Slash calls 'Sweet Child o' Mine' the "gayest thing you can write"

The first time Slash showed who he was - at least to me - was in a brazilian interview when he came back to Brazil to play with Snakepit. He said he NEVER enjoyed playing Sweet Child. This, for me, was like... so all I'm watching is fake? He doesn't enjoy it? Shit. Then all the crap against Axl, we know the whole story.

And Axl said in 1991 that playing only Appetite was like jerkin' off, that he wanted to play new songs for his fans and implied that he was against the idea of playing the same setlist from city to city. Yet, he's performing almost the entire AFD album day by day, year by year (is he jerkin' off in front of you, his fans now? that's disgusting! :rolleyes:). With the same setlist, day by day, year by year. And I'm not going to mention the horrendous, poor, weak vocals and performance in general.

And what crap against Axl? Who is included in "we"? You and the 3-4 blind Axl followers? Because I don't know the whole story. Please, do tell.

Now there's the contract thing that surfaced on the internet and now he says Sweet Child is gay (well, he's the one who recorded with Michael Jackson, pop singers, latin pop singers, Fergie, etc - the list is huge). So all this means 2 things: Slash lies. And Slash wants to steal your money.

Learn English and pay attention. It's all I can say. If you're going to ignore the fact that he said 'at the time', then I think it's crystal clear that your statement is invalid.

So... Slash is lying, huh? So... he doesn't really think that SCOM is the gayest thing you can write? Then why are you soooo bitter and angry about? And how is he stealing someone's money? Is he charging you for listen to his songs? Is he giving you a shit version of what you're really paying for? It's amusing that the same person who would pay hundreds of dollars to see an out-of-breath, shot-vocals, washed-up version of what once was one of the greatest singers of all time, is saying that Slash, who since got sober, plays better than before, records new music for his fans, is the one who wants to "steal" people's money. :lol:

Doesn't matter if you like GN'R or not at 2014 or 2010 or 2006 or 2001, one thing is true: Axl NEVER sold his soul for money and fame the way Slash did and does. And by everything we hear and know, Axl tells the truth (even Marc Canter is precise when he says that Axl doesn't lie and that Slash lies).

So I guess that's it. I just wish the truth could be out there for the mass audience to see but seems like they'll keep on being fooled. But the truth is coming out. Little by little.

Oh, let me correct this real quick. Yes, Axl sold his soul for money the moment he made his band play in a multi-millionaire wedding for 1 million dollars. For fame, I would have to agree, he hasn't done anything relevant in the last 15 o 20 years that is worth any kind of "fame".

Marc Canter said that Axl doesn't lie because he believes in what it is his own truth. You can't lie if you believe what you're saying - in that scenario, you're just lying to yourself.

Finally, there's no truth coming out. The truth was out there years ago and you're the fooled one. Sorry. :)

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2

We need more Nosajs and less spgunners here.

No. We need both. You always need a bit of everything to balance it all out.

I'm not comparing them for their Axl/Slash support. Difference is Nosaj is a good poster, with good arguments, good humor, etc. Spgunner says Slash sold his soul and that Axl is loyal. There's the difference.

For the love of Christ :facepalm:

Some of you are overreacting to this more than Axl even would in this case.

He said he wasn't fond of the idea *at the time* when gnr was a brash rock band. He even clarified he doesn't hate the song, but it wasn't his cup of tea upon creating it. He's alluded to this at least a couple of times before. What are you all up in arms over?

20 pages and the Axl's defense force is still calling Slash a homophobic cancer. Let's just give up.

:facepalm:

It is srs business for some people to bash and hate on Slash as much as humanly possible.

Don't you guys know that the more you bash Slash, the bigger of an Axl fan you are?

But how do you call it when you're bashing them both at the moment? Temporaries?

We need more Nosajs and less spgunners here.

No. We need both. You always need a bit of everything to balance it all out.

I'm not comparing them for their Axl/Slash support. Difference is Nosaj is a good poster, with good arguments, good humor, etc. Spgunner says Slash sold his soul and that Axl is loyal. There's the difference.

Thing is... One side has all the tools and resources in the world to bash Axl. I mean... Axl practically begs to be easily criticized while defending him with logical arguments is impossible nowadays. It's much, much easier to be a Slashite than an Axlite. One side releases albums in different projects every 3 or 4 years, having released 6 studio albums with one more coming up, two live album/dvds, featured in 5 songs from other artists and doing it so while maintaining a certain standard, while the other has released one album in 20 years, no live albums or dvds, keeping the same setlist for quite a while, sounding worse with every tour, keeping fans in the dark, not interacting or caring for their opinion, refusing to do anything that requires the least amount of work to please anybody except himself, his foster family and his cats.

^ That is why hardcore Axlites have all opened up their eyes to the terrible situation Guns N' Roses is in right now. And those who haven't by now are in denial and cannot rely on reason for arguments against criticism on Axl and Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1