own death. So strange and chilling.

RIP yet again :(

• Like 2

I was not aware they had been a tag team before they'd "made it" in the big promotions, but it's kinda cool they got to team up one last time on Warrior's last run in the business.

I'm so old I remember them them as The Blade Runners in UWF. Also I remember getting World Class Championship Wrestling on a local Upstate New York TV station and seeing him as The Dingo Warrior. When he showed up in WWF I recognized him from his UWF and WCCW days.

Back then as a kid we didn't have the Internet and we knew nothing of work rate. All I knew was that Warrior looked cool, had awesome entrance music and that he kicked ass.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx