Alice Cooper predicts original GNR reunion

Yeah Axl sounds terrible, but watching Ashba and Bumble butcher the classics is even worse IMO. If the original lineup got back together at least it would look and feel like GNR. People would go crazy and i bet nobody would care that much about Axls deteriorated voice. Even with Duff this "band' at the moment just doesn't capture what gnr was all about. Slash and Izzy were just as important as Axl and after last night I'm beginning to think they were more important hell even gilby and matt were a 100 times more "gnr" than these other clowns.

Gilby was really bad at guitar as well. No flow whatsoever. But at least he had the decency to remain calm and collected and wasn't trying to keep up with the lead. DJ should probably stick to rhythm. He can't correctly play a single one of the solos he's handed. It's a shame.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Not in this lifetime

They're just bloated celebs at this point like Axl

Both of them are totally irrelevant to todays music (which is fine by me) but they keep saying this same shit forever

Actually Axl can't sing anymore so it's not worth it

PS: Bam Margera WILL die from 2-3 years now on if he doesn't go to a rehab or something.

Pretty much. Slash's guitar skills are still there but he hasn't put out a good and memorable guitar solo since the first VR record in my opinion. Axl's live vocals are pretty bad. If they got back together(fat chance), I would go see them just because I would love to see the original line up together live but I know it would be far from perfect.

The other guys have simpler equipment that's why Axl would sound worse, he uses his voice which is infinitely more complex to perform with. Slash could shoot heroin, drink a bottle, snort coke and still play guitar and sound passable. Even Ashba's playing can cut the mustard because it's an instrument you can control to sound fine to a certain degree without playing at an optimal, it's a hell of a lot harder to sing Axl's songs than play them on instruments.

Alice Cooper bores be to tears - so I really don't care what he has to say. He's probably very butthurt that Axl didn't want his celebration to have anything to do with him.

Lol, kid. I highly doubt Alice Cooper is butthurt. He's been a successful musician for over 40 years now. Maybe like most fans who were around for the real deal he wants a reunion. Ever think of that, Broham?

Reunion? Why would Slash even want a reunion? IMO, Slash's live shows (with Myles and the Conspirators) in recent years have been infinitely better than what we saw at the Golden Gods last night. And I'm not even a Myles fan...in fact, I find his voice extremely irritating at times...but almost anything is better than what I heard from Axl last night. It's really sad what has happened to Axl. But if anything, Slash should be trying to distance himself as far as possible from the embarrassing train wreck that now bears the GnR brand. I'm still somewhat perplexed at Duff's desire to be involved with it again. I love the original lineup, they're one of my favorite bands...but I prefer to just remember them the way they were rather than see them make some pathetic attempt at a reunion. And what I'd really love to see is Axl giving Slash a call to ask him about a reunion, and Slash telling him..."no thanks, I already have a singer...". LOL

Not expecting a reunion, but then again, Eddie Van Halen swore that he would never reunite with David Lee Roth, so who knows?

Alice kicks ass btw.

Problem is, most bands do it for the dollars.

Our guy is the one guy stubborn enough to not cash the check. Its why all these other examples fall short, in my view.

• Like 1

As much as I love and respect Alice Cooper, I think he's wrong on this one.

It's clear that a reunion will never happen.

The hatred from Axl is not even concentrated on Slash, I'm sure he still hates Sorum's guts just as much and that he clearly ignores Adler's existence.

I can't see Axl accepting to swallow his feelings and sitting on his principles he had for 20 years just for a pile of cash.

To be honest, I don't even see Slash accepting to do it for the cash. Plus, the role of the "good guy who got fired from the bad villain in the best rock n' roll band ever" is perfect for him to earn enough money until his grand-grand-children die.

call his hatred irrational, at least he stands by his words and principles on that specific subject; He does not like Slash anymore based on experiences they (and only they) shared, therefore he will never work on something with him again.

Plus, that a reunion will never work.

If they release an album and it sucks, people will say it was a bad idea.

If they release an album and it works, people will say that because of Axl we lost 20 years af great GnR records.

If they tour but do not release an album, people will say that they should and that reunited for nothing...

If I recall there is an interview with Duff after the RNRHOF where, still quite emotional, he talked about the great vibe around that gathering of musicians and that he was going to do something about keeping it going...

I remember being quite excited that maybe, just maybe he was going to try to end the war.

Maybe now, if people could be made get in a room by Duff, things could be laid to rest.

I don't see a reunion but the end to hostilities could be fucjking great for all men involved.