R.I.P. Jim Hellwig-The Ultimate Warrior

Subtle Signs

Guest Len B'stard

How do you get that he was an asshole through his public speaking? He was a motivational speaker. You're aut9matically disqualified from doing that if you're an asshole. Granted, I've never actually seen one of his speaches; but I would assume it would be pretty hard to find work if you weren't connecting with an audience. I've also never seen an out of character interview with him. I'm guessing these are on YouTube? I'm on my phone right now, but when I get home I'll look them up if you can provide some examples where he looks particularly jackassish.

His regular blog more than those but those too.

Hate to say it, but there will be no tears shed by Vince. The man is cold-blooded.

At least they buried the hatchet and were on goodish terms, he was probably glad when Macho Man died.

I don't think Warrior could ever be on good terms with somebody like Vince, he simply negotiated a deal that would ensure the Warrior character no longer be dragged through the dirt. I mean, he even referred in his speech to how Vince criticized him as a young wrestler for thinking he was some sort of legend.

Guest Len B'stard

I hope you're happy len, you just had to come and make the thread all about you.

You're just narked because the thread has gone some way to actually talking about the persons character, which had a negative side, instead of just empty RIP platitudes. I mean its worth noting here that im the one that actually appears to actually know something about the cunt, along with about 3 or 4 other posters and are willing to discuss the shit...but i suppose 3 pages worth of RIP and 'i remember him from when i was a kid' is better than an actual discussion about the person and his character and the nature of people of that character, I suppose thats me making the thread all about me, yeah?

Cuz its not like the person matters eh, no, its all about how you come across in your reaction to his parting, well done Cardi, you've given a good account of yourself ;)

I fact, pretty much everyone is still discussing the guy and his character...except you, the guy that admits to not really knowing nothing about the case in question yet demands that his character not be discussed, awwww, sorry!

Tell you what, you give me a Cardi ordained script of thread do's and don'ts for every thread and ill try and be a good lad and follow em to the letter, anythings better than knowing that Cardi is out there somewhere crying over his keyboard.

Edited by sugaraylen

Appearing at the HOF (and he acknowledged in his speech that there was huge expectation surrounding his appearance) and RAW was too much for somebody that's been out of the business for so long. I genuinely think he would still be alive if he hadn't put so much strain on himself in one weekend.

Guest Len B'stard

He must've been in bad nick though if a weekends work done him in. Wanna watch that Raw thing now. I remember he made a comeback one other time too, fighting Hunter Hearst Helmsley back in the day, short lived though it was.

Anyone remember the graphitti duster jacket? That was sick :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.somethingawful.com/legal-threats/legal-threat-ultimate/1/

Funniest thing ever, this dude calls Warrior a racist on his website, has a back and forth with his 'legal team' (which is actually just warrior himself :lol:)by email, things get a little heated, Warrior starts calling the guys Dads house :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Appearing at the HOF (and he acknowledged in his speech that there was huge expectation surrounding his appearance) and RAW was too much for somebody that's been out of the business for so long. I genuinely think he would still be alive if he hadn't put so much strain on himself in one weekend.

That, and the culmination of what's really been a legal battle over the past years - it probably just caught up with him.

Oh and one more thing.

I exchanged emails with him once. I left a comment on his blog about a grammatical error or two, and I was a little snarky about it. No bullshit, he actually emailed me (because you had to leave your email to make a comment on his blog), thanking me for pointing it out, and asking if I did work professionally as a speechwriter (or something to that effect). He was very cordial and polite in our brief email exchange, and this was after I picked apart his little grammar mistakes and after I told him in the first email that I was just some wiseass on the internet. I just wanted to include that story here as an addendum to my previous post.

Edited by saber_
  • Like 1

Oh and one more thing.

I exchanged emails with him once. I left a comment on his blog about a grammatical error or two, and I was a little snarky about it. No bullshit, he actually emailed me (because you had to leave your email to make a comment on his blog), thanking me for pointing it out, and asking if I did work professionally as a speechwriter (or something to that effect). He was very cordial and polite in our brief email exchange, and this was after I picked apart his little grammar mistakes and after I told him in the first email that I was just some wiseass on the internet. I just wanted to include that story here as an addendum to my previous post.

:awesomeface:

I hope you're happy len, you just had to come and make the thread all about you.

Not the first time this happens when someone dies. I'd be more shocked if it didn't. :P

:lol:

Well said Saber btw :thumbsup:

Edited by Gia

I'd have to also disagree with anyone saying the Warrior was, "talentless". That's simply not true. Professional wrestling is entertainment, first and foremost. Some of the most famous professional wrestlers in history weren't necessarily always the most technically masterful wrestlers in the ring...Hulk Hogan being the prime example for that.

A great professional wrestler needs to be a great actor, talker and showman before even making his first move in the ring....and The Ultimate Warrior was definitely all of those.

• Like 1

TMZ excitedly reporting that he "clutched his chest before he collapsed" - of what good is that information to any decent human being?

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

The sergeant looking into Warrior's death had this to say: "At this point in the investigation, it appears as though a catastrophic medical condition caused his death."

I'd imagine the catastrophic medical condition is either a grossly enlarged heart, or heart disease; caused by the abuse of steroids (which when Warrior was at his peak, were absolutely necessary to succeeed). There is no doubt that they were actively peddled by Vince McMahon; not that that had any direct bearing on Warrior's passing.

Edited by NGOG

Like we said, enlarged heart + heart attack probably.

Rewatching that RAW segment is very upsetting - he seems almost subdued.

As you say, the gasps of air during basic actions seem to indicate that he was informed by a doctor of problems. It's almost like the gasping was a survival mechanism.