Alice Cooper predicts original GNR reunion

A lot of posters on here apparently don't know the definition of the word hypocrite.

But he said something that went against Axl...........so yes, we must all start bashing him.

How is he not a hypocrite? Sure they've all made peace, but until he does a full blown ACG reunion then why should he be telling Axl to do a GN'R reunion?

It might have to do with Glen Buxton not being a part of it, the good thing is that the band members got songwriting credits on most of the hits, so they probably can't complain too much. They were on Welcome 2 so maybe the possibility is still there. I think at this point, he'd probably do some sort of residency/career retrospective in Vegas.

Power - for him to be a hypocrite then the reasons the band broke up and the reasons they don't reunite would have to be the same as with what happened with GnR.

I'm not saying that Alice doesn't have skeletons in his closet or that he isn't to blame for what has/is happening with his old band.

You can have an opinion on a topic, even if you yourself have went through a similar situation, without you being a hypocrite.

Thirty years ago as a teenager I stole a baseball card from a pawn shop. Twenty years a neighbor let me splice into his satellite TV dish and I got free tv for a couple years.

Does that mean I'm a hypocrite now because I tell my children that they shouldn't steal?

Or is the guy in prison for 25 years for stealing a hypocrite if he tells the kids on Scared Straight that they shouldn't steal?

Life isn't as simple as categorizing people because of one incident or one thing that they've said.

Axl: 'It wasn’t so much that it was a good course or that if looking back I could do something differently it’s that for better or worse it was the only course and had I not done this Slash would have succeeded in destroying me publicly much more than he, others or myself have so far and I would have gone bankrupt.

I don’t know where I’d be but there’s clearly no happy ending there and with everything else that had gone on in every other area of my life the devastation isn’t something I feel I would have overcome at least to any real degree publicly. Hopefully I would’ve been able to pick myself up enough to get a job or sing somewhere else but I doubt anything that significant.'

The guy will not get back with Slash for some extra cash, that would be the only motivation and if people call him cash grabbing now, what would they call him reuniting a band he clearly would not be happy in? Unless he releases new material he is not progressing the band and it has just stagnated and he might just be done honouring the crazy vision he started but reuniting with Slash would just take a giant dump on the last fifteen years of life he's fought for and to get away from what came before.

Yeah but what has the last 15 years brought? One basically failed album and a shit load of cash grabbing, nostalgia tours. Axl is the king of missed opportunities and wasted years. Why then should he not cash grab with the guys that wrote these songs?

Yeah but what has the last 15 years brought? One basically failed album and a shit load of cash grabbing, nostalgia tours. Axl is the king of missed opportunities and wasted years. Why then should he not cash grab with the guys that wrote these songs?

He doesn't like Slash.

Plus money is not Axl's only motivation.

He doesn't like Slash.

Sure seems like it to me. Why else would he tour the hits and not release new music?

He doesn't like Slash.

Sure seems like it to me. Why else would he tour the hits and not release new music?

Just because he likes to make money from touring pretty much the same show doesn't mean he's a complete sellout. If he was, he would have reunited the band years ago, and wouldn't do an expensive stage show and lose money on that. Plus funding Chinese from his own pocket after the label cut him off. Just look at the man's actions with the whole Chinese project and all the people he paid and all those nice salaries he paid people to do nothing most of the time.

This melody inside of me still searches for solution, it's not a question of whether my heart is true. :heart:

Edited by Rovim

He doesn't like Slash.

Just because he likes to make money from touring pretty much the same show doesn't mean he's a complete sellout. If he was, he would have reunited the band years ago, and wouldn't do an expensive stage show and lose money on that. Plus funding Chinese from his own pocket after the label cut him off. Just look at the man's actions with the whole Chinese project and all the people he paid and all those nice salaries he paid people to do nothing most of the time.

This melody inside of me still searches for solution, it's not a question of whether my heart is true.

I've always thought about this you know...looking at the numbers on how much they grossed yearly in terms of sales, and how many people on his payroll, not just the band members, but also those behind the scene like Beta's uncle and god-knows-who-else, and no new record so to speak to boost attendance to their shows, I've always wonder how many years left before Axl's bank account finally gets depleted. Then again, we don't know how savvy he is outside his job as a musician that he may be doing some great investing on the side to supplement his lifestyle.

I have woken to reality..Reunion will NEVER happen.....Alice lives in delusional world..So glad I have opened my eyes...Maybe in another lifetime and universe but not in this universe..This makes me sad to realize this..........Ofcourse I would LOVE to see it happen but there is too much shit on the way and the situation is what it is...Let's just continue to support this current incarnation of GnR and be glad that GnR is alive in some way..........Fuck this shit....................................................Makes me so depressed to even write this fact............

Never give up the dream!

But it's impossible..there is just too much shit on the way..the biggest obstacle is Axl and Slash and their feud+Axl has said "not in this lifetime"...... :shrugs:

I have woken to reality..Reunion will NEVER happen.....Alice lives in delusional world..So glad I have opened my eyes...Maybe in another lifetime and universe but not in this universe..This makes me sad to realize this..........Ofcourse I would LOVE to see it happen but there is too much shit on the way and the situation is what it is...Let's just continue to support this current incarnation of GnR and be glad that GnR is alive in some way..........Fuck this shit....................................................Makes me so depressed to even write this fact............

Never give up the dream!

But it's impossible..there is just too much shit on the way..the biggest obstacle is Axl and Slash and their feud+Axl has said "not in this lifetime"...... :shrugs:

Highly unlikely but not impossible. I always blame lawyers for making what could be a workable situation into a no win situation. Maybe the book was the nail in the coffin but I didn't see anything damning in there except alluding to Axl being abusive to an unnamed female.

Axl saying "not in this lifetime" in itself means jack shit.

Hundreds of band members have said "never ever" throughout history, only to eventually reunite.

The main, and really sole, problem is Axl's relentless hatred towards Slash. He'll never admit he was wrong about anything relating to the break up. And with all the yes men mooches he surrounds himself with that enable him, he'll never even ponder how he played a hand in the downfall and realize Slash isn't the root to all his problems. He's too stubborn to admit that nu guns was a failure and that he needs the others (specifically Slash) to make a proper gnr record.

Never gonna happen. Enjoy bingo night or fuck off :jerkoff:

Slash was "just"* a riff and solo maker. Guns N' Roses' got plenty of those. If Axl really needs any former member it would be a good song writer like Izzy. Someone who can put together the meat and potatoes of a song. The overall structure, the hooks, the choruses, the verses. Simple songs that can be a scaffold for Axl's vocal melodies and the lead guitar, and that can be embellished by the other great musicians in the band. That is what this band really needs.

* And a GREAT one at that. Don't get me wrong. But he will never be remembered for his songs writing skills in GN'R, just like he will never be remembered for his song writing skills anywhere else.

If money was that important to him then a reunion would be the logical thing to do. The fact that he refuses, and vehemently so, to even entertain the notion of a reunion with Slash despite the undeniable huge financial upside of such a thing, tells us that there is something more important to him, and that is to not reunite.