Slash calls 'Sweet Child o' Mine' the "gayest thing you can write"

BREAK OUT THE PITCHFORKS! Slash thinks SCOM is soft when he's trying to keep his hard image. did you expect him to prance around and paint the merry-go-round proclaiming that it's the most rock n roll thing he put out?

wonder how much in royalties he makes every year just for that one song? $1000? $10000? was it their biggest hit record?

http://www.webn.com/onair/the-kiddchris-show-49404/listen-slash-calls-sweet-child-o-12241318/

What a fucking goof. Yeah, talk down your biggest hit song like it makes you some kind of badass, but then keep playing it at every show.

So, by proxy, does Slash think the people who show up to his little shows to hear SCOM are the gayest fans you can have?

Good job picking up on that one thing and leaving out the part where said it was a great song and it's how he felt AT THE TIME.

• Like 1

He's right. And its good that he's man enough to say.

Uh-oh, he backtracked and said it was a great song. Guess he wasn't man enough to stick to his guns (no pun intended) after all.

if Matt paid 150 grand for Slash's Superbowl stuff am I the only one finding that a bit creepy?

I don't find it creepy as the proceeds always go to charity. And, he didn't not pay $150K, he paid less than $80K.

$80k is still a pretty stiff price for some crotch sniffing.

Yes, but it was for charity. Let's not forget how bids work, if you're getting it for $80K someone else wanted it for $79K.

I don't even think it was because they were Slash's belongings but because they were worn during the Super Bowl. Even his high-top shoes sold for $1800.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Yes, but it was for charity. Let's not forget how bids work, if you're getting it for $80K someone else wanted it for $79K.

I don't even think it was because they were Slash's belongings but because they were worn during the Super Bowl. Even his high-top shoes sold for $1800.

Yeah, I can put the crotch sniffing aside for a moment and give Matt some props for the charity. That was good of him.

if Matt paid 150 grand for Slash's Superbowl stuff am I the only one finding that a bit creepy?

I don't find it creepy as the proceeds always go to charity. And, he didn't not pay $150K, he paid less than $80K.

485 SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE WORN ENSEMBLE $25,000

486 SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE WORN TOP HAT $18,750

487 SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE WORN HIGHTOP SHOES $1,875

488 SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE PLAYED GIBSON LES PAUL GUITAR $55,000

+ buyers premium of approx 25% and I also think California residents have a sales tax

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Yeah, I can put the crotch sniffing aside for a moment and give Matt some props for the charity. That was good of him.

crotch sniffing :rofl-lol: but yeah, that was a good gesture.

Well if he brought the pants etc the whole outfit went for close to 125-150 grand with tophat and guitar

I watched the auction and those items went a hell of a lot higher then 80

I think Matt only bought the top hat and the Les Paul. Not 100% sure.

I have to say that Slash is wrong here. Axl wrote those lyrics for Erin. He said when him and Erin were at their best that they brought out the child in each other. The lyrics are about something real to Axl. Not some made up affection that he didn't understand. (Well the outro didn't take much to come up with)

but still I think Slash struggles to open up to people, while Axl spent a lot of his life getting his emotions into songs. I think Axl knows he's not very good at expressing himself outside of music so sweet child is a reminder that what makes Axl such a great musician is his ability to express himself through his lyrics or on stage performances.

crotch sniffing :rofl-lol: but yeah, that was a good gesture.

Well if he brought the pants etc the whole outfit went for close to 125-150 grand with tophat and guitar

I watched the auction and those items went a hell of a lot higher then 80

I think Matt only bought the top hat and the Les Paul. Not 100% sure.

I was thinking it was probably some Japanese businessman with a slash fetish and it ended up being Matt Sorum buying the items

So you'd throw out Nov Rain and Estranged even Locomotive bcos Axl slapped a bitch.

Slash was always drunk.

Are we talkin' about SCOM or other songs? Stay on topic. Slapped a bitch? I wouldn't call her a bitch even if she was since I don't know her.

Slash was always drunk. Shit! I didn't know!! ...and? How does that affect Axl or Erin or SCOM? :facepalm: