What comes next?

I'm bored and the duff euphoria is wearing off fast so What do y'all think comes next from GnR land

New member?

New song? (New as in brand new) (lolololol)

Leak?

Live DVD release? (Wasn't there some epic DVD supposed to be released like 5 years ago? Hehe)

Axl takes over lead guitar?

Pittman takes over lead vocals?

Frank is given the GnR name?

:)

I'm bored and the duff euphoria is wearing off fast so What do y'all think comes next from GnR land

New member?

Leak?

Live DVD release? (Wasn't there some epic DVD supposed to be released like 5 years ago? Hehe)

My guess is that the next year includes:

Golden Gods

Rock On The Range

Silence

Promises

Silence

North American Tour (UCaP style)

Silence

• Like 1

New member?

Leak?

My guess is that the next year includes:

Golden Gods

Rock On The Range

Silence

Promises

Silence

North American Tour (UCaP style)

Silence

Hmm UCaP tour that's a really good guess! Would be pretty cool ig if they came near my town.. But wait! Wouldn't bumble then have to add some days to his count Down tweet!? Uh oh

well there's supposed to be something exciting in store for the vegas gigs? what that could be? anyone's guess.

Lol like every other surprise on every other tour - nothing

2-3 songs was clearly attitude/raw power. We wont get anything else. It was a horrible lie to sell tickets for the residency.

I honestly believe we'll see a lineup change soon. Now, by soon I don't mean tomorrow, or even next week. But I'd say within the next one or two years, one of these gentlemen will leave or be fired from the band, or perhaps another will be added even. That last one would be pointless, but it could happen. Personally, this possibility makes me even more excited than anything else, but I guess that has to do with me being a "history nerd" when it comes to bands, and the false hope that maybe, just maybe, a new member would cause Axl to kick it into gear somehow. Also so I can hold out hope that some of my favorite players earn a spot in the band, haha.

At this point though, I don't expect any new songs to be played, at least not before a confirmed album. Probably just some things revisited after a long time. I think Axl would only play new songs right before a guaranteed release date now. I do however think we'll see a record within the next 5-10 years, and that's being optimistic, unfortunately. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and that maybe we'll see one in the next 1-3 years, but I know we most likely won't. But with GN'R, who really knows? Pretty sure Axl himself doesn't most of the time.

Other than that? Leaks. Don't know how many there will be, if they'll be new or old songs, if they'll even be complete songs, but I do expect them in some capacity. Also, Axl or other band members to tease us with new titles. I'd even be satisfied knowing what the entire "32" songs were, or the names of all songs currently in development or being toyed with. Sure, we can guess and debate about it all night and day, but I'd want a full tracklist from the band themselves. Just a list of names from them, and I'd be happy.

• Like 1

I predict Ron leaves at the end of Vegas, and Axl blames the lack of activity on his "untimely departure".

And the beat goes on :jerkoff:

Someone must and should leave at the end of Vegas, its too much, and Axl should take it as a "ok guys, maybe its been too much touring, lets go to the studio"

• Like 1

I predict Ron leaves at the end of Vegas, and Axl blames the lack of activity on his "untimely departure".

And the beat goes on :jerkoff:

In the past, if a band member left and slags off Axl, as we all expect Ron to do, Axl usually would deliver a big statement, coated in undecipherable 'Axlspeak' and paranoia. Now however, judging by the way Axl does not care these days, I imagine he will just hire another Ashba cock-rocker and continue.

• Like 2

I honestly believe we'll see a lineup change soon. Now, by soon I don't mean tomorrow, or even next week. But I'd say within the next one or two years, one of these gentlemen will leave or be fired from the band, or perhaps another will be added even. That last one would be pointless, but it could happen. Personally, this possibility makes me even more excited than anything else, but I guess that has to do with me being a "history nerd" when it comes to bands, and the false hope that maybe, just maybe, a new member would cause Axl to kick it into gear somehow. Also so I can hold out hope that some of my favorite players earn a spot in the band, haha.

At this point though, I don't expect any new songs to be played, at least not before a confirmed album. Probably just some things revisited after a long time. I think Axl would only play new songs right before a guaranteed release date now. I do however think we'll see a record within the next 5-10 years, and that's being optimistic, unfortunately. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and that maybe we'll see one in the next 1-3 years, but I know we most likely won't. But with GN'R, who really knows? Pretty sure Axl himself doesn't most of the time.

Other than that? Leaks. Don't know how many there will be, if they'll be new or old songs, if they'll even be complete songs, but I do expect them in some capacity. Also, Axl or other band members to tease us with new titles. I'd even be satisfied knowing what the entire "32" songs were, or the names of all songs currently in development or being toyed with. Sure, we can guess and debate about it all night and day, but I'd want a full tracklist from the band themselves. Just a list of names from them, and I'd be happy.

I would be ecstatic if Axl came out and told us the songs he is working on and what we might expect one day but I just don't see that. I believe another album will come out one day and that we will have no idea what the songs are called or sound like untill it sees an official release.. I think Axl wants to keep everything under raps and then boom one day album comes out with new titles on the songs we think we know exist.. I think he wants his next album to be judged solely off of the music and not have previous versions of his songs floating around again.

