Slash calls 'Sweet Child o' Mine' the "gayest thing you can write"

It's not uncommon, a lot of artists dislike their biggest hit.

Yes but we all know why he dislikes SCOM.

Yes, exactly what he said. It went against their "schtick."

No he dislikes it because Axl wrote it.

If that's true he would have said there were a bunch of GNR songs he didn't like. You know, cuz Axl wrote a bunch of their songs.

• Like 1

No he dislikes it because Axl wrote it. Damn Smooth is partially correct though. I believe he's a closet homosexual.

Yeah sure Perla is his beard...............at least you haters are good for a laugh............. :lol:

If that's true he would have said there were a bunch of GNR songs he didn't like. You know, cuz Axl wrote a bunch of their songs.

He doesn't like most UYI songs. Where have you been? Don't get me started on November Rain. The guy is musically inept.

He doesn't like most UYI songs. Where have you been? Don't get me started on November Rain. The guy is musically inept.

And yet he created brilliant solos on the songs you mentioned........go figure.................. :shrugs: .....0.02 more cent for you DS...........

Edit: and actually I believe he stated the music was kick ass before Axl got his hands on it and added all the overdubs so it is the production not the music he hated........

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

Richie Sambora also says he can't stand Runaway (arguably the song that broke Bon Jovi) and also Axl said he "wants to bury Appetite". I think artists sometimes get really sick of songs and want to move on. And "we" read way to much into quotes. Maybe these days Slash here's SCOM and goes "gay". Maybe in 10 years Axl will want to "bury CD".....ok scratch that last one.

Please, get started on November Rain. And do you know what 'inept' means?

Richie Sambora also says he can't stand Runaway (arguably the song that broke Bon Jovi) and also Axl said he "wants to bury Appetite". I think artists sometimes get really sick of songs and want to move on. And "we" read way to much into quotes. Maybe these days Slash here's SCOM and goes "gay". Maybe in 10 years Axl will want to "bury CD".....ok scratch that last one.

TBF, saying he wants to "bury Appetite" is different from calling AFD gay/bad. He wanted to make a record that would be seen as better than AFD. Obviously he never succeeded, but what's wrong with having that goal? To want to top your best work?

And yet he created brilliant solos on the songs you mentioned........go figure.................. :shrugs: .....0.02 more cent for you DS...........

Creating riffs with your fingers and writing music are two different things which Buckethead and Ron both do better than him. Mr. Mercury and Mr. Rose are somewhere out there laughing at you.

Should've done an alternate version with better lyrics like Don't Cry.

She's got a temper that it seems to me

Reminds me of mine when they're out ta get me

Where everything was as unjust as St Louis' security

Woah OHOH Sweet Child O' Die

:shrugs: Nah sorry Slash, don't have the same ring to it...

• Like 3

That's what great about Axl - his diversity. He can write songs like Back of Bitch but also SCOM and NR. He doesn't care about idiots calling him gay for sharing his feelings.

This I Love lyrics are the worst and cheesiest crybaby lyrics I have heard in my entire life, though.

And you're completely misunderstanding the use of 'gay' in this context.

Creating riffs with your fingers and writing music are two different things which Buckethead and Ron both do better than him. Mr. Mercury and Mr. Rose are somewhere out there laughing at you.

Yeah sure that is why you hear Buckets and Rons riffs on the radio all the time right because they are so brilliant and memorable.....and why so many young guitarists imitate Slash's riffs.......and I am pretty sure Mr. Mercury is not laughing at anyone these days considering you know him being dead and all............... :lol:

That's what great about Axl - his diversity. He can write songs like Back of Bitch but also SCOM and NR. He doesn't care about idiots calling him gay for sharing his feelings.

You're right about one thing mate Axl does not care what we think about him only the geeks on this forum care..............

This I Love lyrics are the worst and cheesiest crybaby lyrics I have heard in my entire life, though.

I can top TIL.

It's been a long year

Since you've been gone

I've been alone here

I've grown old

I fall to pieces, I'm falling

Fell to pieces and I'm still falling

Every time I'm falling down

All alone I fall to pieces

I keep a journal of memories

I'm feeling lonely, I can't breathe

All the years I've tried

With more to go

Will the memories die

I'm waiting

Will I find you

Can I find you

We're falling down

I'm falling

Every time I’m falling down

• Like 1

Stop giving ITW attention.

I just wanted to see where it would go, but I realize I may only be entertaining myself.

Are you kidding his posts are comedy gold............even more so considering he actually believes what he is posting and is not trolling................ :lol:

Well, everyone's taste is different, but I think that these things are what makes Axl unique,

"And you're completely misunderstanding the use of 'gay' in this context."

How so?

I can top TIL.

It's been a long year

Since you've been gone

I've been alone here

I've grown old

Every time I'm falling down

I keep a journal of memories

I'm feeling lonely, I can't breathe

All the years I've tried

With more to go

Will the memories die

I'm waiting

Will I find you

Can I find you

We're falling down

I'm falling

You didn't top it but those are horrendous lyrics too.

Slash didn't write them so what are we talkin' about again?

ITW's like a really shit version of volcano.

You didn't top it but those are horrendous lyrics too.

Slash didn't write them so what are we talkin' about again?

For someone who hates gay songs, Slash sure plays on a lot of gay songs.

Edited by bacardimayne