In my dreamland Axl drops an album in 2015 with 2 techno hits and 2 rap songs featuring Rihanna and Kendrick Lamar a patience style track a little faster and the rest crazy rockers o and ofcourse November rain 3.0 with Elton on it

Touring with more old songs, maybe songs they haven't played from UYI, TSI or some CD songs they dont play frequently but for them, they're "new songs", also new solos, old band members as guests, Jarmo supporters will say those little changes are fantastic and will come up with excuses, and they will slowly be less "accepted", this SA tour didn't include many countries, Chile producers didn't help bringing them, and in Argentina they played a smaller venue than the last times, and just 1 show, 2011 had 3 Argentina shows or more. Only a new album and new releases (documentaries, live recordings, anything) will fix this. When you go to a Music store or a Rock shop/store, you dont see nuGnR, not even a dvd, a documentary, an album, if u search hard u find CD, GnR does not push their actual image, its like they don't remind the people that they exist, you see Metallica, Maiden, PJ, everywhere, not nuGnR, just the old band material, and that makes people forget more about the actual one which seems like they only have 1 objective: just touring.

Debuts a new song at golden gods, keeps it in setlist for Vegas, ultimate exposure ya know, proper progression... another new song a few shows into the residency, drop 1 chinese song if you're worried the audience won't like too much post-96 GNR, setlist has a good variation but mix up the songs a bit, throw Prostitute, Right Next Door to Hell, Yesterdays, TWAT, Out Ta Get Me, Used To Love Her, Dust N' Bones, Dead Horse, 14 Years in a bit, let BBF fucking sing on more stuff. That's what I'd like but the sets are good yet predictable for years now, the real killer is new songs from the actual current GNR guys.

Edited by RandallFlagg

well there's supposed to be something exciting in store for the vegas gigs? what that could be? anyone's guess.

2-3 songs was clearly attitude/raw power. We wont get anything else. It was a horrible lie to sell tickets for the residency.

what kinda surprise would get you excited? some new tunes? a lineup change? what else could they do to get folks freaking out?

what kinda surprise would get you excited? some new tunes? a lineup change? what else could they do to get folks freaking out?

yeah, like theyve done anything worthy of freaking out, new songs is what all people want, its not just that, its what they should do, nothing since 2008 is embarrasing, people talk and listen to CD again and they think "oh im so fan, im hearing the latest gnr album again and im enjoying it, such a complex song, omg".

After Vegas they will play Europe. All featuring the exact same setlist! You have heard it here first.

If you by "exact same setlist!" mean about 20-25 songs with a core that remains constant, some new covers and some fluctuating songs (Shackler's, Nice Boys, My Michelle, etc), then I agree with you.

After Vegas they will play Europe. All featuring the exact same setlist! You have heard it here first.

If you by "exact same setlist!" mean about 20-25 songs with a core that remains constant, some new covers and some fluctuating songs (Shackler's, Nice Boys, My Michelle, etc), then I agree with you.

That core remaining, constant as the earth's rotation haha.

Honestly, Soul, what do you think this absurd band are doing right? Why are they stuck in Vegas hell when the solution to their problems is screaming out to their face? They are in their sixth year of an album, still playing pretty much (however much you try to spin it, with 'covers') the same setlist that they were playing in 2011, three years ago! Three members of that band have never known the experience of writing in a GN'R situation, and one of them has never recorded a note with them. How can you justify this mess, when, all the band members (sans Axl) and all the fans are absolutely desperate for an album? I honestly do not think anyone wants this touring to continue beyond S. America and Jarmo.

That core remaining, constant as the earth's rotation haha.

Honestly, Soul, what do you think this absurd band are doing right? Why are they stuck in Vegas hell when the solution to their problems is screaming out to their face? They are in their sixth year of an album, still playing pretty much (however much you try to spin it, with 'covers') the same setlist that they were playing in 2011, three years ago! Three members of that band have never known the experience of writing in a GN'R situation, and one of them has never recorded a note with them. How can you justify this mess, when, all the band members (sans Axl) and all the fans are absolutely desperate for an album? I honestly do not think anyone wants this touring to continue beyond S. America and Jarmo.

I am not justifying anything. They can do whatever they won't to do without them, and especially not me, having to justify their actions. If they became an acapella band solely covering Twisted Sisters it would still not be anything that needed justification. Only if they didn't fullfil some obligation, contract, promise, or were hurting anyone, could I stand up and say, "How can you justify this?". But as it is I can't. I can no more demand that GN'R justifies their decisions than I can demand justification for any other artist who either perform under par or make decisions I wouldn't make.

But this doesn't mean I think what they are doing is necessarily the smartest thing to do from a business, financial or from an artistic perspective. And it is certainly not what I personally would want them to do if this was up to me. I would like them to stop touring years ago and focused on releasing more music. Ideally I would like a great record every second to third year with touring in-between. I think we all would like that. But just because they (= Axl) see it otherwise and have other priorities doesn't make it "wrong" or in need of "justification" - because no one should have to justify what they do with their lives when it isn't hurting others. If this is what they are happiest with - which I must assume is the case - then that is all the "justification" that is needed. But again, it is not my job to argue for why they do what they do, only they can do that, knowing all the details and their own motivations/drives/pleasures/etc.